PDA

View Full Version : What level of difficulty did you experience getting into SCC MP servers this w/e?

Bahger1960
05-16-2010, 08:13 PM
In maybe 50 tries today (Sunday), I think I got the "Connection not responding, please try later" 40 times when attempting to invite a friend into a private match from the MP Find Match>Private Match screen. It really is a bit of a disgrace. What has been your experience with server-side error messages this weekend? How successful have you been getting an MP going?

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with my router's tech support to get the neccessary ports forwarded, so I am particularly annoyed. The saddest thing of all is that when I did manage to host a private match this morning, it was great. This is a great game all but sabotaged by an awful PC MP infrastructure.

darkzero7
05-16-2010, 09:07 PM
lol @ the poll results so far.
I never have zero issues, but i usually don't run out of patience.

Tengux
05-17-2010, 12:45 AM
I pretty often get server-side errors, however they have never bothered me. They only happen because people can't figure out how to open ports on their router.
I'm able to play random multiplayer just fine too so long as I'm the host (Which the matchmaking chooses pretty much all the time).

If i don't play with randoms then have some people as friends that i play with regularly where i host and there has never been a problem with that so far ^^

YtseJammer69
05-17-2010, 12:51 AM
I have had an abundance of issues trying to play the co-op. I'm either getting that "out of synch" nonsense, or one of our connections drops out. Too bad too, because it is better than the single player and pretty fun.
It is rather disgraceful, given that the game had been in development for so long.

Bahger1960
05-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Tengux:
I pretty often get server-side errors...They only happen because people can't figure out how to open ports on their router.
This cannot be correct. I couldn't host at all until I opened the necessary ports (confirmed by a little utility I have that pings them). After this, I could host in both MM and Private games but -- at high-traffic times for the game, I suspect -- I still get messages about the servers being unavailable and all the rest of the nonsense. If you can successfully access those servers some of the time, it makes no sense that you coulldn't all of the time, unless it's a server-side issue, not a problem with the player's ports. As I said, mine are open or I wouldn't be able to play at all but I'm still at the mercy of Ubi's borked PC MP.

Tengux
05-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Bahger1960:
This cannot be correct. I couldn't host at all until I opened the necessary ports (confirmed by a little utility I have that pings them). After this, I could host in both MM and Private games but -- at high-traffic times for the game, I suspect -- I still get messages about the servers being unavailable...

Aha, we are talking about the "The Splinter Cell Conviction servers are not available at this time" error?

Victoroos
05-17-2010, 01:36 AM
I still can't connect to anybody, quit frustrating

eXpanium33
05-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Tengux:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bahger1960:
This cannot be correct. I couldn't host at all until I opened the necessary ports (confirmed by a little utility I have that pings them). After this, I could host in both MM and Private games but -- at high-traffic times for the game, I suspect -- I still get messages about the servers being unavailable...

Aha, we are talking about the "The Splinter Cell Conviction servers are not available at this time" error? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i have last night that error 23pm UTC playing in Hunter mode. And other says your partner was disconnected from server.

DoxilonQ
05-17-2010, 10:41 AM
For me the error "Splinter Cell Conviction servers are not available at this time" is not a problem. I just start again and it's working. The biggest problem is finding a partner to play with, it takes some time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Victoroos
05-18-2010, 09:26 AM
oowke, I stillcan't connect. i played once, so my ports have to be open, but it still doen't work, for more detai sc (http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/splintercellconviction-xbox/) ls check :