PDA

View Full Version : Try this again, did not even complete installation

hfmiles
04-28-2010, 07:17 AM
ERROR
Feature: 10_StreetsAndGarden_A
Component:10_A
File: E:\data5.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

What does this mean, how to fix.
Has anyone come across this before

KingDaniel0
04-28-2010, 07:53 AM
------------------------------------------------------

This sounds like a bad drive 'Read' error. You need to check the CD/DVD for dirt and/or scratches. Try cleaning them if possible.

Anyways, first check if it does NOT contain too many scratches, else you need to replace it. Also clean your CD/DVD drive with any cleaning disc, you may have. Is the drive configured properly (the Cables etc.) ? And can you run other DVD/CDs from your drive, and install Games/Applications easily ?

You can also Update the Firmware/driver for the CD/DVD drive, though this won't be necessary. Btw, which Operating System are you using e.g. XP, Vista/7 ?

Disabling DMA (Direct Memory Access) under Windows via the Control Panel, can sometimes help overcome such errors. You can also COPY all the CD/DVD contents to any Hard Drive's location on your PC, If possible, and install the game from there.

BUT first of all, check whether your CD/DVD is damaged or not, and try installing the game again. Or get a replacement.

----------------------------------------------------------------

bubbaganoosh
04-28-2010, 08:20 AM
You may be able to go back to where you bought it and get another copy. Tell them there's something wrong with your DVD. They should replace it no prob (if your DVD is screwed).

Jason-Alaska
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
I've had past install issues that were fixed simply by copying the entire contents of the DVD to the hard drive. Then installing from the hard drive files.

Give that a go.

G0tchaGood
04-30-2010, 02:29 AM
dont bother it wont work
i have THIS EXACT ****ING PROBLEM
a rare occurance my ***

your problem is in data5.cab
so is mine
good one ubisoft, ship an entire line of faulty discs out
top notch company you are