PDA

View Full Version : Any torpedo campaigns?

Frankthetank36
11-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I've always taken an interest to torpedo bombers, but back when I played the MCFS games the only torpedo-armed things I got were the FW-190 and a couple of medium bombers. So I was pretty disappointed when the Avenger and Kate weren't flyable in this either. The Betty can carry torpedoes in this so I started a campaign with it, but after a mission or two I got a message saying something about DG.exe failing, and there wasn't a map or anything and it wouldn't let me fly. Restarted the campaign a couple of times and got the same results (whereas campaigns for other planes work perfectly fine). What's the deal? The only other torpedo bomber I know of is the IL-2T, and I don't know of any campaigns specifically for it (heck, it doesn't have any single missions either and the game won't let you select ships as a target when creating quick missions).

TheGrunch
11-24-2009, 06:07 PM
'Straight and True' (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=92) by Zeus-cat. It's an IL-2T campaign.

AndyJWest
11-24-2009, 06:20 PM
The only other torpedo bomber I know of is the IL-2T
The He-111 H6 and the SM-79 (new in 4.09m) both carry torpedoes, and I'm not sure there isn't another one.

Hopefuly, someone wil be doing a SM-79 offline campaign by now, it is a nice plane for the job.

Though the QMB won't allow you to select ships as a target, I think if you select an Axis torpedo aircraft and scramble on the Crimea map, you should be able to find some Soviet Navy ships to target (off the south coast, engaging Axis ships), though they will shoot lumps out of you.

Zeus-cat
11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
A torpedo bomber campaign featuring the IL-2T in 30 action-packed missions.

Attack a wide variety of targets: freighters, barges, dams, submarines, torpedo boats, destroyers, cruisers, battleships and even the mighty Tirpitz.

What kind of missions will you fly?

Lead a squadron into several German harbors to sink convoys carrying munitions and supplies.

Search the open seas for marauding destroyers and cruisers intent on sinking our convoys.

Attack the submarine pens at Dzhankoy

Fly a daring solo midnight mission to destroy a German dam vital to the Nazi war effort.

Fly through the early morning fog to sink a damaged U-boat and the milch kuh (milk cow) sent to repair her.

Follow an oil slick for 20 kilometers to find a crippled battleship and finish her off.

Take three of your best pilots and fly up a river to sink the barges the Germans are using to rescue their trapped armor and vehicles.

Fly through a thunderstorm to locate the remnants of a convoy blown on the rocks and destroy it before the Germans can unload the damaged ships.

Use detailed recon photos to aid you in attacking eleven of your targets.

5 readme files with tips on torpedo bombing, commanding AI planes, designer's notes and torpedo damage reports on all ships in Forgotten Battles v2.04

All this and more in Zeus-cat's IL-2T campaign

AndyJWest
11-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Zeus-cat, that sounds like a good one - I'll maybe try it soon.

The only target you seem to have left out is a bridge: you can torpedo them, but you have to hit the uprights...

ROXunreal
11-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Though the QMB won't allow you to select ships as a target, I think if you select an Axis torpedo aircraft and scramble on the Crimea map, you should be able to find some Soviet Navy ships to target (off the south coast, engaging Axis ships), though they will shoot lumps out of you.

I love that map for dive bombing and torp practice, though if you don't have plenty of your side's planes the ships can shoot at, you most likely won't survive the first pass.

The ships actually moving unlike on most online servers makes it more exciting and harder to score a torp hit

crucislancer
11-25-2009, 09:00 AM
You can use mission mate to make some missions for attacking ships. It was recently updated so you should be able to use the sm79 in it.

http://www.mission4today.com/i...ds&file=details&id=8 (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=8)

Other then that, and "Straight and True", I don't know of any torpedo specific missions or campaigns.