PDA

View Full Version : assassins creed 3 lenght

lothario-da-be
12-18-2011, 08:30 AM
how long do you want/expect that the STORY is from ac3,this is without side missions(i hope there will be side missions in ac3)

crash3
12-18-2011, 09:36 AM
After two really short games and seeming that AC3 will have a huge climax in it, I think we deserve a game thats practically as long as Red Dead Redemption! I know thats asking a lot but I dont think its unrealistic either who agrees?

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
It's been in development since ACII - I'm expecting alot.

lothario-da-be
12-18-2011, 10:39 AM
its not realy in development since ac2,there making the story since ac2,a little team is making the game since acb and the whole team from acr joined them after acr
and how long is red dead redemption (without side missions)?

Assassin_M
12-18-2011, 10:57 AM
I`ll be damned if its shorter than AC II.

JumpInTheFire13
12-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
I`ll be damned if its shorter than AC II.

This. AC3 should be huge

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-18-2011, 12:04 PM
more then 25 hourse and hopefully you are able to visit different places in differnt times of human history!

misterB2001
12-18-2011, 12:08 PM
unless they want to destroy the series, it simply HAS to be a huge game in terms of developing the single player story.

It has to be as long and diverse as AC2, with the added content of some major modern day development.

If the SP story line does not clearly exceed 30 hours minimum then i can't see it being the climax to Desmonds story it so deserves.

lukaszep
12-18-2011, 12:20 PM
I want 25 hours or more. But i expect 20-25 (including side missions).

Sarari
12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Even if they have started it since AC2, I still think that it won't be very long, or at least not as long as AC1 or AC2. They're probably to busy adding in more pointless animation kills just to wow us....

I don't expect this game to be all that great to be honest. The past 2 games have showed to ME that Ubisoft isn't willing to put all their potential in sadly.

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
They're probably to busy adding in more pointless animation kills just to wow us....
Too true..

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 02:02 PM
I think 20-25 hrs is plenty not counting side missions.
We're wanting lots of those too (not sure if they'd cut side mission amounts if they did a really long game tho)

Esp. if this game is going to mostly all be Desmond . . I hope it's super long if they do more w/ the new Assassin we play. I just don't want the majority of it to be Desmond. I dont' know if I'd like that many hours of just him.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

archie7272
12-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm hoping that it's 3 discs long on X360 with 2 for single player and 1 for multiplayer.

LieutenantJojo
12-19-2011, 03:27 AM
I think it should be AT LEAST as long as AC2 (not counting side missions). If it's any shorter or if it's somewhere near the length of ACB or ACR, I will be very disappointed.

kriegerdesgottes
12-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:

How do you know? No one has ever made this claim as far as I know. It really does need to be huge though. At least 14 sequences and NO trailers pasted into the game that are supposed to count as a memory and no replable memories that are nothing more than short cutscenes.

dxsxhxcx
12-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Isaac500:

How do you know? No one has ever made this claim as far as I know. It really does need to be huge though. At least 14 sequences and NO trailers pasted into the game that are supposed to count as a memory and no replable memories that are nothing more than short cutscenes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, like someone else said in another thread, the story might be in development since AC2, this doesn't mean they already started to work in the game itself..

I confess I'm trying to not get my hopes up for AC3, IMO It's obvious that it won't cause the same impact (in terms of gameplay) AC2 caused (unless is a game about Desmond acting like an assassin, killing targets, etc), unless they remove everything they did until now and make everything new, what I don't think is going to happen, I just hope it's a big game, with several cities like AC1/2 and with a story longer and depper than AC1/2 if possible, oh and with a different assassin, I don't want the next ancestor to be a reskinned version of Ezio, the less the new ancestor has in common with Altair/Ezio the better...

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 05:42 AM
I confess I'm trying to not get my hopes up for AC3, IMO It's obvious that it won't cause the same impact

It's doubtful that it will for me when so much of it will most likely revolve around Desmond who I honestly can't feel much for.
I'm hoping they make him more dark & sinister (that would at least help as far as I'm concerned). He was just too nerdy in ACB for my taste.

