PDA

View Full Version : FREAKY IL2 Gunsight Glitch!No NOT That!

ytareh
08-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I am gobsmacked to find that ALL my gunsight (and bombsight) 'reticles' have disappeared completely and I am looking at blank plates of glass!!!Has anybody ever heard of this before !?Its like an April Fools Joke or something but I aint laughin!Is there any folder I can quickly swap back to fix this ?Surely its a minor corruption of some sort ?EDIT I have deleted the entire game folder and reinstalled it from a back up...the problem persists .It seems to be in about two thirds of the planes ....not Macchis,P38s or Tempest but most mothers including 109s,P51s, Mig3 ,Yak9 etc etc This is doing my head in!ANY ideas?

ytareh
08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I fixed this by reverting back to my old conf.ini.I had made some changes to the OpenGL section .Still not exactly sure what caused this .But if you google lost il2 reticles theres a post on another forum by someone who had the exact same thing happen by using a 'russian' conf.ini...

ytareh
08-08-2010, 05:07 PM
OK Ive narrowed it down to this :

BAD Open GL Conf.ini block

TexFlags.UseAlpha=1
TexFlags.UseIndex=1
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=0

GOOD Open GL Conf.ini block

TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1

The "BAD" segment causes many of the games gunsight reticles to COMPLETELY disappear leaving you with a blank plate of glass.Obviously the Clamped Sprites section is common to both but I left it in as the lines are 'in order'

Why on Earth does this happen?Would love to know if anyone has an idea.Personally Ive had enough conf tweaking to do me for a long time now!

BillSwagger
08-08-2010, 06:24 PM
thanks

The only one thats given me trouble was the drawlandbytriangles. If thats 0, i get strange artifacts so i've always left it at 1.

Bill