PDA

View Full Version : New effect in the patch.

darkhorizon11
02-21-2006, 02:08 PM
In all the 4.0 patches thus far Oleg has stated that there have been many modifications and tweaks made that aren't in the readme.

Well theres one I noticed last night when flying and I really liked. At least I just noticed it...

Last night I was tooling around in QMB and I started a dogfight of 8 P-47D-22 which I was flying vs. 12 Macchi Series XIII? I think it was (I always like to play out numbered).

Anyways I played a few rounds and I was doing good, and in one of the rounds I shot down a few but eventually took cannon fire in the tail and lost elevator control, I tried to keep going but face planted my 47 into the dirt. But instead of the ussually arcady breaking up of major components and then, them fly thorough th air. The plane basically stayed together and like I said, faceplanted! The ailerons broke off partially and seemlingly hung from the wing.
The prop flew off and the tail snapped off, but the fuselage and wings actually stuck in the ground like it probably would IRL.

I can't remember the airspeed when I hit, but it was pretty fast, enough to like I said, kill the pilot and wreck the plane, but not completely disentegrate it.

Has anyone else noticed this "new" effect or any other aircraft this works with. I don't have a track but I do have a screenie I can email out to anyone whos interested.

Thanks.

darkhorizon11
02-21-2006, 02:08 PM
In all the 4.0 patches thus far Oleg has stated that there have been many modifications and tweaks made that aren't in the readme.

Well theres one I noticed last night when flying and I really liked. At least I just noticed it...

Last night I was tooling around in QMB and I started a dogfight of 8 P-47D-22 which I was flying vs. 12 Macchi Series XIII? I think it was (I always like to play out numbered).

Anyways I played a few rounds and I was doing good, and in one of the rounds I shot down a few but eventually took cannon fire in the tail and lost elevator control, I tried to keep going but face planted my 47 into the dirt. But instead of the ussually arcady breaking up of major components and then, them fly thorough th air. The plane basically stayed together and like I said, faceplanted! The ailerons broke off partially and seemlingly hung from the wing.
The prop flew off and the tail snapped off, but the fuselage and wings actually stuck in the ground like it probably would IRL.

I can't remember the airspeed when I hit, but it was pretty fast, enough to like I said, kill the pilot and wreck the plane, but not completely disentegrate it.

Has anyone else noticed this "new" effect or any other aircraft this works with. I don't have a track but I do have a screenie I can email out to anyone whos interested.

Thanks.

BirdieNum-nums
02-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I`ve been hearing the same thing lately, in the likes of... lawn-darted into the ground and such. Haven't experienced it myself yet, but will keep an eye out. Sounds like fun!

Cheers,
Birdie Num-nums

P.S. Why not post your screenie here? Upload it to www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com) after you've registered and then copy your url location of the screenshot and then copy into this thread by putting the url location by cliking on the little icon to the right of the letter icon in the new post window. Whew! Ah.. phooey.. here you go.. a picture is worth a thousand words...
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f146/wyandotteboy/hint.jpg

Skycat_2
02-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Last night I noticed a white vapor plume coming off of a smashed locomotive and white plumes in the center of a wrecked factory. This was at my Mosquito flight's assigned target in a NWE DGen bombing mission and I saw it after the bombs were dropped. I've never seen that effect before.

badaboom.1
02-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Not sure if this one is new or not but I was flying QMB in the pacific islands & got low along the shore line.I noticed the white water there was going in and out along the shore just like the real surf.....pretty cool! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dunkelgrun
02-21-2006, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by badaboom.1:
Not sure if this one is new or not but I was flying QMB in the pacific islands & got low along the shore line.I noticed the white water there was going in and out along the shore just like the real surf.....pretty cool! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Afraid that that's been there for ever. I still remember being amazed the first time I saw it.

Cheers!

han freak solo
02-22-2006, 07:45 AM
I've done it once in the Aichi D3A Val a couple of patches back. It was at a slower speed after some "stall practice".

I've never been lucky enough to do it in any other AC in this game.

Lodovik
02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
I think that some details have been added to the damage model. Just the other day my Val got shredded by AAA and was leaking fuel and oil, and lost elevator control. I managed to keep steady and closed the throtle to 50% for ditching.
I also tried to turn down the propeller pitch to 50% as I usually do in such an emergency. Nothing happened. Tried again and nothing. For a moment thought that I'd lost the key map in the HOTAS, so punched the assigned key in the keyboard, still no dice. managed to land semi-level using a combination of elevator trim and flapping with landing flaps. I punched re-fly and checked the pitch control on respawn to find it working properly again. Nice touch I think.

VW-IceFire
02-22-2006, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lodovik:
I think that some details have been added to the damage model. Just the other day my Val got shredded by AAA and was leaking fuel and oil, and lost elevator control. I managed to keep steady and closed the throtle to 50% for ditching.
I also tried to turn down the propeller pitch to 50% as I usually do in such an emergency. Nothing happened. Tried again and nothing. For a moment thought that I'd lost the key map in the HOTAS, so punched the assigned key in the keyboard, still no dice. managed to land semi-level using a combination of elevator trim and flapping with landing flaps. I punched re-fly and checked the pitch control on respawn to find it working properly again. Nice touch I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We've had that since AEP...it just is rarely noticed.

SeaFireLIV
02-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Nice to see you got ya Tempest, icefire. Good stuff! Patience is a virtue. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif