PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Speculation *****SPOILERS********

HateCliffhanger
11-21-2009, 06:06 PM
When Assassins Creed was released in 2007, I was absolutely enticed by the greatly put together story line, the great gameplay, aside from its repetetiveness.
About 2 years later, as I was watching E3, 09, as soon as I heard their was going to be an Assassins Creed 2, I was Overjoyed. November 17th came, I plugged into the game, and 3 days later, I got to witness the end. This brings me to my discussion, I've unlocked the Truth Video, and I've watched all Assassins Creed (Deciphering the Marks on the wall videos), and Watched the end to Assassins Creed II several times.

I know Assassins Creed 3 hasn't been announced, this is just my common sense saying, after the cliff hanger, and the hints Ubisoft has given us, I will give you my speculation, and I would like to hear the rest of the Ubisoft communities.

My Speculation
Note none of this is based on fact, this is pure speculation

As we watched Miverna, talk through Ezio the propher to Desmond, I am pretty sure it was going through all of our minds, that Assassins Creed III will be based around Desmond, no more animus, just real world fighting, where the fights are harder, and the stakes are higher. My idea is, when she told him to go to the temples, I assume she meant the Mayans, and early pyramids, such as the ones in Giza, the Pyramaid of Kings, or the Pyramids mirrored after Orion's belt. I assume it will be the same as the codex pages, over a course of about 1 year or 3 months or what ever. Desmond, Lucy, Shaun, and maybe Rebecca, shall go around the world, wiping out Abstergo's existance their, assassinating Abstergo's leaders, and discovering the truth that is Subject 16's madness, and Miverna's prophecy.

Subject 16 Speculation
I remember, that SUbject 16, and Desmond were a DNA match, so that must mean they are related, or perhaps some other reason. But I will stick to the idea they are related. If you remember as Altair, and Maria, engaged eachother atop the tower in Acre during the hallucination, this was the probable start that was The Auditore, and Miles ancestry line.

Lets Fast Forward about 200 years. Maria and Altair's great or great great grand children got all caught up in traveling towards Europe, or in this caste Italy. They made their home their. They make their home in Italy. More and More Assassin Descendants are made, until we reach Ezio.

Joke Note
If you remember with Christine, Ezio and Christine engaged each other as well. That could very well be the event that lead to Subject 16's and Desmond's seperation, but well...Highly unlikely
End Joke Note

K well Back on a serious note fastforward say another 200 years, The Auditore/Miles families Assassins are still coming out, this is around the 1600s, where the colonization really starts to kick off, and Life on the west starts to really happen. Perhaps the Auditore family could be one of those settlers.

Fast Forward Another 100 Years.
The Revolutionary War begins. The Auditore Assassins or perhaps they changed their name Assassins, are killing Great Britian's officials. Under Washington's command. Now in these 300 years, Brothers are bound to seperate, move across shores. Perhaps one Auditore moved to Georgia, the other moved to New-York, or hell some could have went back to Israel area. This could very well mean that Subject 16 and Desmond are like 10th cousins, twice removed or whatever.
End Subject 16 Speculation

Real Assassins Creed 3 Speculation
As stated, I assume that this will be hunting down the Temples Miverna told you to, with the Assassins Clan.
Desmond is a fully formed Assassin, as seen at the end of Assassins Creed 2

Author's Note
BTW Ubisoft, wtb replay mode of that level, or of all levels that was really fun to do.
End Author's Note

Desmond, and Lucy are working together, Fighting off Abstergo industries, and learning the truth to what is happening.
Along the way, Desmond still in recoil among the hallucinations, he begins to learn more and more about the epilgoues that happened to Ezio, and Altair, kind of what happened in the second one. He learns new skills, and learns where the newest trace of the Assassins Robe is located(Perhaps a modofied version, where it is more underarmored, like a WWII Assassin, or Vietnam War Assassin.)Or he can have one tailored. On this journey, like Subject 16, Desmond becomes obsessed, at times going over the edge, and starting to see symbols in his head (Similar to Revenge of the Fallen, where Sam sees symbols, or when Desmond sees the hallucinations). The Assassins meet up with more Field Assassins, and they teach Desmond skills, how to disarm weapons (etc, etc).

Now due to the fact that the Animus is the real story driver, I am pretty sure Ubisoft won't leave it out, and it will still probably have a major role. Due to the fact that we are in the 21st centure, and virtual warfare is not uncommon, that can be his form of fighting, just he will also have a pretty common role in fighting in the general modern world.

Since Assassins Creed II, the real reason for going back in the animus was for desmond to become a "Better Assassin" this could kind of be a driving event in teaching other assassins etc etc.

End Speculation

To be honest, This is all of the speculation I could think of. I would really like to hear more on your theories on what will happen.

P.S. At the end of your post, please write if you think Assassins Creed could turn into an MMO, as a prelude to desmond, or an epilogue, or during helping desmond stop the apocoalypse, or just pretty much wiping out the remnants of Abstergo.

P.P.SThanks for reading my long speculation rant, Enjoy.

P.P.P.S I am sorry if a speculation dicussion has been posted before, if it has link it, and I will delete my post, and place it there.

whyyoustaring
11-21-2009, 06:23 PM
I think your speculations could be spot on. Minerva dicussed with Ezio, well rather with Desmond about the temples. Adn in Subjects 16's gylphs, there is a puzzle that involves the sun enveloping the Earth. Moreover, at the end of the credits. Desmond,Shaun, Lucy, and Rebecca are talking about magnetic pole reverse and that one flare from the sun could destroy the earth. I think the temple journeys is probable and a great idea as well. And I can predict at the end, Desmond and co. will find the last remnants of the First Civilization and save the Earth.

HateCliffhanger
11-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Doh....I forgot about the Magnetic Pole thing.

*slaps self on head for stupidity*

I forgot to put in my post by the way, if you wouldn't mind post how the temple mechanic could work, since they could be all over the world. Plus the game is really about assassinating officials, not really about solving puzzles, I really don't feel like playing a Zelda game. Unless perhaps Abstergo Officials are holding the keys or something.

Coolgerb
11-21-2009, 09:09 PM
I think it's wrong that so many people say that Desmond will be the only played character in AC3.

I think we will actually play him a lot more, sure, and assassinate targets with him (hello Vidic), but my theory is that we'll still use the animus a lot, but not back to one ancestor, but rather multiple.

This way they can implement certain things like gun fights without having to base the whole game around it, by only letting parts of the game focus on it (Desmond's time, WW2, etc).

This concept also has a lot of DLC potential, by being able to add an ancestor each DLC. However the danger with this is that it'll be harder to become emotionally attached.

AssassinJHOX
11-21-2009, 09:41 PM
So like fighting real world as Desmond for the most part, and then using the Animus to back to different ancestors, such as Altair, Ezio, and maybe later ones during American Revolution and WWII?

That would be the most epic thing ever!

P.S. I think that one of the assassins you play as should be a female.

HateCliffhanger
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Coolgerb, I agree with you. We should still be allowed to use the Animus. And I like the idea of multiple assassins instead of just one. Because if you remember in the vault, their were 7 statues of Assassins. So their might could be Revolutionary War Assassin, Civil War Assassin, WWI Assassin, WWII Assassin, and Desmond Modern Time. I think that would be excellent. and DlCS would be great.

Coolgerb
11-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Imagine it as Ubisoft's version of Call of Duty if you will; Showing the most epic moments in history that could have something to do with the assassin-templar war.

However they shouldn't stray TOO far from the current concept, as I would be very sad not being able to free roam beautiful cities and discovering them at my own pace.

HateCliffhanger
11-21-2009, 10:20 PM
I really just can't imagine Ubisoft being able to do that. But please elaborate on most epic moments. To be honest, I kind of liked what they did with this one, actually learning to be an assassin for desmond. I think Desmond should still be the absolute main component of the third one altogether. But I don't think they should leave the Animus out of it. I think its a great idea for main points in history.

Also, I hope Ubisoft won't stop it at Assassins Creed 3, I really want a continuation of the saga.
I think one of the developers said they can make 35 of them, which is a good sign >.>

theshannonsalte
11-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I wish they would make the next one(Assassin's Creed 3) about finding the temples and everything & stopping the world from literally "falling apart" all the while fighting a few templars along the way. but spare the big leaders of the templars/abstergo for assassin's creed 4. just my opinion. If they make a 4th it should be all about Desmond. the 3rd should be about Desmond getting help from his ancestors, not all assassins have special eagle vision and gifts like that, some have computer gifts and stuff like shaun. they need to have like 1 of desmonds ancestors be like really smart and we take on his role to figure out how to stop the end of the world and then let desmond start his revenge in the 4th. just an opinion.

Losk_
11-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by theshannonsalte:
I wish they would make the next one(Assassin's Creed 3) about finding the temples and everything & stopping the world from literally "falling apart" all the while fighting a few templars along the way. but spare the big leaders of the templars/abstergo for assassin's creed 4. just my opinion. If they make a 4th it should be all about Desmond. the 3rd should be about Desmond getting help from his ancestors, not all assassins have special eagle vision and gifts like that, some have computer gifts and stuff like shaun. they need to have like 1 of desmonds ancestors be like really smart and we take on his role to figure out how to stop the end of the world and then let desmond start his revenge in the 4th. just an opinion.

Agreed, IMO they need to dig up a lot more information from the past to tackle this problem in the present (Desmond's time).

slyshadow94
11-22-2009, 01:32 AM
I find it very interesting that the friends that Minerva listed were all Roman gods. Not only that, but the three Roman gods she listed, were all part of a holy triad first made of Minerva Tinia and Uni, who's Roman equivalent was Minerva, Jupiter and Juni. In my opinion, I think that AC3 is going to in Rome, in the age of gladiators, with a little bit of Desmond thrown in.

SlackR730
11-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Firstly, I loved reading these posts about Assassin's Creed 2, being sucked in to addiction of the series just a few moments ago by completing the game, followed by reading some mythology on the series O.O. As for what is going to happen in AC3, there are probably LOTS of places that Ubisoft could take this next installment. Personally, I think that playing as Desmond will be an interesting change of events, rather than having to play in the Animus for most of the game. Evening out the Animus play time and "real-life" Desmond play time would also be awesome.
I couldn't help but think that when AC3 does come out, it isn't a normal game where its good versus bad and the good come out triumphant. The Assassins might lose the fight, but again, just a thought :P.
Before I get too ahead of myself, though, I'm just going to sit this one back for a few and enjoy the stuff that I didn't really catch on to from AC2!!!!!

iHaze
11-22-2009, 04:09 AM
Awesome End. Unexpected.

whyyoustaring
11-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Ahhh, the animus may not be such a central component as you think. Do you remember how fast the Templars found them in that little warehouse of theirs. It was less than 2 days. In Assassin's Creed 3, I am for sure the it will be all about Desmond. He is a fully formed assassin, and doesn't need tech skills because hes got a team behind him. And they will need to be constantly moving, in order to avoid Abstergo and the Templars. So it doesn't leave time for the Animus, besides hes got all his skills figured out, and they know what their mission is because of Minerva.

HateCliffhanger
11-22-2009, 08:36 AM
theshannonsalte I like your idea. Make Assassins Creed 3, about learning more skills from your ancestors, because I like to beleive everyone has something to teach. Altair=Eagle Vission, Ezio=Hand to Hand Combat(Mainly), and their could be so many more. But It will probably be about Desmond. I really only hope that they don't end Assassins Creed 3, without a cliff hanger, and we get a 4th one.

It_all_Began...
11-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Don't forget what the Animus controller girl and Lucy talked about during the brief break from the Animus mid game. They both discussed that subj 16 went insane because he couldn't tell the difference between reality and the memories. They went on to elaborate, saying that people, like subj 16, could access their dna memories awake, but that none had been able to control that. I'm sure you see where I am going with this. I think the Animus will become a moot point because Desmond will eventually be the first person able to access his dna memories at will and be able to control it.

blackchaos666
11-22-2009, 09:05 AM
I am pretty sure it was going through all of our minds, that Assassins Creed III will be based around Desmond, no more animus,

at the end of the game lucy/rebecca tells desmond to look for more ancestors (in the animus) so unless somehow desmond goes back by himself without using the Animus i think we will be using it for AC3

AscendedPaladin
11-22-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm of two minds (at the moment) about where I suspect AC3 will go from here.

AC3 is likely to take place in the Civil War time period, after all it was one of the only places directly mentioned by subject 16 as a memory/time that he had been to. So it's possible he left other clues for Desmond to find, perhaps another/multiple temple(s) of the 'gods' or maybe another list of pieces of Eden. It's also likely that AC3 will contain more bleed through of past lives in to the 'real life' of Desmond without the aid of the Animus, either controlled or otherwise. I also think that the Pieces of Eden are going to play a large part in saving the world from extinction, likely by combining them with some machine the gods left behind. And rather than fighting off Abstergo at every turn, AC3 will focus mostly around finding the Pieces and gathering them into one area. possibly with Desmond finding their locations in the past and relaying that information to Shaun who can then pass it onto the teams in the field.

Someone said that Ubisoft doesn't like characters dying in a game only to have them re-spawn a few seconds later in perfect health, which is why they supposedly created the aspect of synchronization rather than death. Whether this is true or not I don't know, but if it is then it seems unlikely that we'll ever get the chance to play as Desmond as the main character. Unless of course Desmond turns out to be nothing but some future relative's Animus experience, much like Ezio and Altiar are for him.

Meh, I'm likely way off base with most of my guesses. Though no matter what comes I will be interested in playing the next instalment, if for no other reason than to just find out what other curve balls Ubisoft can throw at us.

CoolFin69
11-22-2009, 10:31 AM
The thing to remember with story-based and character-based speculation is that this game (albeit a great one) is still a BUSINESS. It makes a ton of money now. So, they've "lucked out" with a great game starting in the 12th century, because there is so much time to "replay" between then and now. I'm almost a little surprised that they jumped all the way to the 15th century, as I wouldn't expect them to go then tackle time between the two or even before Altair. Yet, I suppose they certainly could. So, if you expect a continuation of the normal timeline and a desire by the money men to drag this out (35 titles, really?) as long as possible, you'd have to think what is the next logical timeline? I almost expected a Christopher Columbus or Amerigo Vespucci reference to "the West Indies" given the timeline of AC2. I'd assume they'd want to do France, but would they wait until the Revolution to do that?
In terms of flashing forward to present day and having Desmond as the only character with just his hidden blade and no armor/vest, etc. ...not very likely. For some reason I initially though t that would be AC2 after the way AC1 ended. Desmond would break out of Abstergo and go after present-day people killing them. The first part of that happened, but not the 2nd. I'd expect more of the same from AC3 with some relevant present-day stuff, but with Desmond flashing back to at least one ancestor. Also, these games are awesome, but I wish the next one could take less than 2 years.

CoolFin69
11-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by stargate2000:
Someone said that Ubisoft doesn't like characters dying in a game only to have them re-spawn a few seconds later in perfect health, which is why they supposedly created the aspect of synchronization rather than death. Whether this is true or not I don't know, but if it is then it seems unlikely that we'll ever get the chance to play as Desmond as the main character. Unless of course Desmond turns out to be nothing but some future relative's Animus experience, much like Ezio and Altiar are for him.

I totally agree with this part.

I'm not convinced that Civil War would be next, way too much ripe history between 15th century and 19th century. But, it would be likely to visit it eventually like in AC7 or 8.

HateCliffhanger
11-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Well, if you google Assassins Creed 3, the main idea is a WWII setting with a female lead. I kinda don't want this to happen. I like what coolfin said, about them passing through every major event not skipping 200 years. Or in thise case 300 years. I would actually like 35 Assassins Creed Titles, I really like these games.

B4dB0LL
11-22-2009, 11:26 AM
sounds cool! BUT No female during WW2! That would just end up as a good version of Velvet Assassin.

EmperorxZurg
11-22-2009, 11:26 AM
NO CLIFFHANGER! Those are ALL ideas posted by fellow members here that were just guessing. They ain't doing anything with guns to the public in fear it will be a shooter. We don't know about a female lead either.
All we know is that the main antagonist in AC3 will be the sun exploding and Desmond trying to find a way to stop it through the animus while battling Templars at the same time and that there will be only 3 titles. Altair's, Ezio's, and the upcoming. Patrice said it was a trilogy and he's leaving it at that

Jeffrem
11-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by B4dB0LL:
sounds cool! BUT No female during WW2! That would just end up as a good version of Velvet Assassin.
Indeed indeed...
I hope for another male version, with a more of a dual story like in part 1 Assassin/Desmond. But more playtime than part 2. Sucky thing is, is that we have to wait so long again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif another 2 years! Noooes.. Would be awesome if they AC3 would come in November 2010

Coolgerb
11-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by HateCliffhanger:
Well, if you google Assassins Creed 3, the main idea is a WWII setting with a female lead. I kinda don't want this to happen. I like what coolfin said, about them passing through every major event not skipping 200 years. Or in thise case 300 years. I would actually like 35 Assassins Creed Titles, I really like these games.

