PDA

View Full Version : Converting cities.

howmanymegs
09-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Hi all. Many apologies if this is being discussed elsewhere. But did I read somewhere that cities can be converted after you conquer them? Like, if you are haven and you capture inferno, you can make it haven? Like whoa. I'm not sure if I can get my head around that. Is that true?

Hey, it says it in the Kotaku preview. http://kotaku.com/5616648/migh...es-vi-might-be-magic (http://kotaku.com/5616648/might-and-magic-heroes-vi-might-be-magic)

I liked the fact that I had to choose which creatures to take from various factions in my army and that mixing troops could cause morale failure etc.

MillionVoices
09-15-2010, 12:02 PM
I`ve read that as well - somewhere - so it should be true. ^^
If it`s good or - that`s sth we`ll c, just like the game itself.
Maybe there`s an open beta, so we (all) can find out so many things....

znork
09-15-2010, 01:12 PM
this is confirmed

mcgslo
09-16-2010, 02:01 AM
I somewhat agree with this... this would mean that in multiplayer mode if one player captures second castle... he would then get x2 his army size (dont know if dwelings are affected in all towns in this case)... and if another player/s dont capture their own secondary town its automatic win for the first player who captures his secondary castle and have x2 creature growth. At least it was the case of all other heroes. ... Even if you had to build from scratch it could be a problem...

...in 1 month he would have e.g. 12 angels instead of 6... so question is how will devs deal with this...

dchalfont
09-23-2010, 10:48 AM
I think this is a great addition.

It has always been beneficial for moral reasons to keep unit factions separate, and in many cases people that have additional heroes use units from the non-player faction castles.

What it does mean however is that additional castles bolster the forces in a more beneficial way for the main hero. Which is good because hero spamming is a pain in the *** and it will make the main hero more of a threat and speed up gameplay, even if the enemy does get a castle first they won't necessarily use all the units on their main hero anyway so it comes down to the strategy and build up speed of the player which is no different to normal.

In H5 the necro faction could convert all enemy units anyway so you just use caravans to ship them 'home' convert them, then collect them. It just makes the other factions have the same advantage.

The area of control should also speed up gameplay, nothing worse than turn 1 mine defenses that on a random roll end up being tough mofos to beat.

Doomcore
09-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Is converting automatic or I can for example if I am haven and capture necropolis, can I keep necropolis and keep it developing as we all did in previous heroes?

Mr.Dragon
09-23-2010, 01:44 PM
To my understanding devs have said the following:

"You can convert towns but it is expensive and takes several turns to complete, the process can be interrupted when the town is attacked and conquered while it is converting."

Not entirely sure where I read it and it prolly wasn't worded 100% that way but it should be easy to track down for reference.

GroundFeeder
10-26-2010, 05:46 AM
I absolutely agree. What DO you do with an inferno town while you're supposed to be the good guys playing Haven. In HOMM 3 I basically occupied it with my own forces and only develop its economic units, or lacking that reqruit the town's forces but keeping them in town as a passive defensive force only.

Sarshazar
10-26-2010, 05:55 PM
well u can use it for 1 thing: MAGIC but ya except that par, having a demon city when ur a human suks...

evildiablo4
10-26-2010, 08:37 PM
adding on to that, if you have different towns to choose from, you can pick your favorite unit (all shooters from different factions, all flyers, all high tier monsters)

nqox
10-27-2010, 09:42 AM
i thing converting towns is a wonderful feature added.
but what i wonder is can i destroy a town i have capture?

Sarshazar
10-27-2010, 03:08 PM
nquox i think that in campaign u might because thats what u did with orcs in TOE so it should be there for every faction now. As for multiplayer, i can't say but i hope u can

EBugle
10-27-2010, 04:40 PM
It was in the orc campaign for one level (and also the tutorial), and had nothing to do with the orcs so much as a script that fit the orcs, just like the script of converting academies into necropolises in Markal's campaign.

And yes, destroying towns would be far too powerful in multiplayer, though, so I doubt it would happen. Converting a town would be crippling enough as is if they get it back, cause they'd need to convert it back to be as useful as possible again.

simon_the_hun
01-24-2011, 09:34 AM
It's stupid. wog like stupidity. Bring creatures transformer and fishing in wells to make things clear