As long as they make the gameplay & story good... plus include the new Protagonist, I'll probably be good with it.
I'll be scoping the reviews more than usual & most likely rent it first.

kriegerdesgottes
12-19-2011, 05:46 AM
I am worried as well about ACIII not just because of the limited development time but simply because ACII and Ezio are both tough acts to follow. I believe Ubisoft could do it but I am very worried. I can't wait to find out new info in April/May.

Igor1903
12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Ubisoft put a lot of work into ACI and ACII, the result - both amazing games. Then, seeing that their franchise was getting successful, they just decided to put the half of a quarter effort they put developing the previous two games, as they knew everyone would buy the next games btw. So we had ACB, that was a huge pile of crap, just deserves its coins due to multiplayer and the brotherhood thing, that were both great, I got to admit. One year later they've developed ACR. Cool graphics, cool "wowing" animations (as said by Sarari), but with a boring multiplayer, IDK why, but it is just not as good as ACB's. At least, it wasn't good enough to make me avoid switching back to BF3. Plus, a 100% synch that can be achieved in no longer than 15 hours, which means the campaign doesn't exceed 8 hours.
So, I don't expect much for ACIII. I'm not even sure if I'd buy any more AC title, as they're now serving as paperweight.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 08:26 AM
So we had ACB, that was a huge pile of crap, just deserves its coins due to multiplayer and the brotherhood thing, that were both great, I got to admit.

Well I totally disagree. I'm playing it again right now and loving it a 3rd time.

It's just that YOU don't like it - it's different than the others & added some really good things.
& I like more of the stuff they added in ACR w/ bombs & revamped Recruit system w/ Dens & Master Assassins + 2 missions with each.

I DO think they were rushed tho for 2 reasons, not bcuz the game sucked, but bcuz it was shorter w/ less missions and the bugs/glitches.

Other than that it doesn't prove your points.

And if you do hate it this much I hope you don't buy it anymore to continue ranting against them.

Igor1903
12-19-2011, 12:22 PM
And if you do hate it this much I hope you don't buy it anymore to continue ranting against them.

As a customer, I'd like to show my point of view about the game. As I said, the first two AC titles were epic, that's why I think the franchise still have a huge potential. But Brotherhood and Revelations were failure.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Igor1903:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

As a customer, I'd like to show my point of view about the game. As I said, the first two AC titles were epic, that's why I think the franchise still have a huge potential. But Brotherhood and Revelations were failure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get the whole "AC was epic, I need to Save the Series with my input" thing, but in the few posts I read it was just a raging beat down instead of trying to be constructive.
There's a huge difference in the two & that's usually when I speak up.

They aren't failure tho. They added some great mechanisms in ACR. Even w/ its shortcomings it doesn't warrant a Fail stamp.

smokysmith
03-13-2012, 02:42 AM
hopefully they change back to the open style game where you can travel to cities when ever you want like ac 2, and not just be stuck in one city for the howl games like ac revelations and ac brotherhood

NewBlade200
03-13-2012, 03:51 AM
I don't see the logic in expecting more than 15 hours. When they can make half a game and make half the money and sell for full price there just isn't much point in hoping that they will make a full game.

ILLusioNaire
03-13-2012, 05:59 AM
The way I see it, ACI and ACII were both good epic games. The stories were amazingly well-done. And ACII was a huge improvement from AC1. In my eyes, ACB and ACR are really, even though they continue Desmond's story, add-ons to Ezio's and Altair's stories, given the fact that they were so well-recieved and, after AC1 and ACII, Altair and Ezio didn't get proper closure, especially considering how much of Ezio's life we had witnessed in ACII and how little was shown of Altair's fate. Considering the small amount of time put into making ACB and ACR, compared to AC1 and ACII, the execution of their stories paled in comparison to AC1 and ACII.

In my opinion, following suit of the first two numerically-dubbed AC games, ACIII will deliver a story, ancestor, and game that is tantamount to the first two games that made us believe in AC.

Jamison_J_B
03-13-2012, 06:01 AM
more than 25 hours. We have one game to explore Connor and finish up Desmond, I want it to count.