Lol no. There is no main idea, at all.

HateCliffhanger
11-22-2009, 01:13 PM
What I meant for Idea, thats just the biggest theory going around teh interwebz.

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
i think AC 3 u will be playing a bunch of desmond's ancestors while playing as Desmond

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-22-2009, 01:56 PM
theshannonsalte I like your idea. Make Assassins Creed 3, about learning more skills from your ancestors, because I like to beleive everyone has something to teach. Altair=Eagle Vission, Ezio=Hand to Hand Combat(Mainly), and their could be so many more. But It will probably be about Desmond. I really only hope that they don't end Assassins Creed 3, without a cliff hanger, and we get a 4th one. assassins creed was always meant to be a trilogy..... so a AC4 is highly unlikely unless something big happens...

ssomichael
11-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I Actually think that they should stay around the italian time period but throw more desmond parts in. Because no only did I love Ezio but it would help pull on when he is thinking about after he has the talk with minerva and what he will do.

Also as a big twist i bank that at the end of AC3 the templars and assassins will help each other after figuring out that using the pieces of eden will make kind of a saftey web over the planet shielding it from the solar flare.

But what do i know im just a gamer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aiten89
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Personally i can see them looking into the things revealed in 'The Truth' video.

In it you see two people, one male, one female 'escaping' from some high tech facility. They have the apple piece of eden and the female is reffered to as eve.

I think you will go back and play through those times, whether or not it will be a long part of the game i dont know but it is the most interesting thing i found...

kew414
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm worried how they're going to make the future part of the game so that guns won't be used.
I don't think they're going to turn AC into a shooter of some kind, and I would hate them to.
But the most powerful company in the world - almost infinite in it's resources - only being armed with metal poles and swords is a bit unbelievable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if during the game, the Assassins are able to convince the Templars of this greater threat, and work together with them in an attempt to save the world.
In fact, I'm sure it will probably happen, unless we find out the Templars actually want the world to be destroyed...

HateCliffhanger
11-22-2009, 07:33 PM
My friend kind of gave me an idea. Due to the fact using guns might ruin the game. What if the entire Assasisin V. Templar War was fought in an Animus of kind of like a world wide web.

Purgehappy666
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
AC2 exceeded my expectations... but the ending was kind of a WTF moment. It goes from old style stuff, to finding a vault full of gods, kind of weird, but whatever, it works for AC. AC3, in my opinion, should focus a little more on Desmond this time, and a new Ancestor, someone who found more about the "end of the world" and the Truth and all that stuff, than Ezio did. But that's my opinion. I still don't know what era it should be, that's up to Ubisoft, as long as it stays like the AC we've all come to love, I could care less.

kazimyakub
11-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Anyone notice how they haven't shown the outside world yet in Dresmonds time? Like they want to save that for later/ haven't thought of what to do with it?

Also, Some really good ideas here, and since I also suspect AC3 to be the last, I believe it could be you playing through multiple events throughout history to learn some information about the location of the pieces of Eden/about the temples/ the info that Minervas people left before Ezio etc...... and also fighting the Templars/saving the earth in current time.

Sounds like a handful, I know, but that's based on the notion that this is the last of the series... Think Prince of Persia and the Sands of Time Trilogy.... They ended that... <STRIKE>maybe not the best way ever..</STRIKE> but they did stay true to their word....

Airadan
11-22-2009, 11:52 PM
I think AC3 will work great. I Agree with pretty much all of these posts.I think it will be 70% Desmond and 30% Animus but I dont think he will get in the Animus but he will be able to do it on his own also he will start to go a bit crazy like subject 17.

And yes I think there will be a bit of shooting in it.*cross fingers* vidic is last boss to kill.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
11-23-2009, 01:13 PM
i am curious about AC3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif How possibly is the French Revolution?

HateCliffhanger
11-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I had another theory at school. Perhaps desmond shall still use the Animus, and like others have said go through several ancestors instead of just one. For these, each ancestor has a long play time, where you find each temple, perhaps a 6 sequence game time for each ancestor. And then in real life Desmond goes to each of those temples. This oculd make the possobilities unlimited. After you beat the game you can play as each past assassin includin desmond.

Cpt.Gumz
11-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I just want to tell ya P.S means Post Scriptum so you said Post Scriptum Scriptum Scriptum but you should have said P.P.P.S Post Post Post Scriptum

HateCliffhanger
11-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I've noticed that the only thing really being talked about has been The game it self. Anyone got any ideas of Subject 16s relation to Desmond?

Disgustipater
11-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Why would they need the animus anymore? They know the location of all the Pieces of Eden, and they know what the crisis is and what to do. I don't understand why the 3rd game would bother with going back in time. I hope it is 100% Desmond, or at least only a little Animus use to maybe fill in some minor plot details.

RooksGambit
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Good guesses here. My personal guess:

There were multiple references to Edison (can guess a Templar based on the segments) and Tesla (likely an assasin). I'd guess that's a piece of it.

My personal guess, it will have 3 cities but not 3 connected by geography - instead 3 totally unconnected cities in different parts of the world.

Each city is the location of one of the sites mentioned in Minervas hologram.

At each location, we'll learn Desmond had an ancestor there (or who visited there). So he'll go back, we'll learn about the city in the past then Desmond will explore the present version using what he learned in the past.

Just my 2 cents

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 07:26 PM
What I meant for Idea, thats just the biggest theory going around teh interwebz.

I know what you meant. And now that most of us know the ending, we know that there aren't any obvious hints that the next game will be in WW2.

kazimyakub
11-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Someone should make a poll,..... Not it!!!

HateCliffhanger
11-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Poll of what?

kazimyakub
11-23-2009, 08:48 PM
poll to what the possible storyline of AC3 is...

shotinthedark89
11-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I think two things aren't being looked at closely. One is that chances are Desmond no longer needs the Animus. Two is that AC is supposed to be a trilogy so AC3 is likely the last game. (So they won't change the whole dynamic of the game by introducing guns or basing it 100% in modern times).

I would love to see something along these lines. ..

Desmond and the gang are running across the world to the ancient temples in order to stop the "global event" (solar flare, global warming, polar bears, whatever...) They hit certain spots such as Giza and ancient Mayan sites and have something to do there.

Meanwhile Desmond is literally going insane from the bleeding effect. I don't want him to magically be able to control it 100%, I want him to be running in Egypt, trip and fall, and then bam! killer headache, flashes and then he's in ancient Egypt as one of his ancestors. Along the lines of the main character the book Time Traveler's Wife. (At least in regards to the uncontrollable leaving). But as he is in the past he discovers something that is needed in the future. And I don't want this to happen all the time but 3 main parts, as has been the norm for AC games.

I think the cities/areas should be massive. Much more so than these last two games. They made the countryside a lot better in AC2 but I think they should just do away with inbetween city stuff and just make the cities/areas huge.

I would like to see the story of Desmond better done. I don't feel like he's a real character...in a way I feel like he's the prophet so WE(the gamer) can see all these cool things. (I mean this the way Minevra treated Ezio at the end of the game...I see Desmond as a looking glass...nothing more). So I'd greatly like to see that change and I think they've set it up well. I think watching him struggle with "The Truth" and bleeding effect would be a great direction to go with the story.

Who Ubisoft really needs to call is Dan Brown because I see great similarities between his books and the story of AC.

Overall I liked the game a lot. Keep it coming Ubi.

Datashocker
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by shotinthedark89:
I think two things aren't being looked at closely. One is that chances are Desmond no longer needs the Animus. Two is that AC is supposed to be a trilogy so AC3 is likely the last game. (So they won't change the whole dynamic of the game by introducing guns or basing it 100% in modern times).

I would love to see something along these lines. ..

Desmond and the gang are running across the world to the ancient temples in order to stop the "global event" (solar flare, global warming, polar bears, whatever...) They hit certain spots such as Giza and ancient Mayan sites and have something to do there.

Meanwhile Desmond is literally going insane from the bleeding effect. I don't want him to magically be able to control it 100%, I want him to be running in Egypt, trip and fall, and then bam! killer headache, flashes and then he's in ancient Egypt as one of his ancestors. Along the lines of the main character the book Time Traveler's Wife. (At least in regards to the uncontrollable leaving). But as he is in the past he discovers something that is needed in the future. And I don't want this to happen all the time but 3 main parts, as has been the norm for AC games.

I think the cities/areas should be massive. Much more so than these last two games. They made the countryside a lot better in AC2 but I think they should just do away with inbetween city stuff and just make the cities/areas huge.

I would like to see the story of Desmond better done. I don't feel like he's a real character...in a way I feel like he's the prophet so WE(the gamer) can see all these cool things. (I mean this the way Minevra treated Ezio at the end of the game...I see Desmond as a looking glass...nothing more). So I'd greatly like to see that change and I think they've set it up well. I think watching him struggle with "The Truth" and bleeding effect would be a great direction to go with the story.

Who Ubisoft really needs to call is Dan Brown because I see great similarities between his books and the story of AC.

Overall I liked the game a lot. Keep it coming Ubi.

This

iXzion14
11-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I think desmond is going to play a roll but not a big one , more like AC1 . The rest he will need to spend in the animus playing as an ancester to find out where those temples are or so ... Just a thought ...
Also ubi said they dont wanna make it a triology anymore , so maybe more games to come !
i hope so , love the series and the best thing is i dont need to study for history exam ..

Wishuna
11-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Do we know anything about Desmond's family?

Subject 16 = Desmond's Father?

or...

Subject 16 = Adam?

Who is he?! XD
I wish I knew..

Edit: Wait... Adam? Then he would be old as hell! But hey, He got the apple.

Pixel09
11-24-2009, 06:57 PM
I was speaking to a friend about this earlier, I recall Minerva said the following:

You must find the other temples. Built by those who knew to turn away from war They worked to protect us - to save us from the fire. If you can find them.. If there work can be saved.

http://i49.tinypic.com/fmpbnp.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2mxobap.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ptxr8p.jpg

I expect the third game will be based in the modern day finding these vaults.

D3adR3ckoning
11-24-2009, 09:50 PM
I think there should be some sort of extra mode or DLC where you play through the most important assassinations of all time, historically documented or not. For instance the Hitler assassination would be loads of fun but it doesn't really fit anywhere in the story if they don't do WW2. Maybe some where you alter history by preventing Caesar's assassination or Abraham Lincolns or JFK's. I just think there is a lot of potential in a game mode for extra assassinations.

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 10:00 PM
From the glyphs I saw actually Saw THREE peices of eden...The apple..The Papel Staff...And if you guys saw this one too... SPOILER!!!!! The sword... yes after you figure out one of the glyphs, not sure which one, it says Peice of eden or something and shows a picture of a GOLDEN SWORD

PhoenixFirewall
11-25-2009, 02:33 PM
What I didn't like:

The utter lack of interaction with the modern characters. I really really wish Desmond would have gotten out of the Animus more in this game. I'm a sucker for story and plot. Even side plot. Some of the climbing/running controls seemed to guess incorrectly where/when I wanted to jump/move. Made it very annoying to chase someone on the rooftops at times, or those timed missions inside the Assassin Tombs. And I will never like being mobbed by minstrels. Maybe a 10% chance would make it better. Or have them all start fighting with their lutes if 3 or more start trying to serenade you at once.

What I did:

The songs the minstrels sang. They're about you (getting up for snacks and realizing what was going on). It seemed a LOT easier to free run w/o running into people in the streets. The crowed control effects seemed a lot more natural and dynamic. In those times where Desmond was out of the Animus it was nothing short of awesome. Monkey finally learned something. The interaction with the other characters was fun as well. Shaun and Rebbecca were cool IMO. And a lifetime supply of Kudos to whoever does lighting and texturing. Those couple Assassin Tombs inside churches were amazing to be in. I didn't want to leave.

What I think is coming: ***Spoilers maybe***

The Animus lives on. Don't forget that at the end we are told that the Animus 2.0 can be used during their "long trip north." He can still very well make use of it... but he also won't have to forever. The "hallucination" is proof enough of that, not to mention that Lucy said he would eventually be able to plug himself into the past at will. Running in a modern area where he suddenly gets a vision of the past seems to be a natural way to progress and better grounds the bleeding effect.

I think there are far too many different ways the plot could go. I would not be opposed to playing a game in another past time-line with another ancestor of Desmond's, but I think a 3rd game with that style will start to feel too molded and cookie cutter. They'll start breaking that stereotype down in AC3. As many have guessed, Desmond's search for the other temples seems to be the most logical way forward from here. Looking at the codex map, there is a temple in the northeastern US. New York possibly? Difficult to tell from a 15th century (or earlier) map. What I can't guess is will AC3 revolve around a single temple or many? The end scene implies a host of different possibilities... Egyptian, Greek, Roman... Who knows.

It could be none of these. Very well could those icons on the codex map be nothing more than the location of the temple, but the memory starts elsewhere. I'm sure that despite our favorite areas of the the world (Japan, France, American colonies, etc), Ubi will do it in as a yet unknown, tasteful, and awe striking way. They can reinvent Japan. They can make the French and/or American revolution work. I'd love to see something in the viking age (there's a temple up that way!).

And just to play Devil's Advocate a bit, I wouldn't totally rule out WW2. During one of The Truth puzzles, "H." (Hitler) was in possession of a PE. Most WW2 games use the war and battles as their theme. But a behind the scenes, non-war ridden Nazi Germany would be a great place to find information for the present day. I would even go so far as to say that now that the series is established, I would be perfectly happy NOT killing and simply learning information. Let's face it. By now we've killed hundreds of rooftop archers and city guards (albeit in ever more awesome and gruesome ways), but what I need is what happens after I sneak up on the boss and put a knife in his back. I'm addicted to plot and story.

Keep the mind trip coming Ubi!

symboluk
11-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I've been running through my brain looking for answers to what might happen in AC3. I need to say i think "baby" will get stolen from the cottage up north before Desmond will fully have control over his bleeding effect power. This will leave him locked in modern times only returning to the past at certain points giving you the skills to move freely between our would and the past(hopefully get to globe trot to all the locatactions on the codex map unless another sequal is going to be released). a few other things, i believe we will see more of "the fox", i heard a myth about him being imortal somewhere outside the AC universe, and being a thief/assassin i believe he also hunts the peices of eden, it is possible that he will help guide the ancestor/s that we take over. I think Eagle Vision will be able to tell you which people from the past are acually people loaded into "animi?"(plural). So thats beginning, i think the end will have alot of twists but will generally finish in the garden of eden showing us that the world we knew was an illusion kind of like the matrix, leading to an enlightenment. i know its all just random thoughts but thats what i got so far. lasly i thought some people pointed out some great things such as the roman gods, how we havent seen outside yet, the stuff about tesla and einstien. If you think what i said is BS or you got somthing to add id like to hear it.

symboluk
11-25-2009, 08:18 PM
just one last question, diddnt they hint at there being several peices of eden someone here said 3 but im thinking 8 like the number of markers on the map.

percinator007
11-25-2009, 09:54 PM
I think there should be girl parts. girls are playing games more, including myself lol. and i would like to see a strong female charachter there is lbarely any games with female charachters. even if its just side quests, like with rosa thatd be awsome

methoto
11-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
From the glyphs I saw actually Saw THREE peices of eden...The apple..The Papel Staff...And if you guys saw this one too... SPOILER!!!!! The sword... yes after you figure out one of the glyphs, not sure which one, it says Peice of eden or something and shows a picture of a GOLDEN SWORD

That sword is Excalibur.

EscoBlades
11-26-2009, 03:55 AM
Here's an abridged version of my take....hope it makes some sense:

Minerva's warning raises the stakes with a frightening perspective; where once we glimpsed a power struggle between 2 arcane enemies (Templars and Assassins), wresting political control from each other down the ages, now we see the future of the Earth itself hanging in the balance.

