PDA

View Full Version : Radio Comms

acs1
04-04-2004, 12:31 PM
I only have one concern with this aspect of IL-2.There isn't enough options available for pilots to select. I'd like to be able to relay a
comm that I am out of ammo, or must disenegage because of damage. Even as a rookie pilot you
should be able to select a few more options. This side of the game has to expanded. I find it a bit unrealistic that the squadron commander in the middle of a dogfight or getting
shot at, has the uncanny ability to know I am headed back to base, and calls out for me to rejoin? I think that the option of selecting the enemy frequency should be discarded and an option of a friendly bomber/fighter should be added. Fighter pilots would be able to tune into
other friendlies (channel B or C), this was especially so during the Battle of Britain and during the air campaigns in the Pacific, let alone during the bombing campaign over Europe.
The other thing I find disconcerting is during
landing sequences everybody and their mother are trying to land at the same time in the same space. There is no proper time interval or distance interval accounted for. There is no way
this type of flying can be reflected in the Battle of Britain or in the Pacific when trying to land on a carrier.This side of the game has to be cleaned up. Anyway those are my suggestions, outside of that can't really say more than how great I've found both IL-2 and IL-2FB. Nice job Oleg.

acs1
04-04-2004, 12:31 PM
I only have one concern with this aspect of IL-2.There isn't enough options available for pilots to select. I'd like to be able to relay a
comm that I am out of ammo, or must disenegage because of damage. Even as a rookie pilot you
should be able to select a few more options. This side of the game has to expanded. I find it a bit unrealistic that the squadron commander in the middle of a dogfight or getting
shot at, has the uncanny ability to know I am headed back to base, and calls out for me to rejoin? I think that the option of selecting the enemy frequency should be discarded and an option of a friendly bomber/fighter should be added. Fighter pilots would be able to tune into
other friendlies (channel B or C), this was especially so during the Battle of Britain and during the air campaigns in the Pacific, let alone during the bombing campaign over Europe.
The other thing I find disconcerting is during
landing sequences everybody and their mother are trying to land at the same time in the same space. There is no proper time interval or distance interval accounted for. There is no way
this type of flying can be reflected in the Battle of Britain or in the Pacific when trying to land on a carrier.This side of the game has to be cleaned up. Anyway those are my suggestions, outside of that can't really say more than how great I've found both IL-2 and IL-2FB. Nice job Oleg.