PDA

View Full Version : ACR trailer - Altair visions

GsosolidNavy
10-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure if this was cleared up in the end, but to me it seems like it's just been forgotten?

Why does Ezio get visions of Altair as is shown in the trailer?

Sarari
10-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Which trailer?

roostersrule2
10-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Which trailer? It would be the E3 one.

NewBlade200
10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I believe he is talking about the E3 trailer.

All we can really do is speculate.

AnthonyA85
10-27-2011, 02:50 PM
there's also an Altair vision in one of the new screenshots (check the screenshot thread), we don't know why ezio can see him, it'll probably be explained soon enough anyway.

Sarari
10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
2nd picture. (http://kotaku.com/5853932/these-new-assassins-creed-screenshots-are-revelations/gallery/2)

kriegerdesgottes
10-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't think it means anything more than to show the audience that Ezio will see portions of Altair's life in the game. I don't think there is any more significance to it than wanting to show everyone that Altair is involved. That's just what I think.

twenty_glyphs
10-27-2011, 02:52 PM
My answer is based off some comments from the official Assassin's Creed Facebook account on their post from a while back explaining that Ezio is not Alta´r's descendent. When they posted the link to the YouTube video where Darby explains that Ezio and Alta´r aren't related, people were commenting on the Facebook post about all kinds of issues they had with that, one of them being how did Ezio see Alta´r in Masyaf in that trailer. The AC account responded that it's Ezio's Eagle Vision picking up the echoes of memories that took place in that location and not the bleeding effect from genetic memory. They compared it to the visions that Desmond sees when he is exploring the tunnels under Monterrigioni in Brotherhood. In those visions, Desmond was seeing events that happened in those tunnels, but apparently it was his Eagle Vision seeing them and not him suffering from the Bleeding Effect. So in Desmond's case, it was just a coincidence that he was seeing those memories that were also from one of his ancestors.

It seems like Ezio will see echos of Alta´r's actions when he gets to Masyaf because his Eagle Vision/Sense will pick up on it. The very first screenshot of the Korean screens that came out today shows Ezio following this ghost-like vision (so it will probably lead you around Masyaf the same way Ezio's "ghost" lead Desmond around Monterrigioni), and the trailer from last week showed a ghost-like figure climbing the Masyaf tower while Ezio looked off in the distance. It's an interesting new wrinkle to the series that was never explained before, but it makes Desmond's visions in Monterrigioni make a lot more sense to me.

LightRey
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
there's also an Altair vision in one of the new screenshots (check the screenshot thread), we don't know why ezio can see him, it'll probably be explained soon enough anyway.
Likely eagle-sense related. Just like with the seals.

Sarari
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
OH SNAP! lol I think I've figured out when that screenshot is gonna be played. This is maybe a possible spoiler because I'm just guessing :P

After Ezio jumps off the ledge when he's about to be hung, he has to find a way to get back up to Masyaf village. So he sees Altair jumping on the scaffolding...once again just a guess :P

GsosolidNavy
10-27-2011, 03:01 PM
That definitely sounds like it makes sense twenty_glyphs.

On a slightly off-point, assuming you're right, I find it a bit funny how Ezio only see's Altair? I mean, why doesn't he see ANY of the 1000's of other assassins? (I thought of this when Desmond started to see Altair) If it's because he's in Masyaf, why not Malik or Al Mualim (or the others)? Why doesn't he see the assassin who might even be the next ancestor for AC3? Why does he only see Altair, and why does Desmond only see Altair?

I guess it's just how it is, or it's the fact that maybe the story hasn't been planned out from day one and it is being created as it goes along (obviously with a bit of thought)? Or Altair has something else to him?

Maybe he used to apple or something because he knew in the future he'd need to guide Desmond and Ezio a bit..

This is all obviously assuming twenty_glyphs is right.

NewBlade200
10-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:and the trailer from last week showed a ghost-like figure climbing the Masyaf tower while Ezio looked off in the distance. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Rakudaton
10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I think he probably sees him due to the Seals.

If Altair were his ancestor it would be a simple case of the "bleeding effect" -- only instead of being animus caused, possibly it could be a part of his maturation into Eagle Sense. But they're not related, so I don't see how it can be anything other than the memories from the seals.

roostersrule2
10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:

If Altair were his ancestor it would be a simple case of the "bleeding effect" -- only instead of being animus caused, possibly it could be a part of his maturation into Eagle Sense. But they're not related, so I don't see how it can be anything other than the memories from the seals. They don't have to be related as look how many guards Desmond saw when he was under the villa.

LightRey
10-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:

If Altair were his ancestor it would be a simple case of the "bleeding effect" -- only instead of being animus caused, possibly it could be a part of his maturation into Eagle Sense. But they're not related, so I don't see how it can be anything other than the memories from the seals.
Apparently Eagle Sense/Vision allows someone to view events that are in some way connected to a certain place or object. That's how he's able to see Alta´r and that's the basic way the seals work (and possibly how 'genetic memory' would work now that I think about it).

