PDA

View Full Version : Bullet impact effects

Choctaw111
12-22-2005, 07:50 AM
I had mentioned this in my water spikes thread but no one commented on it so I thought I would start another topic about this. When the tracer rounds hit they leave a nice puff of dust on the ground and the other rounds do not. This is not realistic. The only difference in the impact between a tracer round and other types is that when a tracer hits an object you may see a bright flash as the bullet is deformed and the tracer element is exposed. I love the effects of the puffs of dust kicked up by the tracer rounds but all bullet types should have that kind of dust puff. You can barely even see the impacts from the non tracer rounds as they are very dark in color and closely match the color of the ground on the green maps. In the snow it is not that bad. I think that the impacts look great in the snow especially when the sun is low in the sky and you can see the shadows from the puffs of dirt. GREAT JOB OLEG!!!!!!! I love flying early in the morning or in the evening just to see these great effects!
Anyway speaking from much experience there is no noticeable difference between a tracer impact and other types as far as puffs of dust are concerned.

Choctaw111
12-22-2005, 07:50 AM
I had mentioned this in my water spikes thread but no one commented on it so I thought I would start another topic about this. When the tracer rounds hit they leave a nice puff of dust on the ground and the other rounds do not. This is not realistic. The only difference in the impact between a tracer round and other types is that when a tracer hits an object you may see a bright flash as the bullet is deformed and the tracer element is exposed. I love the effects of the puffs of dust kicked up by the tracer rounds but all bullet types should have that kind of dust puff. You can barely even see the impacts from the non tracer rounds as they are very dark in color and closely match the color of the ground on the green maps. In the snow it is not that bad. I think that the impacts look great in the snow especially when the sun is low in the sky and you can see the shadows from the puffs of dirt. GREAT JOB OLEG!!!!!!! I love flying early in the morning or in the evening just to see these great effects!
Anyway speaking from much experience there is no noticeable difference between a tracer impact and other types as far as puffs of dust are concerned.

Bartolomeo_ita
12-22-2005, 09:14 AM
i want to see tracer bullets reflected

Choctaw111
12-22-2005, 02:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bartolomeo_ita:
i want to see tracer bullets reflected </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that would be nice also. I have mentioned this several times in the past...