PDA

View Full Version : How do you order people to attack a specific target?

Foehammer-1
09-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Ok, I have a bit of a problem with my squadron now. I'm playing the original Il-2 Bomber campaign. made it to Colonel (polkovnik), from Mladshiy Leitenant, so I'm decent:P Anywho, there's a big problem.

This one mission has our infantry in Novorossiysk, and there are a few tank columns coming down the mountain to meet them. I have my own flight and 2 more, so that makes Zveno 1,2 and 4. I armed the first 2 with AJ-2, the last one with bombs and rockets.

As we approach the tanks, I give order to "attack tanks". What does everybody do? They ALL drop ALL their load on a single bloody flak gun about 2 km away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Now, I specifically ordered attacking tanks (5 columns). My AJ-2 burns out about half of them, and I really need some more help.

What I found that works is if I manually lead my wing above the target tanks and tell them to attack tanks, and then they do. However, other wings don't care and attack the stupid flak gun. I can't complete the mission.

Any clues on how to deal with this??

Foehammer-1
09-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Ok, I have a bit of a problem with my squadron now. I'm playing the original Il-2 Bomber campaign. made it to Colonel (polkovnik), from Mladshiy Leitenant, so I'm decent:P Anywho, there's a big problem.

This one mission has our infantry in Novorossiysk, and there are a few tank columns coming down the mountain to meet them. I have my own flight and 2 more, so that makes Zveno 1,2 and 4. I armed the first 2 with AJ-2, the last one with bombs and rockets.

As we approach the tanks, I give order to "attack tanks". What does everybody do? They ALL drop ALL their load on a single bloody flak gun about 2 km away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Now, I specifically ordered attacking tanks (5 columns). My AJ-2 burns out about half of them, and I really need some more help.

What I found that works is if I manually lead my wing above the target tanks and tell them to attack tanks, and then they do. However, other wings don't care and attack the stupid flak gun. I can't complete the mission.

Any clues on how to deal with this??

WTE_Galway
09-25-2008, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Foehammer-1:

Any clues on how to deal with this?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In terms of your own flight that will accept orders from you, I am only aware of one reliable way of doing this.

Unfortunately it means you cannot play "full switch" you have to allow padlock.

Basically you need to padlock the ground target and once its highlighted tell your AI companions to "Attack my target".

As far as other flights that you cannot directly give order to ... there is not much you can do except maybe take out the flak gun yourself early on so they search for a new target.

Foehammer-1
09-25-2008, 08:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As far as other flights that you cannot directly give order to ... there is not much you can do except maybe take out the flak gun yourself early on so they search for a new target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hum, really? Wouldn't that padlock thing work for them as well? I mean, they all say they will attack tanks...

Btw, how does padlock work? I used it in Lock On, but is there such a thing in Il-2?

WTE_Galway
09-25-2008, 08:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Foehammer-1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">As far as other flights that you cannot directly give order to ... there is not much you can do except maybe take out the flak gun yourself early on so they search for a new target. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hum, really? Wouldn't that padlock thing work for them as well? I mean, they all say they will attack tanks...

Btw, how does padlock work? I used it in Lock On, but is there such a thing in Il-2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is definitely padlock in IL2. Go to your key mapping and see what padlock ground is mapped to. Then hit that key to toggle through available ground targets.

If you can give any orders to a flight at all, then you can order them to attack your target.