PDA

View Full Version : Me-262 TOO Slow!

MB-BOB
01-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can someone explain the trick for getting the Me-262 to fly at its advertised superior speed? Best I can do is 340kph. I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure it out.

MB-BOB
01-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can someone explain the trick for getting the Me-262 to fly at its advertised superior speed? Best I can do is 340kph. I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure it out.

SithSpeeder
01-03-2006, 08:16 AM
????
Gear up?
Flaps up?

That's all I can think of. I was flying one the other night online was cruising around at 600 kph.

* _54th_Speeder *

han freak solo
01-03-2006, 08:17 AM
It's a slow accelerator, especially if you try to pitch up before it has reached a good cruising speed. This means even a shallow climb will not allow you to break past "340".

Get the speed up after takeoff by letting her go level for a bit. Then climb up.

LStarosta
01-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Word. It's quite the fast mother facker if you catch my drift.

carguy_
01-03-2006, 10:09 AM
The Me262 does greatly at level altitude.You have to gain some like 5000m and them you go 80% throttle with 560kph sweepin the sky.You have lotsa fuel.Climb andgle max 30deg.

MLudner
01-03-2006, 10:30 AM
You are misreading the Airspeed indicator. The white, main pointer stops there; then watch the gold pointer. The white pointer won't move again until you slow to less then 340, whereupon the gold stops moving.

I will admit that I do not understand why it works like that, but that's the way it is.

It does go faster than that. Put up an Ace La-7 or P-51 and see if they can catch you.
They won't.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Unless you slow down. Just remember to be gentle with the throttle and think ahead.

neural_dream
01-03-2006, 10:35 AM
IAS and TAS MLudner.

Unknown-Pilot
01-03-2006, 10:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MLudner:
You are misreading the Airspeed indicator. The white, main pointer stops there; then watch the gold pointer. The white pointer won't move again until you slow to less then 340, whereupon the gold stops moving.

I will admit that I do not understand why it works like that, but that's the way it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a bug. White is IAS, tan/brown is TAS. But it's *never* worked in the 262, or the 229. Despite many attempts to get it corrected.

It does work properly in the He-162 however.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Unless you slow down. Just remember to be gentle with the throttle and think ahead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Above 6000rpm you can do whatever you want with the throttle, but below that you have to be real careful, or risk a flame out, or flame up.

MLudner
01-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Ah-ha. I thought it was something along those lines, but I could not say with certainty.

Thank you both.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Saunders1953
01-03-2006, 11:25 AM
MB_BOB, don't mean to get this off track, but it's good to see you back. How you been?

MB-BOB
01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saunders1953:
MB_BOB, don't mean to get this off track, but it's good to see you back. How you been? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm doing great, Mark... thanks for asking. Been trolling the paint schemes forum mostly, and was asking the Me-262 question because I've finished a couple revised skins and want to shoot down a few B17s with them. Link to new skins: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/45410763/m/5271014393

But, after making one high speed frontal pass and making the BIG turn into the 6 o'clock position, I find I've lost so much momentum that I can barely close with the buggers.

Thanks all for the tips... I clearly need more practice.

HellToupee
01-03-2006, 08:10 PM
well i once had both engines on fire from some flak hits, as long as i kept flying fast it caused me no trouble and they were still giving the same power, generally u have to shoot them to bits.