PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Joy

dashman
07-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi, all,

I've been playing off line for some time and have posted a few questions in the past and I'm here to ask another.

I could only find a passing reference to this problem when searching the site, so my apologies if it's one that is common.

I installed IL2 Joy and had some problems understanding how to use it. It apparently altered my config file (I'm guessing) so that my throttle readings on the right of the screen only go from 44-66. The engine will not completely throttle down.

I did mess with the throttle option on the app (seemed like a cool thing to do), so that's probably what did it.

I would like to be able get comfortable with IL2 Joy, but would also like to be able to go without it until I get it figured out.

any ideas on how to refigure my settings to get back to normal?

BTW, my IL2 Joy doesn't show up with all the parameters to adjust, such as flaps and no red/green blocks in the horizontal bars in the upper right. Is that just a bad install?

Thanks!

dashman
07-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi, all,

I've been playing off line for some time and have posted a few questions in the past and I'm here to ask another.

I could only find a passing reference to this problem when searching the site, so my apologies if it's one that is common.

I installed IL2 Joy and had some problems understanding how to use it. It apparently altered my config file (I'm guessing) so that my throttle readings on the right of the screen only go from 44-66. The engine will not completely throttle down.

I did mess with the throttle option on the app (seemed like a cool thing to do), so that's probably what did it.

I would like to be able get comfortable with IL2 Joy, but would also like to be able to go without it until I get it figured out.

any ideas on how to refigure my settings to get back to normal?

BTW, my IL2 Joy doesn't show up with all the parameters to adjust, such as flaps and no red/green blocks in the horizontal bars in the upper right. Is that just a bad install?

Thanks!

fraidycat1
07-19-2008, 07:05 AM
You need to put a value (from 0- 100) in each of the little boxes. Then set iether curve or linier for each control. 0 in the first, 100 in the second, and curve for elevator, rudder, and alerons. Then 0-100 linier for the rest is a good start. Im not too good explaining things, someone else will make it more claer probly.

FoolTrottel
07-19-2008, 08:27 AM
To understand what JoyControl can do for you, you must first understand Setting up axis sensitivity (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm#006)
Read up on that first, then retry.

- JoyControl will only show the HOTAS controls you've actually assigned to sliders.
- If the throttle reading stays between 44-66, and you can't get it to 0 or max in game, try and setting all of the sensitivity values for the throttle to 100, if that does not help, the thing will need to be re-calibrated.

Good Luck!

dashman
07-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have tried numerous axis settings, some based on Oleg's and Ivan's as mentioned in the link. I have not read that whole article,though, and will sometime this weekend. Also will try the suggestions based on 100 from FoolTrottel and fraidycat.

I actually uninstalled IL2Joy to start all over fresh and the throttle has stayed the same 44-66. That's why I think my config file is still altered, but I'm not sure where in the config file to look to readjust to previous values.

May have to reinstall IL2 itself and go through the whole version update process...ugh.

fraidycat1
07-19-2008, 10:24 PM
dashman, you dont need to reinstall the the game. Just reinstall joycontrol and click on every little box, changing all the values to 100. Then go fly and see how you plane responds. then go back and chnge all the boxes on the left side to zero , leaving the ones on the right side at 100. and fly again. Everytime you change the numbers it changes the settings in your ini. file.

dashman
07-20-2008, 06:09 AM
thanks, fraidycat1 - I'll give it a shot.

Tully__
07-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Note that you have to exit the game and restart it after each change to settings made with JoyControl as the game only reads the conf file when it first starts.

dashman
07-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks, all, I did get the throttle back to normal and started trying out different settings and curve vs linear options.

One thing I wondered about when I first saw IL2 Joy mentioned is that you can enter settings greater than 100. What does that do?

Thanks again.