PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

trident42
01-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Was just wondering if the game models proper weather effects, such as more chance of poor weather in the stormy seasons or better weather around seas that are warm such as the carabbean (barring hurricanes). I'm getting some **** weather at the moment in my recent patrols. maybe i can try elsewhere.

I'm running IUB 1.02 and my patrol zones have been more around the DH area of the map, it is also in December 1940.

Sorry if this has been asked before but i can't find anything in the search function to answer my question.

Cheers, good hunting

Blue_Ninja63
01-27-2006, 05:18 PM
I run IUB102 as well and it's been my experience that weather depends on the time of year and where you are in the world.

AO1_AW_SW_USN
01-27-2006, 06:26 PM
I spent 12 years in the US Navy. During my time at sea, I've only seen the weather turn nasty twice.

The first time: Southern Australia on route from Perth to Hobart in April (Antarctic storm)

The second time: Emergency sortie out of Singapore because of a Category 3 Typhoon was bearing down on us.

Otherwise it sea was smooth. But that was the Pacific Ocean. The Atlantic is a different story and I never had the chance to sail those waters... but I doubt that it was overcast with heavy precipitation and fog with winds 15 meters per second for 75% of the time!

I believe that the weather effects in the game are random. Your patrols always seem to start off at clear with light fog and winds at 5 meters per second. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

wessenhammer
01-28-2006, 08:33 AM
I've found that early in the war you can patrol around in bad weather, mid 1942 which i'm at now seems like you get jumped by asw ships out of nowhere so now I just stay submerged till at least the fog clears which seems to be 2-3 days at the longest, while doing so I just ck for sound contacts every 30 mins especially if near a shipping lane I've descovered 3 convoys that way unannouced by BDu and was able to sink an aircraft carrier that way.