JCearlyyears
03-14-2012, 09:34 PM
I know this will sound insane. 70+ hours

Sukramo
03-14-2012, 10:28 PM
As much as posssible obviously. But they really need to add replay value, Revelations basicaly has 0 for me.

Preferebly I would like to see a "Brotherhood-ish" New York were Desmond gets to punch modern day templars. But lets be realistic eh........

If they end Desmonds story without him actualy fighting the modern day templars I will be dissapointed.

egriffin09
03-14-2012, 10:58 PM
I say without side missions, it should be as long as AC 2 which is 15-20 hrs. With side missions, maybe 25-30 hrs. I hate to say it, but anyone wishing for a game over 30 hrs is pointless. If they make it as long as AC2 or a couple hrs longer, then it should be an epic game. Games over 30 hrs story and side misssions seems just stretched out to me. Be honest everyone, When a game is over 30 hrs, it gets to a point where you just want to beat the game and less about the fun and excitment of it.

pacmanate
03-14-2012, 11:27 PM
I think around 25 hours of singleplayer STORY isn't too much to ask for a 2 year cycle game, and then around 10 hours of side missions. That would do me fine!

cless711
03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
I know this will sound insane. 70+ hours

I wish man.. I really do wish it could be that long xD I would be playing it for so long..

But anyway, I don't expect more than 20 hours or less. I do want 25+ hours.. But I am not really expecting that. However, if they can make the story and gameplay good, since I don't really care for graphics, and end Desmond's story in an epic way (since we don't know if this is Connor's only console game) than i will be fine..

*edit*
Also, as long as they do not rush the story (Like they said we would be killing someone in the first seconds of the game) and make it a convoluted mess, than everything will be fine for me.

Sukramo
03-14-2012, 11:42 PM
*Thinks to self about AC2:s "Beat up missions" and ACR:s "climb tower, find worhtless book missions"

*Shudders.

Quality is obviosly more imprtant the Quantity. I LOVED the borgia machine masions in ACB, so much I found myself replaying them a year later, pushing myself to be as stealty and fast to take out every guard without being detected in like the flying machine mission. Awesome times- Revelations has nothing that even comes close in enjoyablility for me in the single player.

More of fun big missions with lots of guards and less pointless stuff like the above mentioned.

Ace_of_Swords12
03-17-2012, 02:23 AM
wrong if u look at the other games its gunna be 1 disc i can almost garentee it

Ace_of_Swords12
03-17-2012, 02:34 AM
man the american revaloutin its gunna be a fun fight. but i hope it wont be like the lastones where u would join a side but in free rome would end up being just reg gaurds like im saying i wanna help the americans in the story and then be freeromeing kill some on and have to run frome the soliders like in ACR when the janissaries weer helping u but in freerome where just other gurds to look oput for so ur not caught when nutoriouse but i also hope u will stick with the creed and say have etzio be ur master and look up to him instead of being just some solider

jmk1999
03-17-2012, 06:03 AM
hmm... i don't think this should have been a poll topic. it warrants no valid answer since you're asking two opposing questions: "how long do you want it to be?" as well as a "how long do you expect it to be?" sometimes i feel like people make polls just because they can.:rolleyes:

freddie_1897
03-17-2012, 09:13 AM
oh don't be such a spoilsport Dom!

Sushiglutton
03-17-2012, 10:57 AM
*Thinks to self about AC2:s "Beat up missions" and ACR:s "climb tower, find worhtless book missions"

*Shudders.

Quality is obviosly more imprtant the Quantity. I LOVED the borgia machine masions in ACB, so much I found myself replaying them a year later, pushing myself to be as stealty and fast to take out every guard without being detected in like the flying machine mission. Awesome times- Revelations has nothing that even comes close in enjoyablility for me in the single player.

More of fun big missions with lots of guards and less pointless stuff like the above mentioned.

I totally agree with this. Gamers are waaay too obsessed with quantity. One improvement over Revelatiopns that I really hope for, is that Ubi throws out all the mediocre stuff. I think there's a good chance of that since they have such a long gametesting phase. I hope they ask themselves, while playtesting al the different mission types, "is this fun to play?". And if the answer is no, throw it away. Revelations was filled with crap that took away a lot from all the great moments.