PDA

View Full Version : Ships and such?

JackoftheNight
01-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Is there any speculation about new ships in later patches?

FF_Trozaka
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
yes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

goshikisen
01-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Speculation... Yes. Concrete answers... No.

I've been maintaining a ships thread over in ORR for months now but have yet to receive any real information on any additional ships. We've seen screenshots of SaQSoN's Yorktown but have been told that copyright issues prevent its inclusion. Other than that... not much.

Regards, Goshikisen.

JackoftheNight
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
It just bothers me to no end that comapnies still cling to copy rights on a 60 year old peice of military hardware.....It's not like we are trying to build a life size replica and re-enact the war in the Pacific.....hey thats not a bad idea!

MoritzJGOne
01-28-2005, 06:04 PM
I thinke Ubi Soft ought to call Northrop's bluff on the Yorktown CV's. The only CV that is trademarked, filed and on the Trademarks web sight, in Enterprise. And there, they do not specify CV6 or CVN 65.

I hope that UBI did not do the French thing and capitulate (sign their own rigths away) to Northrop without reviewing the facts.

cwojackson
01-29-2005, 04:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JackoftheNight:
Is there any speculation about new ships in later patches? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think they're modeling some of the older British Battlecruisers, perhaps some Flower Class corvetes, possibly some U-Boats.

strewth
01-29-2005, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by goshikisen:
Speculation... Yes. Concrete answers... No.

I've been maintaining a ships thread over in ORR for months now but have yet to receive any real information on any additional ships. We've seen screenshots of SaQSoN's Yorktown but have been told that copyright issues prevent its inclusion. Other than that... not much.

Regards, Goshikisen. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't we have a Bjorksville with the tower 30cm closer to the bow or something like that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

CaptJodan
01-29-2005, 07:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JackoftheNight:
Is there any speculation about new ships in later patches? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think they're modeling some of the older British Battlecruisers, perhaps some Flower Class corvetes, possibly some U-Boats. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. God forbid we have American Battleships at Pearl Harbor, or Japanese cruisers AND battleships defending their fleet. That would be too historically correct.

darkhorizon11
01-30-2005, 01:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CaptJodan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
Is there any speculation about new ships in later patches? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think they're modeling some of the older British Battlecruisers, perhaps some Flower Class corvetes, possibly some U-Boats. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greed is a powerful force. Ironically, it was the same type of greed that helped started WWII in the first place.

Yes. God forbid we have American Battleships at Pearl Harbor, or Japanese cruisers AND battleships defending their fleet. That would be too historically correct. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sapre
01-30-2005, 02:23 AM
It's not like we are trying to build a life size replica and re-enact the war in the Pacific.....hey thats not a bad idea! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
rofl http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif