PDA

View Full Version : Is the subnet collision noise bug still in 1.4b?

S VIIC_41
06-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Alright, has the bug been fixed (doubtfully) or is it still there?

The bug that plays a really loud distorted screeching sound for no apparant reason sometimes when you're close to a subnet that's been identified as the subnet collision noise only it appears to be being played several times in succession simultaneously so it overlaps into a freaky sound like a laser crossed with a screeching roar that scares the **** out of you without fail when it comes out of nowhere.

Celeon999
06-24-2005, 05:43 AM
Good question http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

It was not mentioned in the 1.4b readme.
I think its still there but i will not be the one who tries. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif My ears are still ringin from the last time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Slush69
06-24-2005, 05:51 AM
My heart is still pounding from that one! WTF!?

slush

Hairback357
06-24-2005, 03:52 PM
No it has not been fixed. Happened to me for the first time yesterday and it scared the **** outta me.

S VIIC_41
06-24-2005, 04:10 PM
I think its still there but i will not be the one who tries.

Me either <_< *curls up into ball in corner, shivering*

No ****in' way man... no way am I going back out there... >_>

Posted Fri June 24 2005 14:52
No it has not been fixed. Happened to me for the first time yesterday and it scared the **** outta me.

GAAAAHHH! They screwed us 'round again >_<

Why is it that to get anything fixed, even if it's REALLY important like this, you have to PESTER THEM and PESTER THEM and make it REAL obvious that there's a problem before they'll do anything?

****it, for 1.5 we need a fix. ****, I'd be happy if 1.5 just WAS a fix for this.

Anren
06-24-2005, 06:05 PM
I finally went into the sounds directory and just deleted those subnet files. That loud screech at random intervals is just too much.

S VIIC_41
06-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I finally went into the sounds directory and just deleted those subnet files. That loud screech at random intervals is just too much.

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing.

*sigh* At least this bug has an easy work around... it might never be fixed.

It's just 2 sound files isn't it? the exterior and interior subnet collision noises?

Anren
06-25-2005, 10:58 AM
I think so, those are the 2 I deleted. Haven't heard it since.

W.Irving
06-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Wha? There are two?
I only renamed one.
What are their names, please?

tschonhardt
06-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I have found that the screech sound occurs in FarCry when EAX is enabled. I have not encountered any such noise with SH3.

zzzspace
06-27-2005, 12:36 AM
In the folder €¦data\Sound\

Collision_AntiSubmarineNet_ext.wav

Collision_AntiSubmarineNet_int.wav

zzzspace
06-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by tschonhardt:
I have found that the screech sound occurs in FarCry when EAX is enabled. I have not encountered any such noise with SH3.

I have not noticed the use of EAX 4.0 functions by the SHIII sound engine, all the loud sounds that need a reverberant decay (guns, explosions etc) all have onein the sound file itself, but the interior sounds don't have the reverberation when EAX is enabled.

(though I did add interior reverberation manually in my sound pack due to the lack of EAX features within SHIII)

Vamandrac_Steam
06-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I just used a wav editor and turned the volume down on both files. My game seems to get flaky if I start deleting files.