PDA

View Full Version : Joystick is making me cry

Adster_19
12-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Have received a Cyborg FLY 5 for Christmas and have been trying to make it work! I managed to make everything work and recognised on the joystick other than the actual moving joystick part :/

I have been trying everything to make it work and nothing seems to happen, also whenever I restart I have to go back on the cyborg menu to make the other controls work.
Please can anyone help :|

ytareh
12-26-2011, 03:07 AM
In my experience manufacturers own software is rarely worth the trouble and you're far better just using the in game configuration system. You can access this by pressing escape key ESC when flying a mission . Then you just click on the command you want to change with your mouse ( right hand side I think) and then press the button OR AXIS ( eg joystick forward / backwards movement for PITCH - If this ends up being ' backwards ' just reset and move stick in opposite direction this time) Good luck. Oh and get Track IR ASAP , it's mind blowingly good ( secondhand on EBay for 50-75 of most major currencies but well worth spending 150 on the latest version new )

PS Your stick is basically a Saitek Cyborg one which I never liked mainly due to featherlight base, weak spring and non anatomical handle . I used Logitech Exteeme 3 d Pro for best part of a decade and loved it but my new love is Thrustmaster T16000m. Both these are cheap , super expensive sticks are NOT worth the cost .

Sillius_Sodus
12-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi ytareh,

I've been using a Cyborg Evo for the past several years and find it quite comfortable once you make appropriate adjustments to the various screws on the stick.

That said, there are some sticks that are more comfortable right out of the box. It's too bad Logitech didn't make a better product in its Wingman line of sticks as they were very comfortable to use but lost precision after only a few months of use.

deskpilot
12-28-2011, 11:06 AM
+1 regarding joystick software. I have owned numerous joysticks and have never got the software that came with them to do anything except render the stick unusable. See if the stick will work without it and use the in-game configuration options if you can. Good luck.

Aviar
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Regarding the negative comments about 'joystick software', I guess you guys have never tried CH products? Their hardware and software as well as customer support are top notch.

http://www.chproducts.com/retail/index.html
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/

Aviar

deskpilot
12-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Actually I have stick, pedals and throttle by Ch and I totally agree, they rock. I've had to re- wire all of them to use USB and have never used any CH software, just set them up using the windows and IL2 settings. If you can afford brand new Ch or get them second hand or even get some old gameport versions and fancy a bit of soldering I would go with them every time. glad to hear the software works well. You will find lots of posts about different people's favourite brand of joystick etc if you search these forums. Hopefully though you will get your current kit up and running ok.

Tully__
12-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Joystick axis assignments have to be made all the way at the bottom of the control screen in the HOTAS CONTROL section. If you try to assign the axes in the keyboard section near the top, nothing happens.

Saitek's SST software works fine for me and has ever since they finally caught up to WinXP about 2004/5. It's not as flexible as CH software but is still pretty good.