PDA

View Full Version : few ?s about merging

jalopi
03-08-2006, 12:35 PM
i have pf with all patches. if i install il2 and want to merge, will i have uninstall pf and delete the folder to get rid of the standalone patches? (yes i know save all my skins and missions and configurations) and reinstall it and along with il2 and all the merge patches? also what cd will i have to use to be able to play the merged sims? does it matter once merged which cd, i mean can i use either the pf or il2 cd?

Skycat_2
03-08-2006, 03:28 PM
You won't have to uninstall your current version of PF. It has its own location on your harddrive that is separate from the 'merged' PF installation. You can keep them both or uninstall the standalone PF at your discretion.

Install FB and AEP discs (no patches needed) and then PF again but this tiem as the FB+AEP+PF option. Then add the whole series of patches -- starting with pf_v303m -- that end with the lower case 'm.'

When you launch you'll still have to use the PF disc.

Billy_BigBoy
03-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Hi jalopi,

First, what do you mean with il2, is it the original il2 or il2 Forgotten Battles?
For the merge you need Forgotten Battles along with Ace's Expansion Pack, you can't merge Pacific Fighters with il2. BTW all the planes in il2 you can also find in Forgotten Battles.
After the merge you have to patch the whole shebang up to 4.04. More about patching you will find on this forum.

jalopi
03-08-2006, 04:29 PM
thanks y'all for answering... afraid it was for not tho. because yes i wanted to merge orignal il2 and pf and Bill_BigBoy replied that they can not be merged just the two. reckon i gotta get forgotten battles and aep. och!
thanks

Skycat_2
03-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Good luck finding FB and AEP (or the combo version of both called "IL-2 Gold Pack"). I think they have fallen out of production to prepare for the anticipated trilogy DVD-Rom that will be FB+AEP+PF(+?). The DVD's projected release has been moved to the end of this month but even if the date keeps getting bumped down we can assume that it will be available 'soon.'

Bearcat99
03-09-2006, 02:31 AM
I just bought one last week.. actually The GOLD pack and PF...the comp usa in Alexandrisa Va has a few still on the shelves.. I bought it for someone.. but if he doesnt pick them up soon I am going to sell them.