With Minerva's assertion that these events are cyclical in nature, we can no longer remain blissfully ignorant of the knowledge that a great disaster (cosnic catastrophe if you will) could be approaching again.

But the vaults of the First Civilisation are still out there. Help may be at hand, for those who can track it down (Desmond and co.) Will AC3 take us to new locations in search of old artefacts? It may seem unlikely that the Templars would wish for the end of the world, but if they suspect they could harness the ancient wisdom and use it to protect their own, while nature claims the rest, their New World Order could be ushered in after all.

Vozlov-3-0
11-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey peeps.

Just been looking at the Codex map and have got a vague idea of where abouts these places are.

So you've got possibly New York in America, possibly where we may start in the next game, as it's the only place I can think of that could be further North of where we finish in AC2.

Now if we were to go back in history here, one of the major parts could be the American revolution? Perhaps we start the game in the Animus here to find the temple, then we get out of the Van to find ourselves on the same street nearly 200 years later to find it present day. Now that would give a wierd sense of dejavu/nostalgia.

Now we head to the west coast of South America. Now the only islands I can think of here are the Galápagos Islands, which on one was built an American WW2 base.

Then further south we have what I can only imagine to be Easter Island. Yay, glad they could fit those giant heads in there somewhere :P

In Europe we have Norway, now that could either have association with Vikings maybe, perhaps setting us up for ancient Norse god temple stuff, but it was also invaded during WW2.

In Africa that seems to be Cameroon. Now this one's realy interesting, as after the 1500's it became quite the area for Christian missionaries. Also, after WW2 it strived for independance, the French outlawed the party, causing a guerilla type war during the 1950's with the leader of the party getting dumdumdum.... assassinated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Now the one in Eurasia is difficult to place. Alot of things have happened here over the years, but perhaps something to do with Mongolia and the Empire would be interesting, considering Ezio's relation to the person who killed Gehnkis Khan. Otherwise it could be something to do with Tesla and the Tunguska Glyph, but it seems to far south for that.

In Indonesia we have what seems to be the island of Sulawesi which was occupied by the Japanese during WW2 with some pretty brutal authority in places. This seems to be the best place imho to set the full game like the past AC games have been.

And then finally we have the area south of Australia, and for the life of me I have no idea where this is supposed to be? The lost city of Atlantis perhaps? :P

So if we were to go back into the Animus, we could go to the majority of these places during WW2 to find the locations of the Temples(?) for the present day. I don't think we'l go looking for pieces of Eden, as the map at the end of AC1 shows places different to the Codex map.

I would like to see WW2 in AC, but when I first heard it could be, I was sceptical. But considering the Glyph (SPOILER) where it's said Hitler didn't make it out of Berlin as planned :P I kinda think that perhaps his double was killed according to plan, but the real H got killed escaping by assassins? That would make an awesome mission.

Also, perhaps enemies could use machine guns but the Assassins use nothing more than pistols? And they don't carry them, they only pick them up off of enemies for one use type things? I think this could be implimented well, but it would need to be without taking away the usefullness of the good old blades. Now that'l be the tricky bit.

All in all can't wait for AC3, I assume it'l have a 2012 launch to give plenty of time and a good marketing-story basis. I hope they don't draw out the story TOO much, but more than 3 would be quite welcome, and I don't know how they're going to fit as much as they could into one game.
However it would be cool if we have a central timeframe such as WW2. Then during other segments when we are in Desmonds time we 'bleed' to the area's on the codex map that don't seem to be during WW2 for major set pieces. Easter Island and seeing the explosion at Tunguska would be awesome. Or perhaps a quick level killing Ghenkis, which inturn could be used as a tutorial level for a new weapon? The possibilities are endless! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

However not going through any of the same cities twice may destroy the role playing elements that have become quite involved in the series. Although they could be overcome. With one time frame being the one you buy upgrades for.

Then in the end we end up at the last temple with the final boss. Hopefully not Vidic, hopefully someone 'higher up'. I hope to kill Vidic before the final setpiece, or perhaps he see's the greater threat? Perhaps some higher up templar get's introduced, a crazed templar not wanting to heed your warnings. Too overcome with the need for power over everyone to see the greater threat, like the one's who came before?

P.S. Assassin era i'd love to see... a out at sea carribean pirate boat shootout. I can just see the assassin leaping from the top of a giant galleon into the sea. Climbing the side of the ship during a close range battle. Assassinating the opposite captain. Escaping back on board the original ship through a ton of sword fights whilst watching the other go up in flames from a well timed explosion rigged just a minute before.

P.P.S. Sorry for long post.

NoxieDC
11-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I've noticed that the only thing really being talked about has been The game it self. Anyone got any ideas of Subject 16s relation to Desmond?
He was the one who lived the lives of so many ancestors and came to know how the war evolved step by step. That's certain, if there's anything more going on between him and Desmond more directly, we'll know in the future.

I'd say it's possible we play at least 3 different ancestors in AC3. "The ones who turned away from war" and could have foreseen the cosmic event must have been good astronomers so we have to have something about Mayans (colonist Assassin), Egypt, and (pardon my ignorance) something in Asia.

batesmotel
11-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by D3adR3ckoning:
I think there should be some sort of extra mode or DLC where you play through the most important assassinations of all time, historically documented or not. For instance the Hitler assassination would be loads of fun but it doesn't really fit anywhere in the story if they don't do WW2. Maybe some where you alter history by preventing Caesar's assassination or Abraham Lincolns or JFK's. I just think there is a lot of potential in a game mode for extra assassinations.

Hitler wasnt assassinated, he killed himself with his wife in 1945.

batesmotel
11-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by KexN:
Hey peeps.

Just been looking at the Codex map and have got a vague idea of where abouts these places are.

So you've got possibly New York in America, possibly where we may start in the next game, as it's the only place I can think of that could be further North of where we finish in AC2.

Now if we were to go back in history here, one of the major parts could be the American revolution? Perhaps we start the game in the Animus here to find the temple, then we get out of the Van to find ourselves on the same street nearly 200 years later to find it present day. Now that would give a wierd sense of dejavu/nostalgia.

Now we head to the west coast of South America. Now the only islands I can think of here are the Galápagos Islands, which on one was built an American WW2 base.

Then further south we have what I can only imagine to be Easter Island. Yay, glad they could fit those giant heads in there somewhere :P

In Europe we have Norway, now that could either have association with Vikings maybe, perhaps setting us up for ancient Norse god temple stuff, but it was also invaded during WW2.

In Africa that seems to be Cameroon. Now this one's realy interesting, as after the 1500's it became quite the area for Christian missionaries. Also, after WW2 it strived for independance, the French outlawed the party, causing a guerilla type war during the 1950's with the leader of the party getting dumdumdum.... assassinated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Now the one in Eurasia is difficult to place. Alot of things have happened here over the years, but perhaps something to do with Mongolia and the Empire would be interesting, considering Ezio's relation to the person who killed Gehnkis Khan. Otherwise it could be something to do with Tesla and the Tunguska Glyph, but it seems to far south for that.

In Indonesia we have what seems to be the island of Sulawesi which was occupied by the Japanese during WW2 with some pretty brutal authority in places. This seems to be the best place imho to set the full game like the past AC games have been.

And then finally we have the area south of Australia, and for the life of me I have no idea where this is supposed to be? The lost city of Atlantis perhaps? :P

So if we were to go back into the Animus, we could go to the majority of these places during WW2 to find the locations of the Temples(?) for the present day. I don't think we'l go looking for pieces of Eden, as the map at the end of AC1 shows places different to the Codex map.

I would like to see WW2 in AC, but when I first heard it could be, I was sceptical. But considering the Glyph (SPOILER) where it's said Hitler didn't make it out of Berlin as planned :P I kinda think that perhaps his double was killed according to plan, but the real H got killed escaping by assassins? That would make an awesome mission.

Also, perhaps enemies could use machine guns but the Assassins use nothing more than pistols? And they don't carry them, they only pick them up off of enemies for one use type things? I think this could be implimented well, but it would need to be without taking away the usefullness of the good old blades. Now that'l be the tricky bit.

All in all can't wait for AC3, I assume it'l have a 2012 launch to give plenty of time and a good marketing-story basis. I hope they don't draw out the story TOO much, but more than 3 would be quite welcome, and I don't know how they're going to fit as much as they could into one game.
However it would be cool if we have a central timeframe such as WW2. Then during other segments when we are in Desmonds time we 'bleed' to the area's on the codex map that don't seem to be during WW2 for major set pieces. Easter Island and seeing the explosion at Tunguska would be awesome. Or perhaps a quick level killing Ghenkis, which inturn could be used as a tutorial level for a new weapon? The possibilities are endless! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

However not going through any of the same cities twice may destroy the role playing elements that have become quite involved in the series. Although they could be overcome. With one time frame being the one you buy upgrades for.

Then in the end we end up at the last temple with the final boss. Hopefully not Vidic, hopefully someone 'higher up'. I hope to kill Vidic before the final setpiece, or perhaps he see's the greater threat? Perhaps some higher up templar get's introduced, a crazed templar not wanting to heed your warnings. Too overcome with the need for power over everyone to see the greater threat, like the one's who came before?

P.S. Assassin era i'd love to see... a out at sea carribean pirate boat shootout. I can just see the assassin leaping from the top of a giant galleon into the sea. Climbing the side of the ship during a close range battle. Assassinating the opposite captain. Escaping back on board the original ship through a ton of sword fights whilst watching the other go up in flames from a well timed explosion rigged just a minute before.

P.P.S. Sorry for long post.

IMO you hit it right on the nose. i agree with everything stated here, and i actually hope this is how the AC3 goes. but maybe a little more bleeding effect while you are playing as Desmond.

bushinosaya
11-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Actually this is everything I hope AC3 will not be. WW2? US military? Way overused and AC games are all about original locations and time periods. And like I said so many times, each game took place at some key moment of the human history.

Any modern setting would completely ruin the franchise and you've got plenty of infiltration games taking place during the second world war to play with http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Like in at the end of AC, those glyphs and spots on the map do not give any hint about where will the next game take place IMHO.

I just hope they'll make something darker during the French Revolution or mysterious during Classic Greece...

KrythVocans
11-26-2009, 07:21 PM
When you decipher the glyphs you listen to Subject 16 say some things. That made me think that his genetic ancestors might be either Adam or Eve because he's the one who encodes the 20 pieces of that video and distributes them in Renaissance Italy. -

However because Minerva, at the end, says that we created you in our own image I doubt that ancestral memories of humans can be traced back to Adam and Eve's kind.

I can't really call them "alien" either because what Minerva says is as someone mentioned above that they were just on this planet "before" humans. Which brings me to ask this: You can pick up any human being on the planet and, through the Animus, have them trace their memories to pre historical times when Adam and Eve's kind and mankind co-existed and before the war between these factions broke out and totally get to know this civilization. Am I totally off? Discuss.

Vozlov-3-0
11-27-2009, 04:28 AM
Do ya not think Greece or the Frech revolution might feel to much like AC2?
Well set in the French revolution you get more evolved towards handheld projectile weapons i suppose, but I can't see ancient Greece bringing anything 'new' other than for the story. Although chariot races? That would be kewl.

I'd agree WW2 has been well overused, but I'd say AC is the only series I can think of that would bring something new to it. Considering the other games of this kind of genre in ths time have been fairly mediocre.

And i'd hardly call WW2 NOT a key moment in human history :P

Considering there was word of a 'cabin' up north I assume we'l not really be Desmond that often and it will be more of the Animus. So perhaps we'l see a fourth AC where we're Desmond?

I'd say Japan during the 19th century would be good. It could do your 'darker' times whilst giving something new, seen as though we've had the Middle East and Europe already.

@Adam and Eve: I was under the impression that Adam and Eve's kind are our kind. And 16 is a decendant of Adam ( don't think there were 3 people in 'the truth' )

Considering 16 saw back to those times I don't see why Desmond can't as another slave. I assume A&E got hold of an apple, turned a ton of human's against the one's who came before and started the war?

How Adam & Eve were able to resist the control in the first place is my biggest question though. Do you think they were designed to have the choice like the bible says?

KrythVocans
11-27-2009, 05:55 AM
Well that's the thing KexN. By the Truth video I deduced that Adam and Eve were actually one of the "People Who Came Before". They wear these shiny skin tight transparent things and they speak English (which may be totally irrelevant but..) and they are clearly running away from something. Because Minerva describes humans (the humankind as in: US) as crude and undeveloped.

Even though there's a good chance that those men in labor in that video are the created humans, it could also be that it's the society of "People who came before" and Adam and Eve are of those people, and they might be taking the Apple for one reason or the other.

Theories Theories..

It's just that if Adam and Eve ARE human, as in, created, like you said Subject 16 is triangulating them in the Animus. But then like I said, anyone can do that because we all come from them, you know what I mean?

Ugh I'll shut up now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HateCliffhanger
11-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I think going up to the north, was just so they coukd plan.

TheChronicler
11-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi im new to the forum...

I have a theory, Assassins Creed will have two more stores before the 5th explores Desmond displaying his ability in the real world...

1. Assisins Creed 3 - will be set in France "Between 1776 to 1788" We learn that after the fall of the Knights Templar, a new powerful secrete organisation has there eyes on a mysterious 3rd piece of Eden. They are the Illuminati, Desmond once again goes into the animus to rediscover the life of his French ancestor who had become an Assassin of the Creed. Along the way you discover the mysteries of the Illuminati, and include historical characters like a young Napoleon.

Assasins Creed 4 - takes place in London 1888 (Around the time of Jack The Ripper) With an Oliver style story of a kid who was left of adoption, ran away trained by some of the theives and assisins lurking around that time, however ends up fighting against the return of the illuminati or free masons or something like thta.

KentuckyJared
11-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by TheChronicler:
Hi im new to the forum...

I have a theory, Assassins Creed will have two more stores before the 5th explores Desmond displaying his ability in the real world...

1. Assisins Creed 3 - will be set in France "Between 1776 to 1788" We learn that after the fall of the Knights Templar, a new powerful secrete organisation has there eyes on a mysterious 3rd piece of Eden. They are the Illuminati,

Not to be mean, as I'm new here too, but unless the Illuminati are a "cover" for the Templars then you can bet your house that they will not be in any AC games.

TheChronicler
11-27-2009, 02:53 PM
I just wouldnt see the Knights Templar movement continuing beyond the last game... remember it died out in in the 13th century yet we had them in assasins creed 2?

Cornik22
11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
KexN and KrythVocans, you should visit this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9011039408/m/2161034708) to get a better understanding of the Truth video, Adam and Eve, ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thekyle0
11-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Where did the previous AC3 thread go? Was it locked again?

Vozlov-3-0
11-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Groovy, good read, I think it should be stickied. That straightens some things out and affirms other's I already thought.

Although I didn't know that Adam and Eve were created from the ones who came before by the 'Gods' actually mating with a slave. Now that is odd. I was under the impression they were created more as a 'seperate project' and rebelled.

Ya i really don't want the Illuminati to suddenly get thrown in as a seperate group, although if they were the Templars but called Illuminati by people in another time frame when we go into the Animus it would be kewl.

The templars didn't 'die out' they simply went 'into the shadows' using other names like Abstergo for instance. Or 'the pope' :P

Cryps1
11-28-2009, 08:40 AM
This is a really probable and realistic speculation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. But maybe when Desmond reaches those Temples, he starts to hallucinate and starts seeing events of the distant past that happened in these temples. Maybe "Those Who Came Before" will be messaging him all the time through these hallucinations, giving him hints and guiding him throughout his journey. A very spiritual game? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Hurri211
11-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Not sure if this has already been said, but here goes.

Lucy said at the end that there is something bigger than the Templars(which would be the solar-flare-reversal-of-poles-type-thing). So I think that the Templars and Assassins, who are fighting over the pieces of Eden, have to put aside their differences and use the Pieces of Eden to save the world. Didn't Al Mualim say, even though he was a Templar, that the Assassins and Templars share the same goal?

wieetsguy
11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I found it a bit odd that in 1499 when they unlocked the codex pages and see the world map, they're surprised that there are undiscovered lands in the world, even though one would expect news to reach such a civilized society by then about Columbus' 1492 voyage (and his further voyages afterwards before 1499). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Vozlov-3-0
11-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Well the game ends in 1499 so news of the America's would of been pretty new. But i'm sure there were still plenty of places around that weren't discovered until well after anyway.