Rakudaton
10-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

If Altair were his ancestor it would be a simple case of the "bleeding effect" -- only instead of being animus caused, possibly it could be a part of his maturation into Eagle Sense. But they're not related, so I don't see how it can be anything other than the memories from the seals. They don't have to be related as look how many guards Desmond saw when he was under the villa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... but it's assumed that's he's seeing them through Ezio's eyes, due to the bleeding effect.

iN3krO
10-27-2011, 03:52 PM
How can Altair and Ezio not be related? Both have Eagle Vision, Both are Ancestors of Desmond, both are extremly skilled, etc, etc...

Plus, it was no casualitty desmond sees Ezio in monterrigoni underground, As ubisoft explained, that is not bleeding effect as we see in ac2 but yes remembering a memory, it means that desmond was remembering a memory of ezio cuz he has been following ezio in the animus like as ezio follows altair thought the seals, this is why ezio will be able to see altair memories with his eagle vision.

I hope the game doesn't tell you to activate eagle sense or activates it instantly but let you find your self that you will need the eagle sense to discover how to do the mission, it would be much better :$

LightRey
10-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
How can Altair and Ezio not be related? Both have Eagle Vision, Both are Ancestors of Desmond, both are extremly skilled, etc, etc...

Plus, it was no casualitty desmond sees Ezio in monterrigoni underground, As ubisoft explained, that is not bleeding effect as we see in ac2 but yes remembering a memory, it means that desmond was remembering a memory of ezio cuz he has been following ezio in the animus like as ezio follows altair thought the seals, this is why ezio will be able to see altair memories with his eagle vision.

I hope the game doesn't tell you to activate eagle sense or activates it instantly but let you find your self that you will need the eagle sense to discover how to do the mission, it would be much better :$
They're not related. It was confirmed a while ago. Every human has the potential for Eagle Vision/Sense. It's just that direct descendants of TWCB have less trouble doing so.

Jexx21
10-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Ezio sees Altair through Eagle Sense. The reason he ONLY sees Altair is probably related to it being a key moment in Altair's life, and that Ezio was specifically looking for the secrets of Altair's life, and just finished reading Marco Polo's journal which recorded three stories from Altair's life.

Desmond saw the scenes under Monterigionni because of Eagle Vision and possibly because it was maturing into Eagle Sense. Now, the reason why it ISN'T the bleeding effect, is most likely because he didn't think he was Ezio going through the tunnel. For example, if it was the bleeding effect, Desmond would of actually of thought he was Ezio going through the tunnels, sort of like Ezio's consciousness, memories, and personality over-riding his brain.

Altair and Ezio are not related. They just both had high concentrations of TWCB DNA in their body, and they were both amazing Assassins. The two, are however linked by their families having a friendship with the Polos. Now, the reason why UbiSoft didn't want them to be related, is so that Desmond is the convergence of many amazing bloodlines, and thus he had a lot of TWCB DNA in his blood. Possibly 50%?

tl;dr

Bleeding Effect =/= Eagle Sense

Bleeding Effect = Mind gone crazy

Eagle Sense = Mind still together

Altiar is not related to Ezio. They are just both related to Desmond

twenty_glyphs
10-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:and the trailer from last week showed a ghost-like figure climbing the Masyaf tower while Ezio looked off in the distance. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In last week's "No Mercy" trailer at 1:34, you can see a ghostly, shimmmering figure climbing the Masyaf tower behind Ezio.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5584/ghostw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/ghostw.jpg/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZyUy4ot9Ck

The theory is that for some reason, Eagle Vision/Sense lets you see residual memories from the location you are at. So Ezio would only be able to see things that happened right where he's currently at. I would imagine the reason Ezio only sees Alta´r and Desmond only sees Ezio and other soldiers is because those memories are related to what they are currently looking for, so they could be more attuned to seeing those specific memories and not everything that had ever happened in that location. It also seems to be an explanation for the new Eagle Sense mechanic where Ezio will be able to see a "ghost" of his current target and the path they took while he's following them.

EscoBlades
10-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Guys...you have to remember that Ezio also sees Leandros's ghost in the Gamescom demo from a while back. Its about sixth sense, traces of the past that he can see, or is attuned to... it has nothing to do with blood relations.

You see the visions from a third person perspective, not through the ghosts eyes.

YHHTQ
10-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Guys...you have to remember that Ezio also sees Leandros's ghost in the Gamescom demo from a while back. Its about sixth sense, traces of the past that he can see, or is attuned to... it has nothing to do with blood relations.

You see the visions from a third person perspective, not through the ghosts eyes.

He sees a trail similar to the one Desmond sees in Monteriggioni, the one in blood, not a ghost like Ezio sees Alta´r.

Jexx21
10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
No, he sees a ghost. I remember seeing it in the gamescom demo.

LightRey
10-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
No, he sees a ghost. I remember seeing it in the gamescom demo.
This.

I'm still wondering if the Animus works by eagle sense used on the subject's DNA...

cisshong
10-28-2011, 07:24 PM
http://youtu.be/7f9_l3wDkgA

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 10:11 PM
I liked the original music better.

SleezeRocker
10-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Guys...you have to remember that Ezio also sees Leandros's ghost in the Gamescom demo from a while back. Its about sixth sense.

I bet this is what Ezio is thinking:

http://www.koolbadges.co.uk/images/thumbnails/i%20see%20dead%20people-200x200.jpg