PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 Rating at IGN.COM

tromadz
11-13-2007, 01:09 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/834/834770p1.html

wow...Hilary did the written review too. And we know what he holds dear. "Durr, the story isn't good so I'm going to give it a low rating even though I said the game controls are inventive, the rooftop running and climbing is fun. But the story disappoints me!"

amster1985
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
8.0 graphics? Somebody better check this man for drugs.

JohnsHomegirl
11-13-2007, 02:04 PM
This review is from IGN, and it's not a first person shooter... do the math.

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Ouch, Melonie PWNED Ign xD

Mythos087
11-14-2007, 07:43 AM
I don't understand how come IGN gave those ratings....7.5 for PS3 and 7.7 for XBOX360.
I mean gamespot gave 9.0 gametrailers 9.1 famitsu 37/40 gamepro 5/5....
I mean the last 3 days we heard in a lot of forums from gamers about the repetitive bs,but i don't think that's just it.Because eventually all come to the conclusion that all games become repetitive though gamers play them because they enjoy them i guess.So that's invalid.
Also,please don't flame about what i am going to say...I'm a PS3 owner but it's not that it matters i love this game and i'm going to buy it when it's available.I remember reading in a lot of forums(including this one) and interviews about the usual where this game runs better.And everyone said they are almost the same.The only difference would be in a little better framerate for PS3 and better lightning for XBOX360,making them equal in their way.So why IGN gives the 0.2 for 360?If it was 0.5+ i wouldn't have this question but the 0.2 is frustrating http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif
Not because of the stupid fanboyism war,i find it pointless,i mean they could have had the same rating this way because everyone said they are identical but no.
Any ideas,why ign became so unfair not because of the 0.2 difference but because took less than 8.5 on both consoles?

mulloc
11-14-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Mythos087:
I'm a PS3 owner but it's not that it matters i love this game and i'm going to buy it when it's available.The only difference would be in a little better framerate for PS3 and better lightning for XBOX360,making them equal in their way.Not because of the stupid fanboyism war,i find it pointless

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

i agree being a 360 owner and seeing some of the reviews really makes you think about how biased some of the companies are. oh we will give the 360 version an 8 and ps3 -1,000,000,000
FOR THE SAME GAME LIKE WTF?????

Ti.llama
11-14-2007, 09:08 AM
One thing that many of you are not mentioning about the negative reviews is that many of them have made it a point to say that it was a bad idea to front load the futuristic twist, and that it should have been saved for the ending.

I think this type of criticism is to be expected, especially when you consider that UBI was determined to not disclose or comment about the Futuristic stuff during all the media hype events and interviews. It always struck me as rather ridiculous that the spokesperson from UBI wouldn't comment on something that is reveled during the first few minutes of game play.

I think this sales strategy was a mistake and created certain expectations for the game that eventually worked against it in some of the reviews.

I hope the game does well in the market, but I am also glad that some of the reviews were able to focus their reporting on game aspects that were of personal interest to me- like how the enemies wont simultaneously attack you even though they are in large groups. I'm still not sure what to think about the one comment from the IGN reviewer that basically made the statement that the game is unplayable in the later stages on the PS3. Before I buy the game this is an issue that really needs to resolved as to whether or not there is any truth to this.

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I'll be honest, this Hillary guy saying "They shouldn't have done that at the beginning" made me laugh. I'd like to see some of HIS experience with making games, or a certificate saying that anyone gave a rat's ***. >.>

Fates.Dark.Hand
11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
7.5?

hahahha laughable. The IGN game reviewers really has been going downhill for a while now

ifiwerearichman
11-14-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm just gonna redirect you here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1191057706) like I was before my topic got locked (though the guy that made that topic should edit it cause he has 7.7 unless if he is refering to the AU review).