@Hurri211: At the end of the first Assassins creed (SPOILER FOR PEEPS WHO HAVENT FINISHED IT )

At the end Vidic suggest collecting all the artifacts even though they don't need them all. The unknown man stood behind the window agree's, saying something along the lines of the last thing they want are survivors causing problems for them in the 'New world'

I'd imagine they already know about the solar flare, or at least the most high up people are aware of it, and wiping out the majority of mankind whilst keeping themselves secure is part of the plan.

The plan being for the select few Templars to survive it, afterwards using the artifacts to control what remains of humanity on the surface. I think?

Bit of a psycho way to go about getting world domination but hey, whatever works right?

spartans95
11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
I have my own theory on what might happen.

Desmond will probably be going after those temples and a few pieces of Eden and will use his ancestors memories to help him with or without the animus or maybe a portable animus 3.0.

Desmond is American so the temple in America will be first. If you look on the map on page 3 there are 3 dots in america which are pieces of Eden. One is in Seattle one Las Vegas another in Washington DC and the temple seems to be in New York. These could all be new locations.

Also Abstergo are probably going to try to stop him by using the bleeding effect. At the beginning of assassins creed 2 you seen loads of animus's or animi (seriously what are they called) so what are they doing ? I think they are going to use those to train people like the assassins did to Desmond.

Also KexN's seem's to be on to something with

"I'd imagine they already know about the solar flare, or at least the most high up people are aware of it, and wiping out the majority of mankind whilst keeping themselves secure is part of the plan.The plan being for the select few Templars to survive it, afterwards using the artifacts to control what remains of humanity on the surface."

aequitas31
11-28-2009, 02:54 PM
I think the best time period for assassins creed 3 would be revolutionary Russia during the end of WW1. There were plenty of assassinations that could be made into assassinations by the assassins.

spartans95
11-28-2009, 03:01 PM
or before world war one as it was started by guess what... an assassination

tbatch
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
I totally agree with that fact that we'll be Desmond in the next game. In a way I hope we do.

However I still think we'll be revisiting both Altair and Ezio (most likely Altair, as it seemed that Ezio pupose had been fulfilled).

Even if the Animus isn't invovled it's always possible for Desmond to go back to Altair (e.g. whilst he was sleeping in AC2) because of his exposure to the animus in the first place.

It'd be cool if they were able to communicate with each other. It's not like Desmond would just be watching them, he's not in the animus anymore. Im not sure what communicating would achieve though, perhaps secrets of the tombs that hold the key to the puzzles, could be told through Altair or Ezio to Desmond.

WW2 would be such a let down and I really hope it doesn't visit this area, although visiting older ancestors of Desmond's would be pretty cool.

I reckon it'll have a big ending with all the main characters. The story is almost movie-like and it's always great to see all the characters at the end. Something about the Animus reacting with the thing the women was talking about, causing Altair and Ezio to appear and fight alongside Desmond.

HateCliffhanger
11-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Out of Curiosity can this be stickied? Or is it not that type of thread :P

nevar23
11-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Loving this thread! I'll admit I'm a little nervous about this whole solar flare twist in the plot, but just reading some of the ideas here has my mind buzzing with all the potential ways they could go.

One thing that keeps sticking in my mind is Altair's last words in the Codex: "Still: faced as I am with the prospect of my end, what harm is there in one last look..."

john63
11-28-2009, 07:51 PM
yeah nevar, when he was talking about that and wondering if the piece of eden could prolong his life, I kept wondering... Could he still be alive?

Unlikely? Sure. Not helpful, since he'd be over 800 years old? Possibly. But super awesome cameo-twist? Definitely!

I think that having Desmond as the primary character will finally give us the option of having multiplayer. Ubi's old excuse was that since we're following the genetic memories of ONE person, there would be no need for another person to be in the animus. Makes sense.

But now, without the animus, that restriction is gone. One person could be Desmond, and another could be Lucy? Or some other Assassin?

Anyway, I hope there will still be some sort of use for the Animus. It's just such a cool machine... but IDK why we would still need it. Abstergo can't force Desmond, and now he's all trained up.

nevar23
11-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah, unlikely. But the way they left it open makes me wonder if he didn't find a way to at least live longer, plus I just want to know what happened to him.

Originally posted by john63:
yeah nevar, when he was talking about that and wondering if the piece of eden could prolong his life, I kept wondering... Could he still be alive?

Unlikely? Sure. Not helpful, since he'd be over 800 years old? Possibly. But super awesome cameo-twist? Definitely!

I think that having Desmond as the primary character will finally give us the option of having multiplayer. Ubi's old excuse was that since we're following the genetic memories of ONE person, there would be no need for another person to be in the animus. Makes sense.

But now, without the animus, that restriction is gone. One person could be Desmond, and another could be Lucy? Or some other Assassin?

Anyway, I hope there will still be some sort of use for the Animus. It's just such a cool machine... but IDK why we would still need it. Abstergo can't force Desmond, and now he's all trained up.

R411hunter
11-28-2009, 08:14 PM
In my opinion, they should (Ubisoft.) continue Ezio's story arch. There are still many questions in Italy that needs to be answered such as the fate of Borgia and Ezio's Allies. (Who were greatly developed and would be a shame if they were tossed out of the window in ACIII.)

Desmond needs a bigger role. In ACII, we were promised that he would do more then just walk around. And while he did do more, he didn't do ''enough.'' We only see him for 4 times in the whole game. In ACIII, he should be the main focus.

Kom0do_Drag0n
11-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I read speculation that Ubi wants to have a female assassin character instead/as well.

Maybe, if it's in modern times, you can play as either Lucy and/or Desmond.

I hope AC3 is the finale one. Not because I am bored of it, but because I want to know the entire story. It's like the LOST tv series. I was pulling my hair out at all the mysteries surrounding it.

Unlike LOST though, which takes a week between episodes, AC takes years so I hope the next is the last.

I WANT ANSWERS!!!

wozzum
11-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Wow, what a great cliffhanger, so much to think about.

My speculations:

Adam and Eve were the first "humans" (modified to be superior to the Homo Sapiens that were around at the time) created by Minerva's people in their own image. I'm still not sure what to class the triumvirate (the 3 'gods' mentioned) as: Aliens, time travellers, or just a race that existed before humans.
Adam and Eve were created to preserve their existence and populate the earth, but they betrayed them by stealing the "apple" (maybe an early animus/knowledge bank?) and escaping to teach the world how to fight back.
The mountain at the end of 'The Truth' video is Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, East Africa. North of it is the Nile river which leads up to the pyramids.
The puzzles that unlock the video point more toward the Mayans and the end of the world caused by a solar flare from the sun in 2012.
This could work in with the 16th and 17th Century Spanish conquistador campaigns to take over Mexico and Central America.

There's an interesting story of Gonzalo Guerrero, who was a Spanish sailor shipwrecked in Mexico and taken as a slave by a Mayan Lord in 1511. He became a famous warlord for his captor, Married a rich Mayan woman and had 3 of Mexico's first 'mestizo' children (mixed ancestry).

Can't wait to see what they have planned for the next installment.

crysty1975
11-29-2009, 01:32 AM
believe me Assassins Creed 3 with the action happening in ancient Rome is an fantastic idea. I wanted action happening on emperor Roman Julius Cesar, as these murders. Any other time in human history up to 1900 is suitable for this game. But do not think I want to see Assassins Creed 3 with the action happening in the future or during WW2. Desmond to be a female character is a stupid idea. This series should not end with part 3. From my point of view is the best game. What we have seen here, as locations in real time, which I have not seen in other games, extraordinary period in world history. Do not put an end to this amazing series with Part 3. And please make an Assassins Creed with the event in ancient Rome (gladiators a good story)

mortpenguin
11-29-2009, 02:46 AM
hi guys. new to the forum as i've just finished playing ac2.

after reading so many posts in this thread, i'd like to make an input which could lead us in the correct direction.

for those ppl who are talking about ancient times as the main plot, i think it's not likely to happen since the events are in chronological order. logically the main assassin of the 3rd game should come from a time period after ac2 since by then he should have learned more abt his assassin heritage, the first civilization etc through knowledge passed down from generation to generation.

ideas like the french revolution, russian revolution are all possible and interesting ideas! perhaps references to ancient times could be made if ac3 involves modern-day temple hunting.

anw carry on with the speculation guys! makes for a nice brain-teasing read http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wieetsguy
11-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Why are people still talking about revolutions that lasted maybe a month? Seriously, guys. It's all about the eras.

I'm talking colonial era right here. Both revolutions just took a pee in a sea of pee compared to what colonialism brought to the world. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Good thing gamers aren't given the job of designing the game :P

Alexiphos
11-29-2009, 08:14 AM
From what i gather playing through AC2 and watching the Truth video several times it's become clear to me what's going to happen in the next instalment.

AC3 will take place in the past & present. For example. Desmond will be fighting Templars in the present day which was obvious from the ending. However when you step inside the anumus. You'll play as your ancestor Adam. If you listen carefully in the Truth video, Adam's voice is exactly the same as Desmonds. Not to mention their agility like skills which mimic Assassin's.

Amiright?

Impulsez
11-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Sorry if this has been said but i couldn't be bothered reading all the posts, how bout the main main character is desmond, and he has a portable animus, he uses the animus to go into different ancestors minds that will show him the locations of all the temples, in AC I you search and kill 9 people, in AC III you search and find a bunch of temples, using ur resources (animus) to do so. I wouldn't mind this as you could travel to alot of differen't countries, visit all sorts of cultures and ancestors, plus play as desmond and save the world from the sun LOL

Vozlov-3-0
11-29-2009, 09:23 AM
I like this threads momentum.

I get more ideas for how i'd like to see AC3 all the time.

I hope we end the story arc as is with AC4.

The next one I imagine/hope will be more of wandering around cities in a timeline after AC2's memories. The story being more to do with the temples and how they work. Although which timeline this could be I have no idea, although in a time with a decent mix of bladed and projectiles weapons that wouldn't change the pace for the worse.

Then during the Desmond segments we also have bleeding effects to certain events during WW2. Partly as a temple finding/story developing move, whilst introducing ballistics on a larger scale into the game. However still with gameplay that doesn't rely on them by any means.

Then for AC4 i'd like to see it as a real mess between the bleeding effects ( perhaps in the Eden times ) and current day stuff. We'd have the ballistic system working in synch with the still completely usefull blades. Whilst the story would be activating the temples whilst fighting off the Templars, whilst really bringing to life the scale of them, introducing the main antagonists ( perhaps with links to WW2 in the previous game ) and introducing the world outside, as it's supposed to be a real big mess.

Then in the end with the final temple needed we have a unbelievable ****storm of a plottwist or 3 and have a kick *** showdown with someone of equal challenge.

Oh and a multiplayer.

I hope we get more than 3 AC's as the story would easily go beyond it, and I don't want the dev's to cut out some potentially *** kicking stuff because they didn't want to drag it on to long.

I don't think we need to see anymore of Ezio, except perhaps in some flashbacks and the DLC.

RipYourSpineOut
11-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry, I skipped a majority of the pages in this thread, so I dunno if this was brought up or speculated.

You've said Subject 16 was possibly related to Desmond, due to the DNA match. Am I the only one thinking it could be his dad? He's only talked about his parents, and Desmond has never said anything about siblings, as far as I know.

mortpenguin
11-30-2009, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by wieetsguy:
Why are people still talking about revolutions that lasted maybe a month? Seriously, guys. It's all about the eras.

I'm talking colonial era right here. Both revolutions just took a pee in a sea of pee compared to what colonialism brought to the world. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Good thing gamers aren't given the job of designing the game :P

i get what u mean, but colonialism stretches over such a long period of time it is hard to use it as a setting for an ac game, unless of course there were key events that happened.

i've only studied colonialism of southeast asian countries which took place from the 1800s, so care to share with us ur colonialism ideas.

revolutions may take place in a day but the momentum they have built up takes years to gain. just like the conspiracy events in ac2, we could see the assassin helping the revolutionaries taking out smaller officials or stealing information during the planning phase before going for the big prize on the big day.

on another note, i think the scientific revolution is a good progression from ac2's timeline. it's not rly a revolution but a historic period of time when many scientific ideas were formulated. perhaps we could see some technological advances in the assassin's weaponry?

and pls dun insult gamers - ur not the only history student here.

WinKea
11-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by It_all_Began...:
Don't forget what the Animus controller girl and Lucy talked about during the brief break from the Animus mid game. They both discussed that subj 16 went insane because he couldn't tell the difference between reality and the memories. They went on to elaborate, saying that people, like subj 16, could access their dna memories awake, but that none had been able to control that. I'm sure you see where I am going with this. I think the Animus will become a moot point because Desmond will eventually be the first person able to access his dna memories at will and be able to control it.

That would be freaking epic!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

NGazelle
11-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Moving post French Revolution/Napoleon wars would ruin the AC serie. There is too much games in these periods of time.
Buck going backward in the sense of "Going to the very begining" would bring real pleasure.
Egypt (can you imagine the assassin in the pyramids looking for a glyph or avoid a Cleopatra assassination?) or South Americana Maya empire (2012 supposed end of the world by the Maya) that is also a fantastic culture with unknown mysteries and weapon...

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Haven't read the entire thread but one thought I had is that the main character we play is in fact Desmond but when in a combat situation the bleed effect will take over and superimpose an environment from the past over the one hes currently in.

Think of POE: Warrior within. You could visit one section of the palace that was old and decaying, travel back in time and its in working order. Desmond goes to a miyan tomb, they don't see any way in, bleed effect takes over and he easily finds the way in.

AronAssassin
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
I've been hearing all this about WW2 for AC3. About this i say definetly yes, however not yet. IMO from renaissance Italy to WW2 is a to big step. Now here's wat i've been thinking:

The early 1500's
The Fountain of Youth, located at the lake of the moon. A secret place in the New World(America) known only by the Aztecs. Spanish Templars hear about this and know it must be the work of some piece of eden. Together with the Conquistadore, the Templars travel to America to find this piece of eden. Ezio's son (or grandson) fully trained as an assassin by dad and/or grandad ezio. Hears about the new Templar movement and decides to go after them. The Aztecs know it all. These are their lands, their gods, their secrets.

Now this is just and idea for a next game to make the timejumps a little shorter. So how about it. A bit of Aztec magic, mixed with early spanish colonisation in a nice Caribbean Jungle scene! please comment!!

nightcobra
11-30-2009, 12:07 PM
since this series was made to be a trilogy, the third main game will most likely be about desmond and in modern times. any other time periods however will most likely appear (if they appear) as spinoffs on the psp or the ds.

Ratherrin
11-30-2009, 12:33 PM
My speculations for AC3:

Nowhere to go but forward. Desmond and Lucy and the Assassins Bunch will continue on their quest to stop Abstergo from robbing us of our beloved brains!

Alright, so what do we know? We know that Abstergo has several Pieces of Eden already. They use them frequently and they are hot on the trail to finding more. We know that the "Gods" foresaw Desmond's struggles and even his dealings in the Animus. They knew he's the one who will stop Abstergo from misusing their creations as they did, simultaneously stopping the imminent obliteration of > 90% of the population of Earth.

(Side note: if the "Gods" turn out to be aliens I'm going to be gee-darn pi**ed)

Alright, so that is what we know. So what are Desmond, Lucy, and crew going to do? Admit that success for their suicide mission is damn near impossible and just hope the Templars will let them have Hawaiian Shirt Friday in the New World?

Heavens no! It's time to fight!

So, Team Assassin needs to make their way to these temples to obtain what we can presume are PoE. We can also presume that these temples are all over the world. Travelling all over the world (and overseas) in the truck they hopped into (off-screen for whatever reason) would be most impossible, what do we need?

That's right! A plane!

An Assassin plane! We can logically deduce that the satellite launch is only weeks away. The Assassins need something that is going to get them to the temples containing the artefacts quickly. A la Assassin plane. This could be a super duper stealth jet or something of the like. This will act as a home base for most of the storyline. This plane will be loaded with the Animus 2.0 and off we are to save the world!

Alright, so we need a new ancestor, too. This, I have no speculations about. There are innumerable eras to choose from. In response to numerous speculations in this thread about there being multiple ancestors to play... I don't know. I wouldn't like this. It would ultimately make the gameplay feel scattered and hard to follow. I think we need one new hero. And his own timeline that will support the modern-day story. As long as it follows in the footsteps of AC2, that's fine (improving on the core elements but leaving them unchanged. Keeping the fun assassination moves, awesome combat with countless awesome counterattacks and counterkills, all with sweet camera angles, free-running is 50% of the game for me, and of course the trademark of the game: SOCIAL STEALH!)

