PDA

View Full Version : Much as we ***** and complain....

Worf101
09-15-2008, 09:24 PM
This is still one thrilling and amazing sim. My squad is diverse and spread through many time zones. And like all communal endeavours we sometimes don't see eye to eye. Be that as it may, when we fight and fly as a squadron, nothing comes close to the feeling of exhiliration I get when we take off, form up, hit the target and drag tail for home, more alive than virtually tott.

Much as we complain about this sim I've not found anything else, consoles, First Person Shooters, strategy or RTS that comes close to the joy of strugglin' with a group of comrades and loyal enemies (Achtung Black Riders)in this sim. To all squaddies, friends and foes, thanks. You don't know how many times this simple games has salvaged an otherwise rotten day.

Da Worfster

jayhall0315
09-15-2008, 11:14 PM
I second that. Most of my day to day research in my lab is not bad - it is not terribly exciting but not terribly boring either. However, no matter whether the results were good or not, the days concerns are quickly lost the moment I start lining up on someone's six !

P.FunkAdelic
09-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Same here. I work in a kitchen as a line cook. Fast paced action, lots of yelling, burning yourself, nearly cutting yourself with monstrous blades and incompetent waiters taking 8 tables orders at once, piling them all into the computer at once to see 25 orders print out in the span of 3 minutes with them standing there wondering why the food takes forever to come out. Thats a tough adrenaline filled job.

But I never felt as much thrill in a game as the first time I put lead on target in this game and pulled into a zoom climb soon to be followed by a release of serotonin into my blood stream as my mind recognizes the words "Enemy aircraft destroyed".

Well no virtual game anyway. My first poker table and my first home run also fill that category. But in the world of electrons the only close second is Silent Hunter 3. Manual targeting solutions baby. So satisfying to get 3 ships almost at once all on different tracks. FPSs I've had insane 35 kills streaks and dominated servers. That never gave me the same satisfaction as this has in the short few weeks I've been playing.

SeaFireLIV
09-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Worf101:
This is still one thrilling and amazing sim. My squad is diverse and spread through many time zones. And like all communal endeavours we sometimes don't see eye to eye. Be that as it may, when we fight and fly as a squadron, nothing comes close to the feeling of exhiliration I get when we take off, form up, hit the target and drag tail for home, more alive than virtually tott.

Much as we complain about this sim I've not found anything else, consoles, First Person Shooters, strategy or RTS that comes close to the joy of strugglin' with a group of comrades and loyal enemies (Achtung Black Riders)in this sim. To all squaddies, friends and foes, thanks. You don't know how many times this simple games has salvaged an otherwise rotten day.

Da Worfster

True, true.

Daiichidoku
09-16-2008, 06:21 AM
just imagine if there were TWO shows in town, not only FB ('the only show in town')

OMK_Hand
09-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Da Worfster:
"You don't know how many times this simple games has salvaged an otherwise rotten day."

Amen. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fehler
09-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by jayhall0315:
I second that. Most of my day to day research in my lab is not bad - it is not terribly exciting but not terribly boring either. However, no matter whether the results were good or not, the days concerns are quickly lost the moment I start lining up on someone's six !

So.... When IS "Judgment Day?" Skynet almost done?

Krt_Bong
09-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by P.FunkAdelic:
Same here. I work in a kitchen as a line cook. Fast paced action, lots of yelling, burning yourself, nearly cutting yourself with monstrous blades and incompetent waiters taking 8 tables orders at once, piling them all into the computer at once to see 25 orders print out in the span of 3 minutes with them standing there wondering why the food takes forever to come out. Thats a tough adrenaline filled job.

You said it brother, same here $3000 hours, crazy customers, stupid requests but as soon as I get into the cockpit I'm no longer stressing about the day or the fifty Cobb salads all with modifiers. I've traded my knife for a trigger, Yee Haw! Saddle Up Boys!

BrotherVoodoo
09-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I feel the same way Mr. Worf. The sim, the squad, the adrenalized action...Man I love it!

waffen-79
09-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Worf101:
You don't know how many times this simple games has salvaged an otherwise rotten day.

Da Worfster

QFT

Only 3 or 4 games are regulars in my pc since 2001

regards

Aaron_GT
09-18-2008, 11:59 AM
My squad is diverse and spread through many time zones.

That's one of the good things about it - bringing people from many nations together in a shared experience. Online it seems more diverse than on these forums as there isn't the same divide caused by the main language here being English.