PDA

View Full Version : FB-gold has THREE disks-DUH; 4 calls to ubi tech, 4 posts later

Enforcer572005
04-27-2005, 10:17 PM
well, I know I'm outing myself again, but if you check my agonizing thread on the help forum, you will see (after you laugh till you barf) something I had not seen before, and that has apparently happened before to those of us marginally brain-celled endowed or born when Ike was president.

I had no idea FB-Gold had 3 blasted disks in it...when i loade the 2cd disk, there was no prompting (that i saw) for a third disk, and there was nothing obvious in the documentation.
I just didnt see that thing. If not for these forums, I'd be driving the tech guys at ubi nuts for the next week-called them 4 times today (3 guys), and they were all convinced it needed another rts.dll file to run PF in a merged install.

Now where this gets crazy (or I get stupid) is fact that this thing ran great on 2 disks being installed, and on disk 2 being in the cd (I still dunno which one you use).

I didnt have problems till I loaded PF into it. then nothing would work, and I kept getting a window that said I had the wrong "volume" installed, but it said to insert disk 1! then I couldnt get my win xp in my new puter to restart, turn off, respond, etc. man I was going nuts (short trip), till This was pointed out to me on the help forum. Thank god for this place, as the very helpful tech guys (who sent me an rts file thinking it was the problem) never thought of this, and one of them told me he was pretty sure FB-gold had all the patches.
apparently not.

I was wondering where the maps and the Mistel, 163, b17,p80 etc were (strangely I did see the P51).

The thing ran really well with only 2/3 of it installed. And it only took me 4 days to discover this. I wondered, considering that 1C stuff always worked so well-hadnt had this much trouble since the frustrating, masochistic CFS2.
Maybe this will help someone else from feeling stupid, but there should be some more indicators about this "hidden" 3rd disk (Ill use my eyesight as an excuse). the thread on the help forum has a bit more detail, and is good for a laugh probably.

Enforcer572005
04-27-2005, 10:17 PM
well, I know I'm outing myself again, but if you check my agonizing thread on the help forum, you will see (after you laugh till you barf) something I had not seen before, and that has apparently happened before to those of us marginally brain-celled endowed or born when Ike was president.

I had no idea FB-Gold had 3 blasted disks in it...when i loade the 2cd disk, there was no prompting (that i saw) for a third disk, and there was nothing obvious in the documentation.
I just didnt see that thing. If not for these forums, I'd be driving the tech guys at ubi nuts for the next week-called them 4 times today (3 guys), and they were all convinced it needed another rts.dll file to run PF in a merged install.

Now where this gets crazy (or I get stupid) is fact that this thing ran great on 2 disks being installed, and on disk 2 being in the cd (I still dunno which one you use).

I didnt have problems till I loaded PF into it. then nothing would work, and I kept getting a window that said I had the wrong "volume" installed, but it said to insert disk 1! then I couldnt get my win xp in my new puter to restart, turn off, respond, etc. man I was going nuts (short trip), till This was pointed out to me on the help forum. Thank god for this place, as the very helpful tech guys (who sent me an rts file thinking it was the problem) never thought of this, and one of them told me he was pretty sure FB-gold had all the patches.
apparently not.

I was wondering where the maps and the Mistel, 163, b17,p80 etc were (strangely I did see the P51).

The thing ran really well with only 2/3 of it installed. And it only took me 4 days to discover this. I wondered, considering that 1C stuff always worked so well-hadnt had this much trouble since the frustrating, masochistic CFS2.
Maybe this will help someone else from feeling stupid, but there should be some more indicators about this "hidden" 3rd disk (Ill use my eyesight as an excuse). the thread on the help forum has a bit more detail, and is good for a laugh probably.

Tooz_69GIAP
04-28-2005, 05:34 AM
Well, I'm guessing disks 1 & 2 were FB up to ver 1.22 (which had the P-51 in it), and the 3rd disk was AEP.

You live and ye learn!!!

CAPT_COTTON
04-28-2005, 11:07 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif
Hummmmmm disk problems??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Udidtoo
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
If it helps your brused ego any you are far from being the 1st person to make that mistake. Another common one is people trying to play the Combined AEP/PF from disc 1.

The very act of openly admitting you made a mistake moves you into a small catagory indeed. A high% of regulers here have never made a mistake......about anything........ever. Ask them, they will be happy to tell you so. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif