PDA

View Full Version : Port Raiding ?

blastomatic1759
08-16-2006, 05:31 PM
in everyones opinion whats the hardest port to raid ? theres still a few in which i havent raided , i guess im lazy , but im curious on which ports you think are the toughest.

Shahed_Kazi
08-16-2006, 05:44 PM
GW 1.1, I've raided Loch E, Scapa, Southend, .. on my way into Gib. By far Gib seems to have the most patrols. Scapa is easy (west approach is easiest), Loch E is slightly complicated because the mines are how should we say strategically placed, and that net in the middle of the bay is a hinderance. Basically there is only one precise approach into the harbor. Southend is easy.

I'm taking infiltration wise. Patinece is all you need. Gib seems so far the hardest. It's specially bad because I have heavy fog and heavy rain, can't see more than 250 meters. Going to park somewhere and wait the weather out, visibility is less than minimum torp range, can't fire. I know because I peeked up with the peri and 1 minute it was clear, and on the second pass, there was DD coming straight in, about 60 degs off port, range 230 meters. I could go in the harbor and wait it out submerged but I'd prefer go about an hour east and wait it out in open sea.

Shahed_Kazi
08-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Now I've been sitting just around the eastern corner of the rock, facing Malaga, about 300 meters away from the path of a DD patrol, maybe even sitting in another patrol zone, not sure. Surface for air. Just sitting there, been 3 days now, no let up in the weather, still heavy fog. edit: 00:23 fog reduced to medium, no rain, rough sea, 12 m/s wind. Now is the time, I hope http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif