PDA

View Full Version : Oleg can we get real looking glycol leaks and radiator damage?

jurinko
05-26-2005, 07:27 AM
WWII guncamera videos show the leaking glycol not to by a shy thin veil but pretty dense white-ish smoke. Is it a big problem to a) model the glycol radiators to be vulnerable (just like IL-2 has vulnerable oil cooler - wing radiators in 109/Spitfires, belly radiators in Yaks/LaGGs/P-51) and b) to model the leaking glycol like the existing black smoke, but in white color.

73GIAP_Milan
05-26-2005, 11:46 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif for all planes concerned please..

( of course not like microsoft did with cfs1 and cfs2 by also giving radial engines a "coolant" entry and damage-effect in their damageprofiles)

Fennec_P
05-26-2005, 11:56 PM
It probably would be hard, since none of the planes currently has damagable radiators, and it would have be added to all of them.

You can probably count on this for BoB. Oleg said it will include many more damage-able items in the plane. I wish I could still find the post, but I think he said things like ammo, coolant system, tire pnematics (Olegish for deflating?) and more complex fuel damage (seperate tanks).