PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten far in or completed a stock Ki-43a/b/c campaign?

cmorris975
11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Just curious. I have a strange affinity for the Ki-43, but the guns make it really hard for me to get kills with it. Have any of ya gotten far along with this plane in a campaign?

cmorris975
11-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Just curious. I have a strange affinity for the Ki-43, but the guns make it really hard for me to get kills with it. Have any of ya gotten far along with this plane in a campaign?

DKoor
11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Finished both Burma & regular campaign.
No much prob, all Ai gets owned thru turn eventually.

mortoma
11-27-2007, 08:41 PM
I have before, but I don't remember how far I got. One thing to consider is it is far more competent against planes like the P-40 or P-39 than it is against American Navy fighters like the Cats. The reason of course is the lighter DM on the two army fighters. The Cats and Sairs have tough DM in comparison. So this is why I prefer to fly that type in the New Guinea campaign, because P-39s and 40s are precisely what you will encounter. I have been able to down lots of 39s and 40s.

But a word of caution, attack bombers with extreme care or not all. The weak guns mean you'll have to ping a bomber until you are blue-faced and therefore in the range of the defensive gunners all the more than normal. A B25 is a toughie and I recommend not attacking B-17s at all. Although the B-17D is not as well armed as the later ones.

A good thing about these planes ( and Zero too ) is that although you can't run away from a fight, you sure can climb away!! I've saved myself innumerable times like this.

cmorris975
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Cool cool, gonna try it against some USAAF planes then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Thanks for the info.