PDA

View Full Version : Kill credit

Mulleteer
02-15-2005, 01:37 AM
When I manage to hit the bandit so badly that he has to disengage I usually never follow. Learned by hard way that smoking plane attracts people like moths to the flame. If I don't get shot down by my own the prolonged chase would just make me vulnerable.

Of course by this way I don't usually get the kill as somebody always hunts him down or rams him. However, I noticed that quite often when the bandit manages to succesfully land I get the kill credit. Is there some kind of threshold that if you do enough damage you get the kill even when he manages to RTB?

Mulleteer
02-15-2005, 01:37 AM
When I manage to hit the bandit so badly that he has to disengage I usually never follow. Learned by hard way that smoking plane attracts people like moths to the flame. If I don't get shot down by my own the prolonged chase would just make me vulnerable.

Of course by this way I don't usually get the kill as somebody always hunts him down or rams him. However, I noticed that quite often when the bandit manages to succesfully land I get the kill credit. Is there some kind of threshold that if you do enough damage you get the kill even when he manages to RTB?

Fehler
02-15-2005, 02:04 AM
The scoring system in this game is seriously lacking.

I have seen people shoot at aircraft parts of an exploded airplane and get kill credit. (These people are bottom feeders for sure!)

I have also seen and myself landed safely to be notified that someone has received kill credit. This is VERY frustrating, especially when you make such an effort to land a battle damaged plane, or even make a successful dead stick landing to find out the game does not credit you for your efforts, and the plane is considered "Lost."

If you can figure out a method to the scoring madness (Which in my opinion borders on MOSS-Mystic Order of Secret $hit), then please tell me and the rest of the community about it.

Until then, I suppose we are forced to be happy with things the way they are... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

KGr.HH-Sunburst
02-15-2005, 05:17 AM
yup the score system is rediculous for sure
things like:

-landing a plane perfectly fine without the engine running,i.e damaged or out of fuel and you get no or little points and the game says you crashed or crash landed

-No kill awarded by the game when shooting down a plane when he explodes on the ground or when there is lag or something.
chat says you destroyed an aircraft but you get no "enemy aircraft destroyed message" thus no points

-some dumbnut flying into you ripping his own wing of and crashes and you get a friendly kill and -300 points.

i can go on and on about it but the basic line is dont point ***** with this game
a good score is always nice but it tells us nothing IMO

AlGroover
02-15-2005, 05:44 AM
Sounds very realistic to me. Ooooooh how cynical.

tigertalon
02-15-2005, 05:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mulleteer:

Of course by this way I don't usually get the kill as somebody always hunts him down or rams him. However, I noticed that quite often when the bandit manages to succesfully land I get the kill credit. Is there some kind of threshold that if you do enough damage you get the kill even when he manages to RTB? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few times happened to me that I landed shot up like hell, and it was OK, nobody got credit for me. On the other hand: if you make bumpy landing and bent your propellor, but otherwise plane is intact, it is considered as crash-landing...

Aces_High_2
02-15-2005, 06:24 AM
Quote:

If you can figure out a method to the scoring madness (Which in my opinion borders on MOSS-Mystic Order of Secret $hit), then please tell me and the rest of the community about it.

End Quote

ROTFLMAO Fehler, made my day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers

Aces

JG54_Arnie
02-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Hmm, to me it seems that landing damaged aircraft has improved in the last few patches somewhere. If you had an emtpy tank before PF or run out of fuel with the FW and then perfectly land it used to give a crashlanding and 10 points for every kill. Now you can even land a plane upside down and get the 100 points, no problem.. so it seems to be overcorrected at the moment.
And kills show up in the text, but without the enemy aicraft destroyed popping up when someone crashes near an airbase. Or something.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-15-2005, 07:38 AM
It's definitely frustrating to work hard on a bandit and have him smoking and both of you low "E". You disengage to regain altitude and see a friendly screaming in on the smoker that probably has his controls or even engine shot out.

I've tried to tell others to leave a severely wounded He111 alone as both his engines were out, he was leaking fluids and was deep in enemy turf. His effectiveness is finished and the friendly targets protected. Those gunners are still firing and lethal. It's suicidal as well as kill-stealing.

Bottom line is: Yes, it's frustrating, but no matter what it's gonna happen...apparently.

F19_Ob
02-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Well those things just happens sometimes, but
one thing is absolutely clear to me. Some people
"need" kills badly and it doesnt matter if the plane is already burning or lack wings .

There is something very heartbreaking with such individuals. They display their shortcommings and admitting their lack of decency, sportmanship and sense of honor so openly that it shouldnt really provoke anger.

Even if this is just a game one can assume that the poor behavior is deeply rooted in the personality and just is beyond shame and care for others. There cant be much real fun in the long run for them.

I just feel so fortunate that I dont belong to that crowd and have several decent mates. From there it only can go positive.

A few thoughts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Mulleteer
02-15-2005, 10:36 AM
I don't care about "kill stealers" as I don't ever look much on to scores. It's just irritating that 3 of theses guys may hunt single smoking bandit and ignore friendly who has bandit on his tail.

It would be nice change to the credit system that it would follow the old saying "Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing". So as long you land on friendly base and you're alive then no credit for attacker. The plane could be of course written off on servers with mission/target.

SlickStick
02-15-2005, 10:52 AM
One thing to always remember, if the attacker who damaged you is still alive or you ran out of fuel, bail after the "crash landing" to receive at least the 70% version of points.

If the attacker is killed before you land, land as normal and just hit refly for full points, providing no one else or AAA hit you.

One point brought up by GK, if you ding your prop in a hurried landing, as it's rolling to a stop, keep hitting ESC and as soon as Refly is available, click it and you'll get full points.

Also, in PF you can crash on the deck or one of those portable landing strips, rip your gear off, mangle your prop what have you, but if you were undamaged prior to landing, you'll also get full points, unlike AEP, as long as you don't exit the plane.

Just a few observations of mine about the "interesting" scoring in this series.

edit: Of mine and others as mentioned above. I might have even seen Coastie post about the PF landings. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif