PDA

View Full Version : How do I change Skins in the FMB?

frapeforte1
02-12-2005, 06:59 PM
It seems that my Mustang can only have one skin in the FMB. It is the wone with the Candy striped tail. I want to change the skin. No matter what I do it is always the same. Is there something that I am missing?

frapeforte1
02-12-2005, 06:59 PM
It seems that my Mustang can only have one skin in the FMB. It is the wone with the Candy striped tail. I want to change the skin. No matter what I do it is always the same. Is there something that I am missing?

icrash
02-12-2005, 07:09 PM
1) Make sure there are other 'Stangs in the correct folder & that they are the right file size.
2)There is a way to change it when building the mission for each plane (unless it is static and only thte defaults work). I believe it is under the properties tab but my big computer is whacked so I can't run through it and tell you for sure.
3)When all else fails, you can change it under the arming of your plane before you start the mission. It is on the sreen where you set weapon convergence, bomb/rocket delay, pilot skin & nose art (if available). Hope this helps, if not ask over in the mission builder forum.

LEXX_Luthor
02-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Yes, AI planes can be assigned skins while you work in FMB. Player plane cannot.

The game (both FMB and QMB) remembers what skin you last flew with for a particular plane (skin file names are in a text file somewhere--forgot which one). Change player skin in the Arming screen you see when you click RUN in FMB. Beware that when you use keyboard shortcut to start FMB mission you bypass the Arming screen (another tip, if you tire of trying to get the mouse onto the Fly button in the Arming screen, hitting ENTER does the same thing and loads the mission).

HotelBushranger
02-12-2005, 10:45 PM
With AI, you can change the skins in the View Objects window, and then go to their plane. For you, if planning for more than one person, equip the flyable planes with skins, and yours. When you fly alone, go to arming and change it there.