PDA

View Full Version : Foul Language

soron
04-19-2010, 12:25 AM
I wanted to get PC gamers to weigh in on this; it has been discussed on the console version of this forum.

Personally I would love a profanity filter and audio control over enemy AI voices. I'm not a preteen that want to hear fart jokes and dirty words every other word.

To me this is childish and just turns me off to the game; also I would like to be able to play this game with another person in the room with out feeling embraced by a dozen load simultaneous f words spewing from the speakers.

AUNT__J3MIMA
04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
how to vote when we do not know what is in the game

soron
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Limerick_:
how to vote when we do not know what is in the game Its a port of the 360 version; you could just watch a live stream video and know whats in the game or just find a friend with an Xbox 360 and the game.

Knot3D
04-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Having a filter would be a really good thing, although personally I'm ok with the profanities ingame.

Vampire28
04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Don't see why anyone would be against a filter, it's all up to you then.

Doesn't really bother me personally though. I always game with headphones, so no one around to offend.

TheStranger.
04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
As has been already discussed, it isn't the fact that there is profanity it is the fact that it is just plain pointless and obsessive profanity. Shutting it off won't make the game suck any less in my opinion. Although a swear filter would be better than nothing i suppose.

too_l8
04-19-2010, 03:52 PM
well.... some people like it and some people dont... its taste... ubi could do a patch that blocs all bad words, so who doesnt like it he can block it.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Riprie1
04-20-2010, 12:16 AM
You must hate playing Kane and Lynch than. That game has f bombs every now and than. It's like a conjunction in the almost every sentence. Which is one of the reasons I like that game makes it look more mature and lifelike.

Skynxnex
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM
No leave it as it is.You know what you're buying, it's 18+. If you're worried about the kids keep them away from the computer, or wear headphones.

DuckOnBike
04-25-2010, 09:21 AM
You know, I don't think you're going to find too many fart jokes in this one...

cheezburgah
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Splinter Cell Conviction is rated MA15 in Australia which means any teen can pick up this game in there local store and be f bombed out of there mind. Filter would be nice as parents won't be pleased.

Dread_stunlock
05-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah I gotta admit even though foul language is drasticly realistic no sarcasm I tottaly serious in games it should be a nono first look at a kid? 12 years old? looking at sam fisher who he admires? daddy hears assPEEP, YOU ARE NOT PLAYING THIS GAME AND TAHT FINAL! Kids heart is broken...Ubi please? Filter? Ty

SubGum
05-04-2010, 03:53 PM
The "f word" seems to be sneaking into video games all over the place. It gets really annoying to me too.
It's a product of really lazy writing if you ask me.

YurikArkady
05-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by cheezburgah:
Splinter Cell Conviction is rated MA15 in Australia which means any teen can pick up this game in there local store and be f bombed out of there mind. Filter would be nice as parents won't be pleased.

While that maybe true, it's because of Australias poor rating system.

darkzero7
05-04-2010, 04:48 PM
I dont mind all the foul language, and to be fair I find it reasonable that they'd curse so much. The only reason why I think the game needs a language filter is because its always a better idea to err on the side of caution and be sure to accommodate those who could be offended.

Gamer-41
05-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by darkzero7:
The only reason why I think the game needs a language filter is because its always a better idea to err on the side of caution and be sure to accommodate those who could be offended.

Its this kinda thinking that gets this political correctness **** started.Being aftaid to say anything on the account of offending someone.Give me a break.

Parogar
05-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Much like Sam Fisher must occasionally holster his weapons, many of you need to holster your ******'s. It's just words, deal with it, or hide under a rock. The real childish people are the ones who actually get offended by profanity, which, by the way is ONLY profane because people have said it is so. The only thing that makes any word profane is a general consensus of people saying "HMM... let's make THAT word bad" Only fools fall for this...

Dude_Incognito
05-04-2010, 05:54 PM
The language itself isn't what bothers me, it's the fact that the NPCs never shut up.

It's still lazy writing, but I could put up with every other word being profanity if the bad guys didn't spend 90% of their time taunting Fisher. It's pointless, annoying, and unrealistic.

YurikArkady
05-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Dude_Incognito:
if the bad guys didn't spend 90% of their time taunting Fisher. It's pointless, annoying, and unrealistic.

What do you mean unrealistic?

Lots of users have spent 90% of their time taunting Ubisoft. It's pointless, annoying but it's happening so obviously it's realistic.

dontos
05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
These are supposed to be criminals and criminals use a lot of profanity. An option in the settings wouldn't hurt though.

GUInterface
05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
My only issue is how often enemies repeat the same things in the span of 10 seconds:

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID AT THE AIRFIELD FISHER
OH SH** F*** YOU FISHER MOTHERFU****
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID AT THE AIRFIELD FISHER
OH SH** F*** YOU FISHER MOTHERFU****.

Yes, I know Sam Fisher killed your buddy/buddies at the airfield then went to your mother's house and had sexual relationships with her, no need to remind me about it twenty times per minute.

darkzero7
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I find the 'He must be KIA' line to be particularly abrasive for some reason They'll yell it even if they never fired a shot but heard someone die.

YurikArkady
05-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by darkzero7:
I find the 'He must be KIA' line to be particularly abrasive for some reason They'll yell it even if they never fired a shot but heard someone die.

Fisher tripped on something, fell down some stairs.

Ashrien
05-04-2010, 09:52 PM
I think it's a little odd people are moaning about profanity in a game that's centered around a personal vendetta involving guns, grenades and hand-to-hand neck-breaking.

People need to get their priorities straight, seriously.

Game's use of profanity falls well within "too little, too much" bounds in my opinion.