Then we'll have the temples in modern day. So far, modern day play has been straightforward. None of the cool Animus effects that make the screen jitter in an awesome way. No HUD. No nothing, really. I can only hope Ubisoft does not continue with this. The temples could act as the Assassins Crypts in the first game. Only now we could make them bigger. There could be fantastic climbing puzzles (with the cool camera angles that I loved). There could be lots of combat, lots of chases. Strategic assassinations. This could be so much fun.

And for the modern day we could stick with the hidden blade, as it is a main trademark of the franchise. We could fight with the batons that we saw in AC2. Those are a fine adaptation to modern combat. Maybe add a few other weapons that handle differently and have lots of cool counter animations. And perhaps to explain the lack of guns*, we could simply say that the PoE creates a specific magnetic field that causes firearms to malfunction or explode, making them too dangerous to bring in to the temples because they could kill their own or damage the artefact. Or, for simply that reason: that Abstergo is afraid of their guards will misfire and damage an artefact, rendering Abstergo's plot entirely useless. That guard would be... SO fired when they got home.

These are my speculations and nothing more. This is where I think the game could go, and if it did I think it'd be great. Do tell me what you think!

*- Yes, I'm saying lack of guns because there will be no guns in AC3. If they did that then the Ubisoft director who made that choice will need to be publicly shamed. I'm thinking we could bring back the stocks, and everyone can throw rotten fruit at him/her.

yadejenlo
11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
ubisoft:
PLEASE make the next game in modern times, maybe some bleeding effect areas but the amount of modern time would be the amount you spent inside the animus and the amount you spend as desmond would be the amount of bleeding effect areas.
PLEASE ubisoft, let us use cars and stuff(not helicopters though) because as prototype and crackdown have proved us, climbing is still more fun, and since desmond absorbed both ezios and altairs abilities, i think he should be able to free run faster and jump higher

Vozlov-3-0
11-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Previous page guy: Reading about your ideas on how the Mayan's could be brought in, as i'd really like to see it but couldn't figure how you could make it into a game. Colonial Spanish would kick ***, although how the freerunning could be incorportated well without the infrastructure could be the breaking point. Although if we had more interaction with the vegetation ( as i think ubi have been thinking ) than it could make an interesting change.

Just had an idea though that hasn't been thought about... What about Altair son? The one we change to during the bleeding effect? The possibilities!
Yadejenlo I don't think we have the scale to be using cars and such effectivley, outside of scripted one time events anyway.

yadejenlo
11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
i honestly would not care if AC turned into a shooter, i mean ubisoft knew from the very beginning that if they want us to play as desmond in modern times, well modern times=guns

gregt662
12-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Maybe abstergo uses a sort of EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) to stop the assassins using guns but on the downside they can't use guns either and it disrupts the animus from working too...

But on the upside desmond can relive memories randomly.

(thats just for the lack of guns)

My speculation is for Desmond to get a hold of a piece of eden and have a sort of deja vu/flashback of an ancestor from the peak of the Ottoman empire holding the same piece of eden(which is Ezio's youngest son(Ezio goes to turkey after thinking what minerva says was weird and goes to find this "Desmond" person) his first son is recruited into king Sulimens army)and then desmond goes back into the animus to find out where and how his ancestor got a hold of the piece of eden...

or something like that. (I'm not good at wording things. LOL)

XD
PEACE

Redfeather1975
12-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Maybe this was brought up before, I did not read all the posts. But do you guys think Altair is still alive?

In his codex pages he says he sent the apple to Cyprus to keep it safe. And in his last codex page he says his time is coming to an end and he is tempted to give the apple one last look.

Maybe he went back to Cyprus, and gave in to the apple and achieved a longer lifespan. He could have then stayed on the island to await the Prophet, because there is no reason to think he didn't know about all that since the Brotherhood all came know about it somehow.

I really wish I could replay the memory sequence where the ship from Cyprus comes back with the apple on it. I got a monkey on my back thinking you may actually be able to see Altair in disguise in that part of the game. That he is keeping tabs on the apple until he is sure it gets to the Prophet.

He would be a guy with a scar on his lip. That is the only real way to tell. The only problem is that part of the game is under very strict time constraints.

CabbageBadger
12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Firstly can anyone see the similarities between the impending doom for the planet revealed at the end of AC2 and the plot of the film 2012?

Secondly it is my belief that probably the only things in the temples is information and you need PoEs to access them therefore I think that they will be accessed via the animus, through different time periods via different ancestors, and that will be its inclusion in the game, especially if the temples ore the 7 wonders of the world of which many are gone.

As for Desmond in the real world it will be about keeping their operation going, IE finding temples in animus, almost like the matrix. Assassinating templars who get in the way and also to gain PoEs to stop the templar master plan. I can however see the inclusion of guns because it is logical but probably only limited to maybe small handguns because anything bigger would be impractical for agility and stealth which could make it more realistic without ruining it.

Overall I think it is entirely possible that they meet other cells of assassins and only find one or two temples. I am sure it wont end at number 3 and i still think it has a lot of plot twists and turns left and it will be unpredictable.

It would also be nice to see maybe more than one assassin in the animus at once so co-op with either an NPC or another player.

Also the video of subject 16 was from an animus session, is it possible the templars already know this or that we could end up going back there at some point in number 3 or 4?

CabbageBadger
12-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Just had a brainwave, in one of the codex pages Altair says that through the apple you can see into the future, probably how Minerva knows about Desmond and the solar flare. What if they somehow used the apple in conjunction with the animus to go into the future for an interesting twist: in trying to save most of the population you play as a future descendant of Desmond in a ruined society trying to find out exactly what happened and how to stop it, could provide some interesting game play and stop the series from becomming repetitive.

P.S could people please stop suggesting that the assassins and the templars working together would be a good idea because i just isn't, frankly i cant think a more unimaginative and cheesy thing for ubi to do especially considering the complete originality of the series so far.

Hatzego
12-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by gregt662:
Maybe abstergo uses a sort of EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) to stop the assassins using guns but on the downside they can't use guns either and it disrupts the animus from working too...

But on the upside desmond can relive memories randomly.

(thats just for the lack of guns)

My speculation is for Desmond to get a hold of a piece of eden and have a sort of deja vu/flashback of an ancestor from the peak of the Ottoman empire holding the same piece of eden(which is Ezio's youngest son(Ezio goes to turkey after thinking what minerva says was weird and goes to find this "Desmond" person) his first son is recruited into king Sulimens army)and then desmond goes back into the animus to find out where and how his ancestor got a hold of the piece of eden...

or something like that. (I'm not good at wording things. LOL)

XD
PEACE

EMPs disrupt electrical devices. Guns however work on mechanisms. Good idea though.

Vozlov-3-0
12-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Imo, cutting out guns due to some vague storlyline doesn't work for me. Although changing the pace i'l admit from completely blades to adding projectiles is a very important concern as brought up by those who have. I still think projectiles could be worked in well.

MPSai
12-02-2009, 04:58 PM
A more simple way to explain the lack of guns is they've been banned by 2012. Or rendered obsolete somehow. I mean it'd still be a little weak but it'd be a simpler explanation. I do prefer swords and ancient settings to guns, which is why I'd be a bit sad for AC3 to be set in the future (at least entirely.) Desmond also doesn't really have a whole lot of personality in my opinion.

AssassinGamer91
12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
Maybe this was brought up before, I did not read all the posts. But do you guys think Altair is still alive?

In his codex pages he says he sent the apple to Cyprus to keep it safe. And in his last codex page he says his time is coming to an end and he is tempted to give the apple one last look.

Maybe he went back to Cyprus, and gave in to the apple and achieved a longer lifespan. He could have then stayed on the island to await the Prophet, because there is no reason to think he didn't know about all that since the Brotherhood all came know about it somehow.

I really wish I could replay the memory sequence where the ship from Cyprus comes back with the apple on it. I got a monkey on my back thinking you may actually be able to see Altair in disguise in that part of the game. That he is keeping tabs on the apple until he is sure it gets to the Prophet.

He would be a guy with a scar on his lip. That is the only real way to tell. The only problem is that part of the game is under very strict time constraints. that could be interesting like maybe Desmond goes to one of these temples and Altair is inside doing stuff kinda like Jacob on LOST BTW i hope in AC3 that they don't cut out Altair or Ezio completely i liked reading about Altair in AC2

yadejenlo
12-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by KexN:
Imo, cutting out guns due to some vague storlyline doesn't work for me. Although changing the pace i'l admit from completely blades to adding projectiles is a very important concern as brought up by those who have. I still think projectiles could be worked in well.

yeah i mean it will change the combat but i mean dont you trust ubisoft?

Millhouse3rd
12-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by gregt662:

Can't be done, guns are mechanical thus suffering no effect from EMP. But this is a social stealthgame, you can't walk into the streets with a gun in hand, so most likely the only gun you'll be using will a supressed pistol.

Ascorius
12-03-2009, 12:52 PM
As far as I have heard AC will be a trilogy. And if so, and if the storyline is to reach a climax, alot of the story in AC3 has to be in present time. Desmond cannot interact with the world or change anything by using the animus. The animus can only help him gather information. Now he has been given a task. Something given to him especially. I cannot see any other solution than having Desmond play a large part in the story.

Personally I dont think present time would ruin anything about the game as a whole. There are tons of areas that would be cool to see in a game, areas we have seldom or never seen even. Guns wouldnt really ruin anything, but actually increase gameplay since enemy numbers would matter (I hate that you can easily fight off 25 enemies at a time in AC1-2), its supposed to be about stealthkills anyways. Leap of faith down skyscrapers with a rappellingline (then you could even choose which way you wanted to go down). And if the designers wanted some forced close combat sequences they can always invent some reason for the enemies to want Desmond alive.

Desmonds kills could be with a hidden blade, stabbing someone trough the spine and heart is a sure kill compared to most other methods. Daggers and a hidden gun would also work well. Swords could be switched out by a retractable club like you have at the ending.

All in all I think modern gadgets could really freshen up the parkour, and I think they could keep the cool atmosphere for the most part if they picked cool locations.

That being said: Alot of people are thinking about special eras/locations in the past. But then they would need a reason for Desmond to visit that ancestor in that timeperiod. The story now revolves around stopping the templars and finding these temples because the world might come to an end. So why would Desmond go to the french revolution, or the colonial era to find these temples? Im not saying that Ubi couldnt concoct a reason for this, Im just saying that most people pick an era they feel could fit with the AC vibe or because its one of the locations on a map, without thinking of a reason for Desmond to "travel there". AC1= desmond is in the animus because the templars wants the locations of the pieces of eden. AC2= desmond is in the animus because he needs training and because they want to find out why 16 was so fixated on italy. AC3= desmond will probably use the animus or bleeding effect to find the temples, but Im having a hard time seeing him using just one ancestor to find them all.

D3adR3ckoning
12-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I don't if anyone has thought of this yet but what if Altair's armour can deflect bullets? Didn't he say he forged it with the golden fleece? Just seems like it would fit.

yadejenlo
12-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Ascorius:
As far as I have heard AC will be a trilogy. And if so, and if the storyline is to reach a climax, alot of the story in AC3 has to be in present time. Desmond cannot interact with the world or change anything by using the animus. The animus can only help him gather information. Now he has been given a task. Something given to him especially. I cannot see any other solution than having Desmond play a large part in the story.

Personally I dont think present time would ruin anything about the game as a whole. There are tons of areas that would be cool to see in a game, areas we have seldom or never seen even. Guns wouldnt really ruin anything, but actually increase gameplay since enemy numbers would matter (I hate that you can easily fight off 25 enemies at a time in AC1-2), its supposed to be about stealthkills anyways. Leap of faith down skyscrapers with a rappellingline (then you could even choose which way you wanted to go down). And if the designers wanted some forced close combat sequences they can always invent some reason for the enemies to want Desmond alive.

Desmonds kills could be with a hidden blade, stabbing someone trough the spine and heart is a sure kill compared to most other methods. Daggers and a hidden gun would also work well. Swords could be switched out by a retractable club like you have at the ending.

All in all I think modern gadgets could really freshen up the parkour, and I think they could keep the cool atmosphere for the most part if they picked cool locations.

That being said: Alot of people are thinking about special eras/locations in the past. But then they would need a reason for Desmond to visit that ancestor in that timeperiod. The story now revolves around stopping the templars and finding these temples because the world might come to an end. So why would Desmond go to the french revolution, or the colonial era to find these temples? Im not saying that Ubi couldnt concoct a reason for this, Im just saying that most people pick an era they feel could fit with the AC vibe or because its one of the locations on a map, without thinking of a reason for Desmond to "travel there". AC1= desmond is in the animus because the templars wants the locations of the pieces of eden. AC2= desmond is in the animus because he needs training and because they want to find out why 16 was so fixated on italy. AC3= desmond will probably use the animus or bleeding effect to find the temples, but Im having a hard time seeing him using just one ancestor to find them all.

i agree 100% with you man theres no reason to back in the past just maybe some bleeding effect areas but they cant take more that 10% of the game, come on forum, you know AC3 will be great with guns

Millhouse3rd
12-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by D3adR3ckoning:
I don't if anyone has thought of this yet but what if Altair's armour can deflect bullets? Didn't he say he forged it with the golden fleece? Just seems like it would fit.

Nope, he merely mentioned the greek myth of the golden fleece wbile describing the strenght of his armor. Back in his time, the armor was strongest alloy he could think of.

HateCliffhanger
12-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Could desmond be Subject 16? This is just a theory of mine. Subject 16, and desmond both have the same voice (as seen in the glyhs and truth video). I am basing this off that when you first start off plaing Assassins Creed I, Desmond pretty much starts off in the Animus. Could...perhaps one day in the Animus had lost his memory, after he had wrote on the walls with his blood? Perhaps too much time in the Animus gave him amnesia, and lucy and and vidic were keeping it a secret. Is this a possible possibility?

masterfenix2009
12-03-2009, 09:32 PM
whyyoustaring, forgive me if i dont put what you wrote in this but ramember in the credits desmond goes back in the animus

HateCliffhanger
12-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Bump for more ideas.

honter1
12-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I FINALLY read throught all the post, they're, for the most part, amazing!

Now a little bit of my opinion.
First: Ubisoft is already thinking of new time periods for AC3, meaning we will very likely go back to the Animus or the bleeding effect. Besides they DO want to make more than 3 ACs and if the series keeps getting money, then they probably will.

Sencond: Corey May (sciptwriter of AC1-2) doesn't like the idea of a WW2 setting, neither do i. Not beacuse it is impossible, not because it will be bad, but because if there are going to be guns they'll keep it to the last game (Desmond) as a mindblowing gameplay-twist, that doesn't mean it'll transfor into a shooter, nor a splinter cell game.
Modern day melle weapons are perfectly comparable/replaced to previous ones take the sword replaced by the stick-thing we saw on AC2.

Third: I tink what Minerva wants Desmond to do is finding the Temples through the Animus and that they wold nothing else than more info. But we should find more PoE in order to do so.

Fourth:I believe Desmond is going to reveal a conspiracy inside the assassins organization, and begin fighting both Templars and high command Hassassins (whether with or without "the crew") in order to save the world.

Fifth and final (for now): guns wont be restricted in modern days (I think) remember AC1 assassins attempt to rescue Desmond? what was that sound in the intercom? right GUNS both from Templars and assassins (I believe). SO they will just have to find a way to introduce firearms without messing up the gameplay.

I wouldn't like if Desmonds story ended in AC3, but i do not see how a 2012 end of the world story would work on a game released on 2015 right?
Thats all I can remember right now. Comment.

Millhouse3rd
12-06-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by honter1:

Fifth and final (for now): guns wont be restricted in modern days (I think) remember AC1 assassins attempt to rescue Desmond? what was that sound in the intercom? right GUNS both from Templars and assassins (I believe). SO they will just have to find a way to introduce firearms without messing up the gameplay.

Guns are feasible, they'll have to get some help from the Splinter Cell dev team though.

Millhouse3rd
12-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Could desmond be Subject 16? This is just a theory of mine. Subject 16, and desmond both have the same voice (as seen in the glyhs and truth video). I am basing this off that when you first start off plaing Assassins Creed I, Desmond pretty much starts off in the Animus. Could...perhaps one day in the Animus had lost his memory, after he had wrote on the walls with his blood? Perhaps too much time in the Animus gave him amnesia, and lucy and and vidic were keeping it a secret. Is this a possible possibility?

