PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Combat/weapon ideas (no story/location)

nice_cape
03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
- Thought the knife was pretty useless in AC2. They should either allow you to fight with 1 in each hand or scrap it and give a carrying slot to one of the two-handed/long weapons.

- Add a running attack with the sword (stab or big swing)

- Add a few combos or special attacks with the larger weapons

- Notoriety should only increase if someone sees you kill, not how you kill

- I thought the counter attacks were sweet

jimbo11235813
03-21-2010, 12:55 PM
The only one I'd disagree with would be running attacks. IMO it would make the game easier and would look very unrealistic.

One thing I would add (or modify) would be that notoriety should affect how the guards look at you (e.g. depending on how notorious you are, the rate of detection should vary), as well as the your suggestion.

AMuppetMatt
03-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Agree, the way in which you kill someone should not effect the notoriety... that did annoy me.

This is slightly off topic from me, but wouldn't it be a good idea for notoriety to go up every time guards and civilians see dead bodies? As we can now pick them up, it would make sense that we can move them out of the line of sight of guards. Notoriety will then go up because the bodies' are public knowledge and in the public eye... but it shouldn't go up by much with this, otherwise you'll end up being notorious most of the time.

I also think notoriety should vary slightly from district to district, so if, for example, you were fully notorious in one district, and you move to a neighboring district, it should be, for example, half way to notorious. Don't make the disctricts completely seperate from each other, but have them so that actions in one effect the others.

Finally, it should be way, way, way harder to get notoriety down, and only slightly harder to get it up. Killing about 15 guards in high profile before ripping down 4 posters is a little bit... rediculuous?

(oh, posters should be on ground level in the streets... not in the heavens)

adarwinter
03-21-2010, 03:15 PM
for me the fact that u can hold BLOCK and be invulnerable ruins combat.
in AC1 guards could still do defense breaks but in AC2 they cant.

* so bring back the defense break and make guards use if often. if u hold block for more than 2 seconds they should start using it.

* i would also bring back the power attacks with swords (and mases) like in AC1. why did they go?
a power attack should go through blocks and do damage. it's another way to make blocking enemies vulnerable.

* with the two suggestions above i would make enemies block (deflect) more.

* when u get countered i'd make it take out half a health diamond. this way the rare occasion of being counteredd might have some affect on ezio. right now there is NO difference between being countered and being blocked. it's its all the same than what's the point?

* make the counter window for swords\maces smaller. it's too easy to counter IMO.

* make enemies attack when ezio is in mid-combo. right now u can spam the attack button andd get away with it easily.

* now only brutes have power attack. only agiles dodge. only normal guards counter. what is this?! why was the challenge thinned and spread so much? make every AI be able to do everything while the frequency is what separates novice guards from elite!

* stop making the health regenerate! the last diamond keeps coming back and with no way to break ezio's defense u can just hold "block" until it regenerates and never die. ugh.

* make it so u can't block with fists and hidden blade, or at least take just a lil bit of damage when u block with them as apposed to normal damage when u dont block. this will make fighting with these "techniques" harder. but that's not THAT necessary as the other things i brough forth, which are crucial for a balanced combat system.

as is, the combat system is unbalanced, too easy, button mashing shenanigans. it needs to even up. be balanced.

nice_cape
03-21-2010, 04:50 PM
I also think being able to customize a sword would be nice. I'm a visual nit so it annoyed me when an ugly looking sword was superior to a cool looking one.

A grappling hook would be cool too. A realistic one, not like Just Cause 2 or anything.

monkeyuncle8
03-21-2010, 05:01 PM
I hated how with natority I could kill like 4 guards and not gain any, but when I pick someones pocket it is like a federal crime

indycolts2988
03-21-2010, 08:50 PM
i think they should bring the power slash thing with the sword back from AC1. also, correct me if im wrong, in AC2, you could at least get hit from behind if you are blocking but in AC1, the only way you get hit is when they break your block, right?

i also liked the throwing knife/short blade combo thing in AC1 as well.

Black_Widow9
03-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Please continue to post here regarding all AC3 Topics-
Assassin's Creed 3 and beyond (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic closed</span>