PDA

View Full Version : Soviet bombers for DGen v2 (quick install)

Amagi
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Just download and extract to your Forgotten Battles folder, then cut and paste the recommended [DGen] options in the readme to conf.ini.

Third_Anniversary (http://uk.geocities.com/drmiller_ukbt@btinternet.com/Third_Anniversary.ZIP)

Previous users should delete the RuV files in DGen which are no longer needed.

From the readme-

::: VERSION 2.0 :::

There are a number of changes to the previous 1x versions.

-Added Lvov44H, with a new schedule. If I add Balaton and/or Berlin the version number will remain 2x. The late war models mean that there won't be any earlier campaigns. I might add Courland!
-New ops file. Random additional strikes by either side, recon and scrambles are now part of the ops file, to avoid a flight of two German patrollers suddenly becoming ten because of the random flights. This happens often with RandomFlights=5.
-There are now no missions with four or six planes. It isn't the same.
-The TB-3 career is used, to avoid the campaigns being described as 'fighter'. Players may fly the TB-3 campaigns beforehand, if they want to.
-Altered schedules. The player has to succeed in most of his missions to keep to the historical schedule, and do very well to improve on it.
-Altered OOBs. The Soviet OOB has reduced numbers to make losses meaningful, but is otherwise from the original game. I also added 'skill' to the campaigns. Many of the original campaigns seem not to have these values(?)
-It is much easier to aim at stopped targets. Third Anniversary has vehicles, tanks and trains that do not stop at the target point. This may mean that on occasion the flight leader will not spot the target, especially trains, though if you play at higher ranks this should not be a problem. This is because of different flight times from different airfields.

DGen requests for bomber campaigns

Whilst making these campaigns I have noticed a number of unwanted or incomplete DGen features.

-The final waypoint before landing is too low on the 'heavy bomber' missions, making it impossible for the AI bombers to land at some airfields, as they crash into woods. The AI has to climb just prior to reaching the runway.
-It would be useful to be able to add other bomber flights to the players flight (9Y 9B as one formation).
-It would also be useful to be able to add attack templates. One new type of attack could be a level bombing mission where there is no following attack if the target isn't hit the first time.

Amagi
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Just download and extract to your Forgotten Battles folder, then cut and paste the recommended [DGen] options in the readme to conf.ini.

Third_Anniversary (http://uk.geocities.com/drmiller_ukbt@btinternet.com/Third_Anniversary.ZIP)

Previous users should delete the RuV files in DGen which are no longer needed.

From the readme-

::: VERSION 2.0 :::

There are a number of changes to the previous 1x versions.

-Added Lvov44H, with a new schedule. If I add Balaton and/or Berlin the version number will remain 2x. The late war models mean that there won't be any earlier campaigns. I might add Courland!
-New ops file. Random additional strikes by either side, recon and scrambles are now part of the ops file, to avoid a flight of two German patrollers suddenly becoming ten because of the random flights. This happens often with RandomFlights=5.
-There are now no missions with four or six planes. It isn't the same.
-The TB-3 career is used, to avoid the campaigns being described as 'fighter'. Players may fly the TB-3 campaigns beforehand, if they want to.
-Altered schedules. The player has to succeed in most of his missions to keep to the historical schedule, and do very well to improve on it.
-Altered OOBs. The Soviet OOB has reduced numbers to make losses meaningful, but is otherwise from the original game. I also added 'skill' to the campaigns. Many of the original campaigns seem not to have these values(?)
-It is much easier to aim at stopped targets. Third Anniversary has vehicles, tanks and trains that do not stop at the target point. This may mean that on occasion the flight leader will not spot the target, especially trains, though if you play at higher ranks this should not be a problem. This is because of different flight times from different airfields.

DGen requests for bomber campaigns

Whilst making these campaigns I have noticed a number of unwanted or incomplete DGen features.

-The final waypoint before landing is too low on the 'heavy bomber' missions, making it impossible for the AI bombers to land at some airfields, as they crash into woods. The AI has to climb just prior to reaching the runway.
-It would be useful to be able to add other bomber flights to the players flight (9Y 9B as one formation).
-It would also be useful to be able to add attack templates. One new type of attack could be a level bombing mission where there is no following attack if the target isn't hit the first time.