No, they don't have the same voice. Listen again. Nolan North voices Desmond, and Cam Clarke (aka James Flinders) voices Subject 16.

HateCliffhanger
12-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Thread Necromancy for mroe ideas.

jayshock
12-12-2009, 08:23 PM
I really think playing only as Desmond would take away from the whole affect of the game. I mean living through the life of his ancestors and watching or perhaps making history as you go along is key to this game. Using primative weapons such as swords, hammers, spears, ect. If it were just Desmond in our time it would be no more than any other stealth action game out there. I mean it would be great to have more Desmond play in real time, but not the whole game. I mean he has the map know to find the other temples, but he may however need to go back to the time in question for each temple. Lets just say those temples are not there in real time anymore, i mean technology and architecture of our time has taken over these areas. SO the only way to explore these temples and get the answers and possible other pieces out there, is to do so in that time period. For as you know the only way Desmond found the pieces of eden, the codex pages which then revealed the map and recieved his message from the gods was in the animus as Ezio in his time. So the same may remain, and being these temples are all over the world it would be cool to go to these places in the 16th,17th,18th centuries. Also as far as the alot of people speculating over the AC 3 in revolutionary or WW1 and 2 era, that would be a little pointless and take away from the AC story and original gameplay, i mean it might as well just be another war game at that. I also would want to see i Desomnd work his way to an assassination as well, maybe he can kill the modern day templar leader, hey, he know has the skills. My final theory which may be very likely is Desmond after AC 2 is fading in and out of reality and aniums, maybe his brain overloads and he drifts in and out of different memories of other assassins, at various times all focued around the temples, thats how the game is played, no animus or very little animus, just playing as Desmond, in search of modern day templar leaders and temples, and then boom, he finds himself in the memory of an ancestor, which is the key to aid Desmond in his journey.

thekyle0
12-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Why is this thread still going? It's been made clear here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1581091808) that this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497/p/1) thread is supposed to be the only active thread dealing with AC3 speculation.

pennnguin
12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
When you play after the ending for ACII, you're doing so while traveling. Desmond isn't a "complete" assassin yet, the game mentions that you gain Ezio's agility and combat abilities, but I don't remember it mentioning anything else. Thus, I believe that you might continue to us the animus to develop those skills, along with possibly finding out about the temples and other pieces of eden (possibly needed to open them). So, I think the animus will continue to be a factor.

Also, it's probably likely the side-effect of the animus will play a role. It's most likely that Desmond will be able to control it and make him into "like the most awesome person EVER!!!." I'd rather see him not have complete control over him, and struggle to keep himself from it controlling him. By having fade-ins (maybe they're triggered by familiar locations) where his consciousness merges, like when Lucy's testing you, but instead of being random they overlap somewhat with what's currently happening. They could work both positively (leading you to a certain place, kind of like an alternate Eagle Vision) or negatively (like the malaria attacks in Far Cry 2. Or random dream sections like the one with Altair.

Please no machine guns, please, please, please. Not for Desmond anyways. Since you have no synchro bar if you where playing as Desmond, what would be awesome is if it played similarly to how Arkham Asylum played with multiple armed guards. If they're armed and they get a bead on you, you're pretty much dead. So, you have to use stealth and your ability to think and move like an assassin to offset that. At the most give Desmond a sniper that'd be similar to the pistol in AC II.

CC1138
12-14-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't think we'll have a full AC III going on in the present days (2012). Because the genetic memory, "time travels" with the Animus things are a core part of the game along with the Parkour mechanic and the Hidden Blade.
I think since Desmond and the others have no time to go check those temples, he'll use again the Animus to go to the other temples through his ancestors.
But definitely, the series won't end in the memory world and Desmond will have to act!

BK-110
12-14-2009, 03:54 AM
I think the game will most likely focus on Desmond a lot more. But I still think it will feature the Animus. There is one theory out there (don't know if it's been mentioned already), that the game might let you step into the life of a Assassin disguised as a conquistador traveling the world to find the remaining Pieces of Eden while having to deal with the Templars that do the same thing. This sounds quite reasonable to me.

crysty1975
12-14-2009, 08:45 AM
I hope Assassin's Creed does not end the series with Part 3, should be much more parts. What I like about Assassin's Creed is that you can see periods in history. I read all sorts of ideas for action in Part 3 to take place now or in the future, it seems a stupid idea. This game is special just because you can meet, see the locations of ancient times to know a part of history.
I hope to continue on the same line, historical.

Yo_Damien
12-14-2009, 09:46 PM
there is a lot of talk about the third game being played in the majority as being desmong.
may i remind people about the pieces of eden. the three pieces that are talked about alot are the apple, staff and sword. The first two have the apple and the staff. How about the sword?
Heres my posthttp://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/1911078518 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1911078518)
read it through and comment there or here i dont mind. I think that the game will consist to a 6:4 ratio of animus to desmond. and the animus will be played out in medieval japan. More information on that is in my link.
The series I think will be played out over 5 games. The third consisting with filling in the gaps and of course the sword of eden.
what are your thoughts?

Yo_Damien
12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
there is a lot of talk about the third game being played in the majority as being desmong.
may i remind people about the pieces of eden. the three pieces that are talked about alot are the apple, staff and sword. The first two have the apple and the staff. How about the sword?
Heres my posthttp://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/1911078518
read it through and comment there or here i dont mind. I think that the game will consist to a 6:4 ratio of animus to desmond. and the animus will be played out in medieval japan. More information on that is in my link.
The series I think will be played out over 5 games. The third consisting with filling in the gaps and of course the sword of eden.
what are your thoughts?

Avl521
12-14-2009, 09:58 PM
please don't double post, use the edit button... if you have sth to edit... hmmm I'm actually not to excited about AC in japan, IIRC developers wanted to set these games in time periods that weren't over done... but who knows, I just trust Ubi is gonna do an awesome job with the next gam.

abaum14
12-28-2009, 11:16 PM
ok guys heres a crazy idea. The truth video at the end shows "adam and eve" holding a piece of eden. this is availible by unlocking subject 16s codes. so what if thats one of 16s memories. what if he is a direct descendent of adam and eve. What if the area they are shown running through is the "garden of eden" and AC3 will take place at least partly in the garden of eden. as well as that futuristic city. Yes, im suggesting Adam was an Assassin, and whatever was chasing them in the video is a person, think early Templar. Sounds crazy but it certainly would be an interesting plot twist.

DavidT12345
12-29-2009, 12:56 AM
(just read thread about multiple assassin's) What if they used the six assassin's whose tombs we needed to find 2 get altiair armor? That b sick i think then we no why thy so special. or sumthin 2 tht extent

DavidT12345
12-29-2009, 01:07 AM

Right so wat if say the PoEs turnedf into really amazing assassin wepons, the SWORD the STAFF/Spear thing and the apple which culd turn into some sort of firearm, this way it wuldnt deviate frokm the gameplay because it involves the PoEs. Just a thought...

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-29-2009, 06:43 AM
ok some crazy random toughts.

Like the "Holy Grail" the "Ark of the Covenant" is reigious artifact. Said to be located in Ethiopia. But other place around the globe are mentioned.

One Piece of Eden could be robbed by Muslims like the Holy Cross and found their way throughout history to different leaders.

Or another idea would be, one piece of eden got robbed in Constantinople by crusaders and found its way into europe, like other reliqious artifactes spread throughout Europe.

The Holy Lance and the Globus cruciger are also good artifacts. Especially the Globus cruciger.

See http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...l_Orb_of_the_HRE.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ee/Imperial_Orb_of_the_HRE.jpg/450px-Imperial_Orb_of_the_HRE.jpg) can fit as an apple, piece of eden

Both were used by holy roman emperors and are today located in Vienna.

some examples

Charlemagne http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi..._karl_der_grosse.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/D%C3%BCrer_karl_der_grosse.jpg)

Sigismund http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...t_D%C3%BCrer_082.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer_082.jpg/321px-Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer_082.jpg)

Franz http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...Streitenfeld_001.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Ludwig_Streitenfeld_001.jpg)

Globus cruciger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globus_cruciger

Holy Lance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H..._.28Hofburg_spear.29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Lance#Vienna_Lance_.28Hofburg_spear.29)

abaum14
12-29-2009, 12:34 PM
i dont think thats possible. It is suggested that the grail and such were made up by the templars to make people forget about PoE. I think the adam and eve video is being overlooked. I think Adam was the earliest Assassin. He rebelled along with eve against the first civilization (futuristic looking city) Because he had that piece of eden, he and eve survived the solar flare, which is near. In the truth video, they are being chased by members of the first civilization, early Templars. Also it is shown through the memory of 16, leading me to assume he is a bloodline descendent of adam and eve. whether or nor adam will be playable in ac3 i dont know, but i do think what gets revealed about adam and eve will greatly impact ac3

UBOSOFT-Gamer
12-30-2009, 03:16 AM
well were just some ideas http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif whatever they will do in AC3 of course they will not and they can not be 100% realistic, i understand, and 100% relasitic would ruin may the game but i hope they go as far realstic as pssoible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Especially with locations and such, environement, etc.

A secret Moonstation maybe? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif *joke* NASA is templar organisation, lol.

If they do King Arthur, they should stay then in the time about 500 after christ and not go later. But thats just me.

The same goes with Sigurd. I guess it is about Siegfried, altough it isn't 100% the same
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigurd

Mayas or Atlantis or even Eden with Adam and Eve, may only appears within short ingame videos. Or you will play it possibly within some short scenes?

I would like to play longer in a time period, like in AC1 and AC2 and wouldn't like to switch in short intervalls through different places in different times.

But i wouldn't mind if the AC3 character would visit different countries, as long as he stays in the same time period.

SBLAZE247
04-28-2010, 04:08 AM
There MUST be guns on AC3. there is no way that you can cut out something like that but should have it toned down.

E.G. in a room of people they could be armed with pistols,machine guns etc and you as Desmond can run up to one of them, snatch the gun out of his hand an use him as a human shield killing the rest, then dropping the gun. Guns should be disposable and not silent. Im sure there will be throwing knives or crossbow or something and lets face it, a thug with a gun is NO match for a highly trained assassin and a throwing knive!

IMO i think AC3 should focus ALOT more on Desmond and that there will be NO animus as the developers said they want to edge away from it, hence the bleeding effect which im sure will feature heavily. I think Vid**** will definitly die brutally by Desmond. One of the assassins MUST die but doubt Lucy as she connects the games well and personally i like her character. Dont really like shaun or that other women who works the animus.

The 'theory' that Desmond is decendant from adam and eve seems generally accepted which makes sense.

One thing bugging me (if someone knows why please let me know) is that if Minvera or whatever her name is, was the one controlling the humans in the A & E truth video, this would show she is happy that humans were slaves so why would she want to save humans if she knows her race is dying? Compassion, maybe. Im sure if a 'master race' was dying the last thing they would worry about is the survival of something they created as to use them as forced labour they wouldnt care about their 'rights' or feelings or being caused pain. They would have been used as biological machinery.

Anyway i would love it if they used the bleeding effect alot to go to many ancestors. It would be good to play an assassin killing Genkis Khan with a bow, then to kill hitler when he tries to escape. AC3 could be amazing depending on how this works out. I hope they can do alot of DLC of extra assassinations so even when the game is done there are alot of things left to do as technicaly there is an infinite number of missions that can be done.

Anyway soz for the longish post and cant wait til AC3 comes out HOPEFULLY this year!

Murcuseo
04-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by SBLAZE247:
There MUST be guns on AC3. there is no way that you can cut out something like that but should have it toned down.

E.G. in a room of people they could be armed with pistols,machine guns etc and you as Desmond can run up to one of them, snatch the gun out of his hand an use him as a human shield killing the rest, then dropping the gun. Guns should be disposable and not silent. Im sure there will be throwing knives or crossbow or something and lets face it, a thug with a gun is NO match for a highly trained assassin and a throwing knive!

IMO i think AC3 should focus ALOT more on Desmond and that there will be NO animus as the developers said they want to edge away from it, hence the bleeding effect which im sure will feature heavily. I think Vid**** will definitly die brutally by Desmond. One of the assassins MUST die but doubt Lucy as she connects the games well and personally i like her character. Dont really like shaun or that other women who works the animus.

The 'theory' that Desmond is decendant from adam and eve seems generally accepted which makes sense.

One thing bugging me (if someone knows why please let me know) is that if Minvera or whatever her name is, was the one controlling the humans in the A & E truth video, this would show she is happy that humans were slaves so why would she want to save humans if she knows her race is dying? Compassion, maybe. Im sure if a 'master race' was dying the last thing they would worry about is the survival of something they created as to use them as forced labour they wouldnt care about their 'rights' or feelings or being caused pain. They would have been used as biological machinery.

Anyway i would love it if they used the bleeding effect alot to go to many ancestors. It would be good to play an assassin killing Genkis Khan with a bow, then to kill hitler when he tries to escape. AC3 could be amazing depending on how this works out. I hope they can do alot of DLC of extra assassinations so even when the game is done there are alot of things left to do as technicaly there is an infinite number of missions that can be done.

Anyway soz for the longish post and cant wait til AC3 comes out HOPEFULLY this year!

So to summarize...

Anyone you don't like should die, some guns, Hitler should be in it... no animus and lots of DLC... that about right? lol

SBLAZE247
04-28-2010, 04:27 AM
A secret Moonstation maybe? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif *joke* NASA is templar organisation, lol.

Hmmm. Very much doubt it would be on a moonstation but like the idea of NASA being connected to ABSTERGO as would help explain how the hell they can launch satellites without anyone knowing. I have a feeling the satellite/s will be launched with the peice/s of eden. It might turn out that ABSTERGO are aware of the solar flare and know that only the peices of eden can stop it. Lucy said assassins and templars have the same goal but different ways of acheiving it. so i think templars are attempting to control the world while saving the planet at the same time. Contrary to many opinions that they launch the satellites before the solar flare to control the surviving population must be wrong as im sure the PoE would not be affected but the satellites themselves would be destroyed leaving the peices floating about in space.

SBLAZE247
04-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBLAZE247:

So to summarize...

Anyone you don't like should die, some guns, Hitler should be in it... no animus and lots of DLC... that about right? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much!

To clarify, I dont want people to die because i dont like them but because lets face it someone WILL die and I would rather it be someone who doesnt do much and we as the player dont really care about than killing of Lucy who people would be p***ed off at after investing and expecting so much.

So to summarize,

crap = gonna die
important = lives

No opinon on the Minvera question?

El_Sjietah
04-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Romans treated their slaves very well actually. It's not good business to turn those you depend upon against you. Learn your history.

SBLAZE247
04-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBLAZE247:

Romans treated their slaves very well actually. It's not good business to turn those you depend upon against you. Learn your history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well I am refering to the fact that the race previous to humans were dying so would want to help humans who were their slaves.

I think you have to read my question before you can tell me to learn history. unless the romans were dying out and saved all their slaves I dont see what relevence your point makes.

They probably did treat them well but im sure if all the romans were dying off they would rather try to save themselves than help the slaves. There is no way anyone who treats someone lower than themselves would help them instead of themselves.

BTW nice sig!

Murcuseo
04-28-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm only speculating but seeing as Minervas race modeled humans from their own image you might think they'd come to look on them as their children rather than slaves... even if they did keep them as "slaves" and put them to work you'd think they'd grow some kind of attachment lol

I've also just noticed theres a big rock at the end of "The Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfA1Da8R2pU)" video that looks like Uluru (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uluru) in Australia... I could be wrong :P

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/151194445_26c3f231fe.jpg

I was also wondering if its actually Minerva who is holding the Apple when they climb passed the window... dressed very much like an Assassin....

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad255/Murcuseo/Capture-1.jpg

You can see the silhouette on the left hand side, just incase you're blind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

El_Sjietah
04-28-2010, 01:39 PM

well I am refering to the fact that the race previous to humans were dying so would want to help humans who were their slaves.

I think you have to read my question before you can tell me to learn history. unless the romans were dying out and saved all their slaves I dont see what relevence your point makes.

They probably did treat them well but im sure if all the romans were dying off they would rather try to save themselves than help the slaves. There is no way anyone who treats someone lower than themselves would help them instead of themselves.

BTW nice sig!

