PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Ubisoft to spend more time on games?

freddie_1897
11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Look, ubisoft, I love your games and I will keep buying AC games. However AC could be so much better if you take more time over it. Take an extra few months even a year just to pack each game full of content and make it completely perfect. Expand the story, add tons and tons of sidequests, explore new ideas for game mechanics, improve the city by being able to go inside famous landmarks, I dunno, Just make your games achieve their full potential.
Ps these are suggestions, not criticisms.

freddie_1897
11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Look, ubisoft, I love your games and I will keep buying AC games. However AC could be so much better if you take more time over it. Take an extra few months even a year just to pack each game full of content and make it completely perfect. Expand the story, add tons and tons of sidequests, explore new ideas for game mechanics, improve the city by being able to go inside famous landmarks, I dunno, Just make your games achieve their full potential.
Ps these are suggestions, not criticisms.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
This could be an issue of finance & budget - I don't know what game sales are like, but people are cutting back.
I heard that one company was having to lay off employees.

After seeing the end credits for ACII & ACB, I wondered how they made enough money to pay for all of it. It's amazing how many people it takes to put these games together! (which is why I have issues w/ insignificant complaints)

Anyways, I'm very fine with them taking longer to put a game out. In fact it would probably be better if they changed the release time since so many other good games come out within the same time frame to compete w/ them.

But as it is w/ ACR, I'm amazed at all they accomplished in just 1 year.

It's hard for me to vote on those 2 options bcuz I think each AC has been 'fully furnished' already and I do selfishly want one each year.

THUNDERJET429ci
11-22-2011, 01:34 PM
it would be great to see a more complete game . i dont think many people would disagree that 1 and 2 were the most complete . the main thing 1 and 2 have in common as far as development was they took more time to make them. really i dont think ubi is hurtin for money theyre just tryin to get this part of series done before dec. 12 2012 . i think that they think the story would lose some flavor if it came out later .

lukaszep
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
This could be an issue of finance & budget - I don't know what game sales are like, but people are cutting back.

After seeing the end credits for ACII & ACB, I wondered how they made enough money to pay for all of it. It's amazing how many people it takes to put these games together! (which is why I have issues w/ insignificant complaints)

Anyways, I'm very fine with them taking longer to put a game out. In fact it would probably be better if they changed the release time since so many other good games come out within the same time frame to compete w/ them.

It's hard for me to vote on those 2 options bcuz I think each AC has been 'fully furnished' already and I do selfishly want one each year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not an issue of finance and budget, it's because of finance and budget. Sales for the AC franchise are incredible (in the 30 million region for 4 games). They're trying to make as much money out of it as they can, and i don't blame them.
However, i thought AC: R was the best one yet, but could have been even better if it'd had a few weeks of polish (e.g. music cues in cut scenes, and getting some of the more obvious bugs in the game). But i wouldn't expect them to release a game any time near or after December 25th of each year, and the first 3 months of every year for a game release is suicide.

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
The higher-ups make the call and as long as millions like us continue to buy every single AC installment, they'll keep releasing it anually until AC3.

Fortunately, I guess it's safe to assume that AC3 will be released next year and then the series will take a break, even though I expect the usual novels, comics and most likely spin-off's to hit the 3DS and Vita.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty sure they're planning on releasing AC3 next year, then after that, they said they were hoping to take a couple of years to possibly develope another one, or just take a break if the higher ups approve. So after next year, they might start slowing things down.

xx-pyro
11-22-2011, 01:45 PM
They have been doing fine with yearly releases, the only one I wish would take another 2 years ot revamp it up a lot would be AC3, so that we get a similar jump in gameplay like AC1-&gt;AC2 was.

Either way, I don't see a whole lot of difference being added with another year besides the obvious polishing, the only difference is that their would be more filler content that really didn't have anything to it, like races/beat-up events/assassination contracts.

AC3 comes next year, which does dissapoint me, but since the gameplay mechanics from AC2 have remained constant throughout ACB/R, there was no reason for them to spend 2 years on it. (Not to mention character models, getting the voice actors to learn an italian accent, etc etc.)

deskpe
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I heard that one company was having to lay off employees. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Game companies laying off employees happes all the time, ususaly after their game is finished.

releasing a game each year also gives them more money each year, and keeps the employees needed.

releasing a game each year also lets them test out ides , im sure AC3 is gonna be another large installment that will take lessons from 4 games instead of just 2 (If brootherhood and revelations wasnt made)
I think ACR being shorter is a sign that the teams are and have been focusing more on AC3

ajl992008
11-22-2011, 02:04 PM
i would like the idea of main games every 2 years but a spin off game in each spare year to fill the gap, mayb another game based on ezio during the ds game or during the 4 years between acb and acr or altiars handheld games. that would be good, that way we get ac every year but the main storyline doesnt get screwed up.

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:

It's hard for me to vote on those 2 options bcuz I think each AC has been 'fully furnished' already and I do selfishly want one each year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not an issue of finance and budget, it's because of finance and budget. Sales for the AC franchise are incredible (in the 30 million region for 4 games). They're trying to make as much money out of it as they can, and i don't blame them.
However, i thought AC: R was the best one yet, but could have been even better if it'd had a few weeks of polish (e.g. music cues in cut scenes, and getting some of the more obvious bugs in the game). But i wouldn't expect them to release a game any time near or after December 25th of each year, and the first 3 months of every year for a game release is suicide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info & input. I didn't know what the sales were on AC at all. I just heard a news report that said game sales were slowing & one company was laying people off, so I assumed maybe that's what some of it was.

And definitely I agree - take the extra time to get it fine-tuned. I doubt any of us would mind that. (even tho we'd see endless posts & threads to HURRY IT UP - what's taking you so long?) lol

RebeccaLH
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I loved AC1 and AC2.
I thought brotherhood was ok and revelations is only slightly better so far.

So.... i think taking more time to make them as good as the first 2.

lukaszep
11-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I doubt any of us would mind that. (even tho we'd see endless posts & threads to HURRY IT UP - what's taking you so long?) lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then there's that as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Taking a year or two off after AC3 sounds like a good idea to me.

Altair661
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Make AC1 in 2007, took four years. Take three years, to make AC2 with three chapters (on 360 3 discs). But fuse in both ACB and ACR, but some of the story can be cut off(*cough* most of ACB Story *cough*), nothing major though. Doesn't need a huge graphics overlap, but it would completely blow people off their feet with the time it has and make a great game.

Then you have two years to make AC3 a great game with good graphics, new gameplay and new stuff to blow everyone away once again. It still lines up with the 2012 storyline they're just dying to line up with and you won't run the series into the ground and it won't feel over done.

Then, you wait for the next gen consoles to make another huge Assassin's Creed game so you can prove you're not milking the series, just trying to inovate it. And give us sometime to breathe and enjoy the game. Work on a new Splinter Cell or R6, or...call me crazy, another Prince of Persia. Boom.

bestscreenname
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I feel like ACR was rushed, especially with the countless errors occurring in both story mode and multiplayer. I understand they are trying to stick to a deadline with the next chapter but they couldve taken a few extra months to polish up Revelations.