PDA

View Full Version : What about the Mediterranean theatre of operations in ww2

arancia
12-15-2004, 12:16 PM
I was wondering if the IL-2 developers are taking into serious considerations releasing an IL-2 game focused on the Mediterranean theatre of operations in WW2.
Infact, given the greater variety of options that such a theatre would offer in terms of terrain features (deserts, straits, open sea, islands etc..), number of nations and aircafts in comperison with the russian or the pacific ones, and considering the excellent work being carried out by the Club Med team with italian aricrafts models, it would be really a pity to waste such a chance

arancia
12-15-2004, 12:16 PM
I was wondering if the IL-2 developers are taking into serious considerations releasing an IL-2 game focused on the Mediterranean theatre of operations in WW2.
Infact, given the greater variety of options that such a theatre would offer in terms of terrain features (deserts, straits, open sea, islands etc..), number of nations and aircafts in comperison with the russian or the pacific ones, and considering the excellent work being carried out by the Club Med team with italian aricrafts models, it would be really a pity to waste such a chance

Bearcat99
12-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Since we have such a diverse plane set... I just use other maps and simulate the Med.

p1ngu666
12-15-2004, 08:26 PM
http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/aep2/

collected info shouts med

J_Weaver
12-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Yea, I just substitute other maps for the med too. But I must admit a few good Med maps would be cool.

LeadSpitter_
12-16-2004, 12:39 AM
I would like to see 2-3 med maps italy or even one large map like this

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/westmed.gif

something we can do historical missions on, half these maps are too small and we cant take off athistorical bases to attack certain islands or japan from iwojima both are seperate maps.

i would like to see them have the smaller maps as well as a large map of the whole theater it would be well worth the wait for load