Well, you do have a point there, but since they created us I'd like to think we meant more to them than mere tools. It's like humans creating an entire new species to work for us. We'd see them as inferior, but we'd also have some maternal instincts to protect and nurish them. Or not. No way to tell for sure of course.

Sorry for my previous reply btw. That came off a little harsher than intended.

And thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: I really should read all new posts before replying to one. Robson said pretty much the same thing I'm trying to say.

But the mountain looks more like Kilimonjaro to me tbh, which is also the general consensus on the wiki.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091129051217/assassinscreed/images/d/dd/Mt_Kilimanjaro.jpg

hollywood2407
04-28-2010, 06:01 PM
I dont know if anyone else mentioned this but there are 6 other statues of assassins in the basement of the villa where you place the tablets you get from the tombs. Maybe you play as one or all of them, they're from mongolia, persia, china, egypt, babylonia, and rome. All that matters to me is that there arent any guns because that would ruin the whole game for me.

hollywood2407
04-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Or it'd be nice just to continue off of AC2, since it has gone into the 1500s and Columbus has discovered the new world, maybe Ezio or his son gets to go to north, south, or central america. or something like that

JohnConnor2012
04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Odd how this discussion is running parrallel to the other AC3 thread.

Having been told about 'AC2.5: Brotherhood', I rather doubt we'll be seeing Ezio again after that, let alone in the New World (interesting though it'd be to see a geriatric Ezio taking on Cortez, bouncing around ancient Mexico).

There's a lot of talk about an Animus 3.0 / French Revolution ancestor if it isn't pure Desmond in the 21st century. If we believe Dan Brown (ho, ho!), there are plenty of POE scattered around Paris, esp. under the Louvre (still a royal palace at this time). Downsides include (1) musketry and (2) not many historical assassinations in this period unless Charlotte Cordey was Desmond's ancestor too.

My 2p's worth on this: remember Asbergos is a pharmaceutical company. The 'Babylonian' glyph in Venice makes a lot of reprogramming humanity to their project via neurons. Maybe we'll be looking at a global 'Templar drugs in the water supply' type plot in AC3, as well as Dessie racing them for all those POE?

DotCS
04-30-2010, 08:16 AM
I read somewhere (not sure where) that later in life, Altair travelled to Mongolia.

I'm kind of hoping that in the next Assassin's Creed, you'll be going back into the Animus to a period inbetween the first two games, and while in there you'll detail the later half of Altair's life, how he wrote the codex, and how the Assassins spread out across the world and hid themselves amongst society.

A couple of pages back, someone talked about Desmond "communicating" with Altair or Ezio. This sounds like a cool idea, but instead another way this could be done is that Desmond takes control of an ancestor that has contact with Altair and throughout most of the game acts as an "apprentice" of sorts to Altair, communicating with him details about the codex and stuff, and possibly temple locations that could help Desmond in modern times.

This also gives the story a chance to expand Altair's mostly boring personality into something more on par with Ezio.

Then at the end, perhaps after Altair's death, the apprentice takes the deceased Altair's codex to Marco Polo, who then takes it back to Italy.

godsmack_darius
05-02-2010, 08:15 PM
SPOILERS

The Auditore family have nothin to do with the assassin order at all. Remember Auditore family crypt?

Ezio great great (and maybe another great) grnfather travelled with Dnate, but then he got himself into a bad situation on the sea, wife was killed, he tried to go back to where ever he was from, meet up with his dad and marco polo, but they were already dead from unknown reason probably old age. so he went to Firenze or Monteriggionni. And took refuge with some noblemen, with name Auditore and thats how he got the name. I forget the rest, Not sure if it is accurate, but Maria And Altair have nothing to do with Subject 16 and Auditore family http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DexLuther
05-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Aiten89:
Personally i can see them looking into the things revealed in 'The Truth' video.

In it you see two people, one male, one female 'escaping' from some high tech facility. They have the apple piece of eden and the female is reffered to as eve.

I think you will go back and play through those times, whether or not it will be a long part of the game i dont know but it is the most interesting thing i found...

I like this idea. It would also open a door to let players have the option of playing as a male or female character.

My friend kind of gave me an idea. Due to the fact using guns might ruin the game. What if the entire Assasisin V. Templar War was fought in an Animus of kind of like a world wide web.

I can kind of see that happening. Desmond using Animus 3.0, reliving an ancestors memories, and as you are about to complete a mission a mysterious figure intervenes.

We learn that the mysterious figure who keeps showing up is a Templar assassin, or it doesn't even have to be revealed what faction this person belongs to. It could be some outside 3rd faction (oo twist!). All that matters is that we find out that the other assassin is actually being controlled by someone in another Animus that is somehow able to connect to the Animus that Desmond is using. What's worse is that this person is trying to force changes in the memories by doing things that never happened. Like stopping you from completing a mission that your ancestor was supposed to have completed. Like when you kill civilians only this desync actually corrupts the memory. This way succeeding or failing a mission can affect the path you take through the storyline.

mjn_mje
05-06-2010, 12:51 PM
At first when I saw Assassin's Creed 1, I thought it would be a nice game espacially when I saw how they made it assassination methods and art of sword fighting, but after a while I thought it's going wrong and at the end of the game I became disappointed with that rubbish. After playing the second episode of the game I saw something really bothersome, the distortion of the history by making a beautiful and appealling game to pretend something happend as didn't and something didn't as did.
Assassin's where a branch of shiite muslims which their basements were strong castles and the main castle was in Qasvin, Iran which name is Alamut which no government could conquer it but the mongolian nomads. The founder name of this creed of this branch of shiite muslims was Hasan Sabbah and if you would like a bit of truth you could find some in the history books.
I hope a least this ubisoft lying machine at the begining of the game whrer it says this story inspired by a true stroy and so on, says and a bit of diversions or at the end of the game after crew name say It was a big lie.
Ihave some question: How many muslims and in perticular how many Shiite's and iranian were part of this nonesense?

El_Sjietah
05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
A game based on fiction? Proposterous!

JohnConnor2012
05-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh no - 'is AC1 anti-Shia?' Actually, reading the names on AC1's credits, I think people of (some sort of) Moslem heritage on Ubi's staff had a pretty big input.

The stuff about the Templars in AC1 was pretty fast and loose with history too and they're made the villians of the piece. Not saying they were good people, but why isn't 2-Above complaining more vociferously about their 'misrepresentation'?

bokeef04
05-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by mjn_mje:
At first when I saw Assassin's Creed 1, I thought it would be a nice game espacially when I saw how they made it assassination methods and art of sword fighting, but after a while I thought it's going wrong and at the end of the game I became disappointed with that rubbish. After playing the second episode of the game I saw something really bothersome, the distortion of the history by making a beautiful and appealling game to pretend something happend as didn't and something didn't as did.
Assassin's where a branch of shiite muslims which their basements were strong castles and the main castle was in Qasvin, Iran which name is Alamut which no government could conquer it but the mongolian nomads. The founder name of this creed of this branch of shiite muslims was Hasan Sabbah and if you would like a bit of truth you could find some in the history books.
I hope a least this ubisoft lying machine at the begining of the game whrer it says this story inspired by a true stroy and so on, says and a bit of diversions or at the end of the game after crew name say It was a big lie.
Ihave some question: How many muslims and in perticular how many Shiite's and iranian were part of this nonesense?

you are aware inspired just means they took that true story and changed it to make it fit their game, you don't honestly believe that movies that have "based on a true story" at the end actually show what happened?

mrsauditore
05-07-2010, 12:27 PM
ac3 should be set in ancient egypt or something like that or with the Mayans etc. even though it should probably be consistent by being set another several hundred years later than the last one but a WWII or WWI come on thats been done so many times before BORING

El_Sjietah
05-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by mrsauditore:
ac3 should be set in ancient egypt or something like that or with the Mayans etc. even though it should probably be consistent by being set another several hundred years later than the last one but a WWII or WWI come on thats been done so many times before BORING

Other stuff was happening in the early 1900s besides the wars.

CommandWolf426
05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
What do you mean done before now way in hell has it been done before. Come on a Assassins during WWII that would be awesome. Still using the hidden blade and killing off officers and using just a knife and hand gun. That is very different than any other WWII game out there so far.

I think Desmond will find a new crypt of assassins like in AC2 were there was one underneath the house. Maybe there is another one that was built with more Modern Assassins. Built by Enzio or one of his ancestors. With Enzio and Altiar being the one with all the super special gear.

Tanner_320
05-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Listen Im gonna tell you something completely true. Im nine years old female Reed. i need help. I've played both games and I have imaginary illusions and dreams. and if ac3 is ww1 and or 2 my dreams will fade not like I haven't wanted them to but without an answer all my precous memories lost. Just like desmonds will be.

El_Sjietah
05-12-2010, 03:21 AM
lolwut

Murcuseo
05-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Anyone got the number for social services?

HateCliffhanger
05-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Wow...this is some thread necromancy if I have seen any.

I read all the new posts, great speculation, lets hear some more.

quimeradc
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
I think the game will be in victorian London.

FIrst the game is about wolrd domination and during victorian ages the british empire was the world power.

Secondly we can have the templars back, as the Freemasons.

Thridly its besaully cool enough to be thegame setting.

trockg
06-07-2010, 02:20 PM
My Speculations:

As you will notice Minerva states that her and the others refer to themselves not as gods or slave drivers but as "the ones who came before".

Here is my take:

It is all about time travel. Minerva and the other "gods" are humans from the future who went back in time for a purpose to either control mankind, or ignite humanity. And that is why they had them enslaved. With them they brought powerful relics with them from the future, and that is where the conflict with Adam and Eve began. Because they are from the future they know about Desman, they also know that the end of the world is potentially around the corner, and for them to exist, their timeline must be preserved. Thus they entrust Desman to save their future.

And the whole cycle starts again. Kind of like "The Terminator".

That or she is an A.I.

What do you guys think?

Grafferu
06-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't think they came from the future, but from another planet, and mankind is the children of Minerva and her people.

Ajnowotny
06-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I am a huge AC fan, it is my favorite video game mainly for the intense storyline and gameplay.

I have a few facts to keep in mind for AC3:

#1 At the end of the credits on AC1 you can walk around Abstergo's laboratory and on the wall to the left once you exit your bedroom go you will find one of subject 16's symbols while in eagle vision. The symbol is a puzzle of letters in the form of a message. If you read the message down to up, right to left starting in the bottom right hand corner, it will read: "Artifacts sent to the skies to control all nations 4 us to obey a hidden crusade, do not help them." To me it seems like the templars (abstergo) are planning to get a hold of the artifact (apple aka the piece of eden) and use it to control people.

#2 Minerva said that something big was coming that would destroy the earth, and according to Shaun, it is the same thing that happened to the people of the first civilization seen in The Truth.

#3 Minerva said that if you (Desmond) can find and preserve these temples, that you can save the earth from destruction. These temples could be referring to:
The Mayan temples because one of Subject 16's symbols is a barcode with the numbers 12-21-2012 on them, this is the date the Mayan calendar ends and the end of the world according to the Mayans. AC also takes place in 2012 so this could be the same thing Minerva talked about.

The Egyptian pyramids because just recently a Ubisoft developer published a photo of an assassin with egyptian pyramids behind him and the AC logo above. But their is also speculations that it is for a comic book.
Picture of Assassin in Egypt (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249432&skip=yes )

The Japanese ziggurats because on the wall of Demands old room, was the phrase Yuni Gia which is a mountain in Japan. Also, in The Truth video there is mountains in the background so that could be where the people of the first civilization were.

#4 In e3 2010, they showed the multiplayer for AC Brotherhood, and while in an interview one of the producers of ACB said that that Abstergo Laboratories were sending their employees in the animus to train to be an assassin ( and that is what the multiplayer in ACB is based off of). So maybe they are doing that in AC3 and you have to fight them off.

#5 In Desmond's visions, he sees Altiar with another woman, and in the end of the vision the camera zooms into the woman's stomach, applying that it was Altair's offspring and Desmond's ancestor. I don't think Ubisoft put this in the game just to show the side effects of the animus, I think it is a clue about the plot, one possibility is a brief synchronization with Altiar's son.

Of coarse there are many more things that sway us to have different speculations on AC3, these are just some of the not so obvious ones.

p.s. if you have beaten AC2 then you have found all the codex pages. Next time you play AC2, go to the menu and find the codex pages. It lets you read all 32. Some are just blueprints to make things such as the pistol and poison. Those aren't as significant but the others either have an image, or it is a diary entree by Altiar. Nothing in there is a dead give away about AC3 but it is pretty interesting to read.

Ajnowotny
06-19-2010, 08:43 PM
My honest opinion is that AC3 will be played in modern time as Desmond trying to save the world. But he doesn't know how, where, why, or anything think like that. So, he goes in the Animus to different locations and timezones so that he can figure out what is happening. Some of the places he visits could be in Ancient Egypt, old England, WW1 or WW2 setting, or something like that.

Fairus60
06-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Ajnowotny:
I am a huge AC fan, it is my favorite video game mainly for the intense storyline and gameplay.

I have a few facts to keep in mind for AC3:

#1 At the end of the credits on AC1 you can walk around Abstergo's laboratory and on the wall to the left once you exit your bedroom go you will find one of subject 16's symbols while in eagle vision. The symbol is a puzzle of letters in the form of a message. If you read the message down to up, right to left starting in the bottom right hand corner, it will read: "Artifacts sent to the skies to control all nations 4 us to obey a hidden crusade, do not help them." To me it seems like the templars (abstergo) are planning to get a hold of the artifact (apple aka the piece of eden) and use it to control people.

#2 Minerva said that something big was coming that would destroy the earth, and according to Shaun, it is the same thing that happened to the people of the first civilization seen in The Truth.

#3 Minerva said that if you (Desmond) can find and preserve these temples, that you can save the earth from destruction. These temples could be referring to:
The Mayan temples because one of Subject 16's symbols is a barcode with the numbers 12-21-2012 on them, this is the date the Mayan calendar ends and the end of the world according to the Mayans. AC also takes place in 2012 so this could be the same thing Minerva talked about.

The Egyptian pyramids because just recently a Ubisoft developer published a photo of an assassin with egyptian pyramids behind him and the AC logo above. But their is also speculations that it is for a comic book.
Picture of Assassin in Egypt (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249432&skip=yes )

The Japanese ziggurats because on the wall of Demands old room, was the phrase Yuni Gia which is a mountain in Japan. Also, in The Truth video there is mountains in the background so that could be where the people of the first civilization were.

#4 In e3 2010, they showed the multiplayer for AC Brotherhood, and while in an interview one of the producers of ACB said that that Abstergo Laboratories were sending their employees in the animus to train to be an assassin ( and that is what the multiplayer in ACB is based off of). So maybe they are doing that in AC3 and you have to fight them off.

#5 In Desmond's visions, he sees Altiar with another woman, and in the end of the vision the camera zooms into the woman's stomach, applying that it was Altair's offspring and Desmond's ancestor. I don't think Ubisoft put this in the game just to show the side effects of the animus, I think it is a clue about the plot, one possibility is a brief synchronization with Altiar's son.

Of coarse there are many more things that sway us to have different speculations on AC3, these are just some of the not so obvious ones.

p.s. if you have beaten AC2 then you have found all the codex pages. Next time you play AC2, go to the menu and find the codex pages. It lets you read all 32. Some are just blueprints to make things such as the pistol and poison. Those aren't as significant but the others either have an image, or it is a diary entree by Altiar. Nothing in there is a dead give away about AC3 but it is pretty interesting to read.
Dude, I agree with you about Altair´s vision. I believe that in incoming games (namely brotherhood and AC3) we might be seeing more of these visions, about Altair´s son growth. From when he was a kid in training to when Altair took him to try to kill Genghis Khan. At least, thats what I hope for.

rob.davies2014
06-20-2010, 03:39 AM
i think victorian london would be the PERFECT place for AC3. The fog, the dark streets, the brilliant architecture! U cud have an assassin with a sword cane!

UBOSOFT-Gamer
06-28-2010, 02:28 PM
My honest opinion is that AC3 will be played in modern time as Desmond trying to save the world. But he doesn't know how, where, why, or anything think like that. So, he goes in the Animus to different locations and timezones so that he can figure out what is happening. Some of the places he visits could be in Ancient Egypt, old England, WW1 or WW2 setting, or something like that.

