PDA

View Full Version : planes are invisible against green terrain even at 1.5 km

raaaid
11-06-2004, 04:10 PM
the oddest thing about it is that it also happens with blue planes that are clearly seen against the water to become invisible against green terrain

is there anything to solve this problem? changin lights too flat wont work and i cant turn stencil buffer off

raaaid
11-06-2004, 04:10 PM
the oddest thing about it is that it also happens with blue planes that are clearly seen against the water to become invisible against green terrain

is there anything to solve this problem? changin lights too flat wont work and i cant turn stencil buffer off

BinaryFalcon
11-06-2004, 04:17 PM
What resolution are you running?

Unfortunately, the sim really penalizes running above 1024x768. At 1600x1200, in cockpit views with no icons can have planes disappearing completely as close as 0.3km. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

At 1024x768, it's not a problem.

Fennec_P
11-06-2004, 04:32 PM
If you're using anti-aliasing, turn that off. It will just blur the enemy plane with the background.

Setting visibility distance to medium or low can make the planes appear more chunky and easier to see.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2004, 08:13 PM
I might suggest that you check your VGA properties.
If Anti-Aliasing is set to Application Preffered (or it's equivalent for ATI cards), you uncheck that box and select 2x at least.
The same would apply for Anisotropic Filtering.