PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this Game?

MkMaster08
11-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Give me the Pros and Cons on this game. Does it have any online feature? What kinda time does it take to bet this game for a hardcore gamer? im deciding from Left4Dead 2, Borderlands, or AC2.

the amolang
11-21-2009, 02:42 AM
...no online...

ACII_Addicted
11-21-2009, 02:54 AM
IMO AC2 rulez everything , no online , but it is for the sake of the game. It's the best single-player game EVER! It's got everything. Variety like GTAIV and Oblivion, it's main plot is veeeeeeery addictive , it is based in real facts ( except the part of Ezio the assassin ). About the negatives now ... well i can't really tell you cause i don't have the game , yet , ( GOD DAMNIT !! :P ) but from what i have read there are a few bugs in consoles.

AnubisofSumeria
11-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Pros..

Great Visual Presentation
Audio Is Great
Varied Gameplay
Combat Is Some Of The Best You Will Ever Play
Excellent Story Which Puts AC1 To Shame

Cons..

Decent Amount Of Screen Tearing
Stable Framerate And I Emphasise 'Stable'
Can Seem Too Easy At Times

x54147
11-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by AnubisofSumeria:
Pros..

Audio Is Great
Varied Gameplay

Cons..

Why do people keep complaining about screen tearing? Are you playing the PC version? I had 0 graphical problems on 360. No lag or frame rate issues, no glitches, nothing.

NuclearFuss
11-21-2009, 12:11 PM
This thread seems rather pointless seeing as everyone is obviously going to try and promote the game. I know I am because it's just awesome. And these frame-rate issues aren't a big deal. The worst I've had only happened for a few seconds, I didn't care.

Edengoth
11-21-2009, 03:00 PM
The game was overhyped but it was still awesome. To put it plainly, it's everything AC1 was trying to be and a little bit more.

Critically speaking: I thought the last half of the game was poorly paced and the notoriety system wasn't what I expected, and some gameplay elements were not adequately explained (but in most cases figuring it out on your own is half the fun). And oddly enough, it can feel a little TOO linear at times.

For the good: It's eye-massagingly gorgeous, even with the pop-in. The parkour is definitely smooth this time around and doesn't suffer the issues Altair faced that generally resulted in unnecessary accidental death, and it's actually a challenge to reach most of the in-city viewpoints. And, best of all, it's NOT repetitive this time. Like, at all. The main quest is 18 packed-to-the-brim barrels of fun, and most of the side-missions are pretty great as well.

It's not what it was hyped up to be and it didn't cure 5 kinds of cancer, but it's still amazing and well worth it, in my opinion.

Xenlecan
11-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
The game was overhyped but it was still awesome. To put it plainly, it's everything AC1 was trying to be and a little bit more.

Critically speaking: I thought the last half of the game was poorly paced and the notoriety system wasn't what I expected, and some gameplay elements were not adequately explained (but in most cases figuring it out on your own is half the fun). And oddly enough, it can feel a little TOO linear at times.

For the good: It's eye-massagingly gorgeous, even with the pop-in. The parkour is definitely smooth this time around and doesn't suffer the issues Altair faced that generally resulted in unnecessary accidental death, and it's actually a challenge to reach most of the in-city viewpoints. And, best of all, it's NOT repetitive this time. Like, at all. The main quest is 18 packed-to-the-brim barrels of fun, and most of the side-missions are pretty great as well.

It's not what it was hyped up to be and it didn't cure 5 kinds of cancer, but it's still amazing and well worth it, in my opinion.

QFT

Atkamon
11-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by x54147:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnubisofSumeria:
Pros..

Audio Is Great
Varied Gameplay

Cons..

Why do people keep complaining about screen tearing? Are you playing the PC version? I had 0 graphical problems on 360. No lag or frame rate issues, no glitches, nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How could he play on PC, when it comes out to PC next year? It will be probably fixed by then.