I like the Idea of the different times and settings visiting! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*Edit* I dont think a WW2 setting would fit with AC3, that sould be the LAST setting from of all of periods of history you can choose of for AC3, BUT traveling to Rome at the End of AC2, made me think you could need to travel through Axis controlled Europe in 1942 to differnt Places to get infos, stuff, secret locations, etc.

http://www.aasc.ucla.edu/cab/imgContent/200708010006.jpg

http://www.historyonmaps.com/B...s/big/Europe1942.jpg (http://www.historyonmaps.com/BWSamples/big/Europe1942.jpg)

http://faculty.unlv.edu/pwerth/Europe-1942.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...1941-1942_Map_EN.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/WWII_Europe_1941-1942_Map_EN.png)

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwa.../maps/WEurope1-1.jpg (http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USMA/WEurope1/maps/WEurope1-1.jpg)

http://warandgame.files.wordpr...009/02/germanhwm.jpg (http://warandgame.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/germanhwm.jpg)

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/top...assets/axis_1942.jpg (http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/history/assets/axis_1942.jpg)

omicron142
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I beleive that the "Temples" they refere to are the marks on the map, the one on the codex pages and the one Altair reveals after slaying Al Mualim.

plug-inalex
06-29-2010, 12:38 AM
I just still think feudal Japan can luink perfectly

XxSYD3WINDERxX
06-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by wozzum:
Wow, what a great cliffhanger, so much to think about.

My speculations:

Adam and Eve were the first "humans" (modified to be superior to the Homo Sapiens that were around at the time) created by Minerva's people in their own image. I'm still not sure what to class the triumvirate (the 3 'gods' mentioned) as: Aliens, time travellers, or just a race that existed before humans.
Adam and Eve were created to preserve their existence and populate the earth, but they betrayed them by stealing the "apple" (maybe an early animus/knowledge bank?) and escaping to teach the world how to fight back.
The mountain at the end of 'The Truth' video is Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, East Africa. North of it is the Nile river which leads up to the pyramids.
The puzzles that unlock the video point more toward the Mayans and the end of the world caused by a solar flare from the sun in 2012.
This could work in with the 16th and 17th Century Spanish conquistador campaigns to take over Mexico and Central America.

There's an interesting story of Gonzalo Guerrero, who was a Spanish sailor shipwrecked in Mexico and taken as a slave by a Mayan Lord in 1511. He became a famous warlord for his captor, Married a rich Mayan woman and had 3 of Mexico's first 'mestizo' children (mixed ancestry).

Can't wait to see what they have planned for the next installment.

As you said, they come out to the mountain-who's-name-I-can't-be-bothered-to-spell-out-albeit-this-takes-longer ( http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) is in Africa. Africa, is the place where the first human stuff was found and they reckon that it's where the evolution of the humans all happened.

Ajnowotny
07-15-2010, 05:41 PM
A recent teaser video shows that assassins creed 3 could be heading to Russia, st. petersburg to be exact, and could be centered around the Tunguska event (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event) . More info will be revealed in Ubisofts showing at Comic-Con on July 22nd.

Keighvin
07-15-2010, 06:01 PM
That's for the comic books, it might not pertain to AC3.

Chriwalker
07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Well, I have to say that I did not enjoy AC1, but ACII was about one of the greatest games I've played in a long time... And I hope Ubi will give us more answers in AC3. And I hope we can fight some more modern Templars http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-16-2010, 07:44 AM
mmm, if they want a time period with no or not much guns, it is getting hard after the year 1500 as more and more guns were involved. Besides Japan with the samurai. rifles were used, but not as much as in europe

see
http://www.ireference.ca/search/snapping%20matchlock/

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_of_Japan

So that also could be a reason for a Japan setting, but i dislike Japan-setting for AC3.

They also said King Arthur, but i dont think they will do that. Rumors said also the French Rev for AC2 and the Italian Renesaissance was never mentioned.
Rumours said the story could be a female assisn in ww2.

well maybe not ww2, but they may indrocue a female assisn with the ancestors of Lucy Stillmann?

El_Sjietah
07-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Female ancestors won't work because of the whole genetic memory thing.

Last time I'm posting that.

lilbacchant
07-16-2010, 04:01 PM

LOL. That's what I told myself before posting it last time ... I have no self-discipline.*

*[I've also firmly sworn I won't post the "animus makes Altair speak american" thing anymore either].

TheOldAssassin
07-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Lot of rumors speculate from assumptions ,

At the beginning of ac2 I saw alot of hints of it being a 2012 setting. the bar code on the wall . 12212012 . when i change it up 12/21/2012 . above that When Minerva said that the earth was dieing and and that the sun would end it all . and she said that the temples would be the only way to keep the earth alive .That is when the assassin saying comes up , nothing is true any thing is possible .

i Wonder if they are gonna end the animus story in ac3 . i can only wait and guess

galenwolf
07-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Whilst not directly part of the plot, if Desmond starts to access his genetic memories at will we could find a message(s) left to him by Ezio or Altair. If the Ones that came before could see the future then they might leave an understanding of who Desmond is to both Altair and Ezio and what he needs to do. Maybe then both Altair and Ezio could leave clues and advice on the temples etc for Desmond about things in the temple or discoveries they made they didn't want to write down in case the templars found them.

Ajnowotny
07-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Ubisoft recruited two storytellers (Cameron Stewert, and Karl Kerschl) to come up with a storyline for an "Assassins Creed Mini Series".
They then came up with the story of Nikolai Orelov, an ancestor of Daniel Cross, who is the stories version of Desmond Miles. Nikolai Orelov lives in 19th century Russia, during the time of Grigori Rasputin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin).

This follows up what I said earlier about the rumor of AC3 taking place in Russia.

bokeef04
07-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Ubisoft recruited two storytellers (Cameron Stewert, and Karl Kerschl) to come up with a storyline for an "Assassins Creed Mini Series".
They then came up with the story of Nikolai Orelov, an ancestor of Daniel Cross, who is the stories version of Desmond Miles. Nikolai Orelov lives in 19th century Russia, during the time of Grigori Rasputin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin).

This follows up what I said earlier about the rumor of AC3 taking place in Russia.

that is for the comic book, which will be set in Russia following Daniel Cross and his ancestor Nikolai Orelov, there is set to be 3 issues dealing with different periods of his life, whether Ubisoft decides to make a game about the same character later is undetermined yet and most likely won't be for AC3 as it would leave Desmond's story unfinished(i see it as a TV series or multi-part movie, it wouldn't make sense to suddenly shift to a new protagonist mid story)

PolarizedxD
08-14-2010, 11:40 PM
I would like to point out they have said nothing about this except for the amount of titles which is now 4 but they only consider the 3 for Desmonds Trilogy. The last one Assassins Creed 3 is going to have to have the end no matter what you want he is gona have to save the world, meaning there cant be much animus except maybe to fine the temples but there isnt much a chance people in his past know where they are. I will be excited to see what they do but there wont be a main story in the animus that has to do with Desmond training or searching for temples threw it. The main story has to be Desmond stoping the Templars from gaining the pieces of eden while saving the world from the sun.

EzioAssassin51
08-15-2010, 04:56 AM

Why wouldn't it work with the genetic memory?

Tanner_320
08-16-2010, 05:12 PM
person first im a girl second im only 10 I dont think you understand. They arent really visions. but dreams just nightmares. after ac 1 I felt bad and dreamed altair went after me. after ac 2 I cant get over the fact they want me dead but in dreams I don't imagine me flying or some **** but my doing what I know I will never be strong or the right hand-eye cordnation. sprinting on and on and dodging their blade right now though preordered ac 3. I feel as ****ty as ever. I dont even sleep anymore.

X10J
08-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Why wouldn't it work with the genetic memory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see no reason why it wouldn't. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Zipzoe100
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Why wouldn't it work with the genetic memory? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see no reason why it wouldn't. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Animus only allows one to relive the memories of the ancestors of ones own gender.
Desmond is a MALE. Therefore he can only relive the memories of MALE ancestors.

Keighvin
08-16-2010, 07:39 PM
That is some wild supposition you've got there Zipzoe. Got anything to back that up?

X10J
08-16-2010, 07:42 PM
oh I must have missed that bit of dialogue.

also: Desmond's a male? How long have you been sitting on this information?

souNdwAve89
08-16-2010, 07:44 PM
lol that guy is a troll. I just finished playing Assassin's Creed again last week, and now I am starting on Asassin's Creed 2 again a couple of days ago. I did not hear one bit of gender issues regarding the Animus or Animus 2.0

X10J
08-16-2010, 07:47 PM
I figured it wasn't said in-game. I was just being a bit more subtle.

itsamea-mario
08-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Keighvin:
That is some wild supposition you've got there Zipzoe. Got anything to back that up?

ive got something, its called science.
the animus allows a subject to relive the memories of an ancestor. it does this by getting the memories from the dna, as in this game they state that memories are stored in the dna. BUT all a females eggs are made at birth, so unlike a males sperm which are created all the time so new memories can be added. a woman wont pass her genetic memories down to her child.

you could probably have gone back a few pages and found out.

its very late my brain hurts.

phil.llllll
08-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

Don't bring science into a science fiction game. Who's to say the gene for genetic memory is contained within the egg at birth? Plus they might have all eggs at birth but they're not mature. They could easily say some chromosome with memory information is passed on from the mother before fertilization.

Also, we know it's possible to follow women as Desmond follows Maria for a brief second before he wakes up.

X10J
08-16-2010, 08:35 PM
i think the idea there is that your folowing Altair's son.

souNdwAve89
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keighvin:

the animus allows a subject to relive the memories of an ancestor. it does this by getting the memories from the dna, as in this game they state that memories are stored in the dna. BUT all a females eggs are made at birth, so unlike a males sperm which are created all the time so new memories can be added. a woman wont pass her genetic memories down to her child.

its very late my brain hurts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, so you're bringing science into a video game? Nice. Ubisoft can bend science for all they want and still have a female ancestor if they choose to.

phil.llllll
08-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
i think the idea there is that your folowing Altair's son.

Not possible because technically we couldn't be following him at all at that point as he has no memories. But yes the scene was specifically there just to show he did have a son with Maria so it doesn't really have to count. Point still stands about the sci fi part.

Anyway, there's no chance (I would think) of a female ancestor coming into the picture anytime soon so I wouldn't worry about it.

EzioAssassin51
08-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Tanner_320:
person first im a girl second im only 10 I dont think you understand. They arent really visions. but dreams just nightmares. after ac 1 I felt bad and dreamed altair went after me. after ac 2 I cant get over the fact they want me dead but in dreams I don't imagine me flying or some **** but my doing what I know I will never be strong or the right hand-eye cordnation. sprinting on and on and dodging their blade right now though preordered ac 3. I feel as ****ty as ever. I dont even sleep anymore.

What are you talking about? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

primerib69
08-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tanner_320:

What are you talking about? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

OH MY GOD THIS IS

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I FREAKIN LOVE THIS FORUM! HAHAHAHAHAHA

PhiIs1618033
08-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Tanner_320:
First: If you're ten years old, then WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON THESE FORUMS?
Second: If your dreams are scary, just remember that it's a dream while it happens and take control. (This is possible)

You're probably a troll anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

itsamea-mario
08-17-2010, 06:19 AM
generally, in science fiction, games/films etc. they only make up new stuff, scientific knowledge that already exist tends to be un altered. especially when this stuff is GCSE knowledge.

Keighvin
08-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks itsamea-mario, I actually did know that, I just hadn't realized anyone had said it already. I just prefer if people can be more full in their responses then just saying it's not possible.

HannahCrazy
09-21-2010, 01:40 PM
I actually can't really imagine assassin's creed 3 as being a good game if it's in the modern world. What with the cars, helicoptors, aeroplanes, bikes, motorcycles, guns, tazers, computers, big cities, policemen etc. If you had all these things, why would you need a hidden blade, free-running skills, eagle vision etc.? You'd probably be able to tell who's after you, by the way they dress. Like a gangster boss.
I really want something bad to happen to Desmond, like uncontrolled bleeding effect. So he can see an ancestor jumping around the town how it looked before, and then actually, hope I don't **** anyone off, I want Desmond, Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca to not find any of the pieces of eden, except maybe one, so that they have to go back to more awesome ancestors. Really. Assassin's Creed in modern time? Nu-uh.

FrankieSatt
09-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by HannahCrazy:
I actually can't really imagine assassin's creed 3 as being a good game if it's in the modern world. What with the cars, helicoptors, aeroplanes, bikes, motorcycles, guns, tazers, computers, big cities, policemen etc. If you had all these things, why would you need a hidden blade, free-running skills, eagle vision etc.? You'd probably be able to tell who's after you, by the way they dress. Like a gangster boss.
I really want something bad to happen to Desmond, like uncontrolled bleeding effect. So he can see an ancestor jumping around the town how it looked before, and then actually, hope I don't **** anyone off, I want Desmond, Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca to not find any of the pieces of eden, except maybe one, so that they have to go back to more awesome ancestors. Really. Assassin's Creed in modern time? Nu-uh.

There is no way to drag the Desmond/Animus story line across 4-5 more games. Honestly I can't see how they can drag it past Brotherhood without AC3 being in the present time.

You are going to have to face the fact that at some point the majority of the game is going to have to be present time to finish up the Desmond/Animus story line. Once that is finished the series will be over, no need for the animus and no need to go back to memories.

HannahCrazy
09-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by FrankieSatt:
You are going to have to face the fact that at some point the majority of the game is going to have to be present time to finish up the Desmond/Animus story line. Once that is finished the series will be over, no need for the animus and no need to go back to memories.

I realise that, but if every person in the modern world is equipped with a gun, and we don't have a functioning or useful hidden blade, it won't really be an Assassin's Creed. Then it's just Sniper's Creed. Get what I mean? It could be good, but you'd need to use the hidden blade and not just guns and tazers.

BK-110
09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keighvin:

its very late my brain hurts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You seem to not know how genetics work. Conception is when a sperm cell and an egg cell fuse. Both cells contain 23 chromosomes. So yes, both parts pass down their genes, and with that, in the AC universe, their genetic memories.

Besides, egg-cells are NOT created at birth. New ones are constantly created, wander down into the womb and get flushed out during the woman's period unless one has been fertilized.

EDIT: I said 23 chromosome-pairs, sorry. Of course it's 23 chromosomes.

Twostein
09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
techniclllay, your both right and wrong.

all egg cells are there at birthbut not in a functional form (so a sort of egg of the egg cell).
They all mature individually when they are needed.

though i don't know if the maturing changes the dna

BK-110
09-22-2010, 10:37 AM
As I said, both egg cells and sperm cells contain 23 chromosomes (I'm aware that I said 23 chromosome-pairs before, sorry). In other words, both contain the same amount of genetic material which upon fusion (conception) result in the 46 chromosomes of a human.

As a result, genetic memories would be passed down by both parents.

As for egg cells, if I remember correctly, they mature on their way to the womb and are then for a limited time ready for fertilization until they get "flushed out".

RipYourSpineOut
09-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Ummm, guys? This thread is about Assassin's Creed 3, right?

Don't we already have a thread for that? (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

BK-110
09-22-2010, 03:40 PM
True, no idea why this one is still open...

markfrock
01-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:
I think it's wrong that so many people say that Desmond will be the only played character in AC3.

I think we will actually play him a lot more, sure, and assassinate targets with him (hello Vidic), but my theory is that we'll still use the animus a lot, but not back to one ancestor, but rather multiple.

This way they can implement certain things like gun fights without having to base the whole game around it, by only letting parts of the game focus on it (Desmond's time, WW2, etc).

This concept also has a lot of DLC potential, by being able to add an ancestor each DLC. However the danger with this is that it'll be harder to become emotionally attached.

This is true because Desmond will need to find the temple using the animus and I will bet you that Altiar started going to the places he saw on the piece of eden map he saw at the end of the fist one. I don't think that time will advance in AC3 because there is no reason to. most of the pieces of eden would have been collected or destroyed by the assassins already.

lukecarter92
02-05-2011, 06:09 PM
My guess is they are going to make desmond learn from more than one of his ancestors as he relives them acuiring pieces of eden (mini sagas of each era) and he learns to access his ancestors without the animus (like neo in the matrix) or he becomes the combined conciousness of all his ancestors (from ubisoft saying he will become the ultimate assassin).

that would make a pretty cool game.

KennethLogan
03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Did anyone notice in the first email from Erudito ("keep in the circle" or whatever) (He gave you the passwords to the other email logins) that Lucy's email password was Juno57?

BTOG46
03-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Please use the existing thread http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

This thread seems to have escaped the lock, and been resurrected.