PDA

View Full Version : Reutrn of Altair?

tjbyrum1
11-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Although the player is told the Alta´r is long dead, it is implied by the final page of the codex that he has used the apple to extend his life, thus making it possible for him to reappear in later games.

YES I pulled it from Wikipedia. Just seeing what you guys think.

Note: I have not stated my opinion on this yet.

SWJS
11-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Unproved fancruft written into wiki because they think because it's on wiki it's true.

I've seen this hundreds of times, as I've worked on many wikis.

SynysterSnyper
11-06-2010, 11:05 PM
It would be crazy if you were playing AC:B and were in trouble in a boss battle when all of a sudden it goes into a slow motion scene of Altair jumping from the roof to help you. You cant trust everything you read from wiki though. Learned that the hard way

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 11:24 PM
That sounds like something for a fighter game.

"Oooh looook! Altair has come to saaave the daaayy!" Says the tournament announcer.

magesupermaster
11-06-2010, 11:29 PM
^A new challanger appears!

Serenity9066
11-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

I wanted soooo bad to post that cat picture, but I held back. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

magesupermaster
11-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Serenity9066:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:

I wanted soooo bad to post that cat picture, but I held back. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you made me feel bad.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Zokuno
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM
I have thought of this for a while. I was also thinking that maybe (and a very tiny maybe) Altair and Ezio both use the apple to become immortal and have heard of Abstergo's plans, and plan to help Desmond save the world

***AC2 SPOILER***

(Ezio had heard about Desmond through Minerva and how he was meant to save the world so it could make sense)

***END SPOILER***

I highly doubt that would happen though.

Sparty2020
11-07-2010, 05:10 AM
While it may be true judging from the Codex I DEARLY hope it isn't

Rheaubi
11-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Well if it is anything like other life-prolongers, Altair actually needs to have it with him all the time, and we know he doesn't.

Rob_sin
11-07-2010, 07:40 AM
I think that Altair looks into the apple again and is shown that his bloodline can relive his life through a machine and so in a way his memories will live on forever. the apple often shows him the future. i would hate it if he was made immortal. feels a little cheap.

Assassin_M
11-07-2010, 07:53 AM
I`v had a feeling that altair would appear in brotherhood since i`v seen the Uplay rewards

TheEpicWolf
11-07-2010, 08:07 AM
I would quite like the idea of Altair coming back but it's highly unlikely.

SWJS
11-07-2010, 09:13 AM
lol, The Apple is a piece of ancient technology created to control minds and hold infinite knowledge, not some sort of magical artifact. It can't grant anyone immortality. Just ask Those Who Came Before.

Kakashi590
11-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
lol, The Apple is a piece of ancient technology created to control minds and hold infinite knowledge, not some sort of magical artifact. It can't grant anyone immortality. Just ask Those Who Came Before. I would but they're all dead lol

DRskiTTlets4528
11-07-2010, 04:04 PM
that would kinda make the game ridiculous, and besides it says extend his life not make him immortal

piercedthrough
11-07-2010, 05:07 PM
lol and the apple doesnt really cure you of all the infirmities and bodily defects that come along with old age, so even if it made Altair immortal he wouldnt be jumping from rooftops...maybe hed just be wheeled in by someone...waving a sword threateningly or something http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif lol

MT4K
11-07-2010, 05:10 PM
i think i found Altair

http://www.chumpysclipart.com/images/illustrations/xsmall2/3636_picture_of_an_angry_old_man_waving_his_cane.j pg

Iskander_Estel
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
maybe Altair or Ezio can talk to Desmond with some help from the apple. kind of what Minerva did.

Assassin_M
11-08-2010, 08:06 AM
oh oh i know..

(talks in epic sense)
while taking one last look into the apple,as he mentioned in his codex, Altair was absorbed into the Apple, he screamed for help but alas no one had heard him.... Thus he lives in there for the rest of eternity....

Blackglasswar
11-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by MT4K:
i think i found Altair

http://www.chumpysclipart.com/images/illustrations/xsmall2/3636_picture_of_an_angry_old_man_waving_his_cane.j pg

Damn you are right... oh wait... just noticed that he is missing a finger on both hands so is an assassin post-Ezio that didn't remember to keeep them clear of the double blades. No-wonder he looks ****ed!

Shadowchsr79
11-08-2010, 04:08 PM
If Altair was ever to return, I think it would mostly be in memory flashbacks like what Desmond Experienced in ACII. Even if the apple was capable of extending a person's life, Altair was at the end of his when he was pondering if it could do such a thing. So in my humble opinion, if he managed to extend his life, I doubt he would have been able to do so for centuries. I do wish to find out more of Altair's life after he took over the brotherhood. Those pages of the codex showed a very changed man from the arrogant and careless person he was in ACI. After what they have shown with Ezio, I'd also just like to see a real expansion on Altair even if it's only through flashbacks. It seemed like if nothing else he had his family invovled in the fight against Atilla the Hun. I think there is much still unwritten there but as Ezio is the more popular character, he's the only one to get a continuation.

piercedthrough
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Shadowchsr79:
If Altair was ever to return, I think it would mostly be in memory flashbacks like what Desmond Experienced in ACII. Even if the apple was capable of extending a person's life, Altair was at the end of his when he was pondering if it could do such a thing. So in my humble opinion, if he managed to extend his life, I doubt he would have been able to do so for centuries. I do wish to find out more of Altair's life after he took over the brotherhood. Those pages of the codex showed a very changed man from the arrogant and careless person he was in ACI. After what they have shown with Ezio, I'd also just like to see a real expansion on Altair even if it's only through flashbacks. It seemed like if nothing else he had his family invovled in the fight against Atilla the Hun. I think there is much still unwritten there but as Ezio is the more popular character, he's the only one to get a continuation.
Yeah, well, after AC2 it's not like they could go back and give Altair more time. But I like your thoughts on the subject...profound

ninja_7_7
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
This is the saying that can let anything happen. NOTHING IS TRUE; EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Shadowchsr79:

Lost Legacy may answer a few questions. It'll have Ezio exploring the Assassin's former home in Masyaf.