PDA

View Full Version : AC3 in the 1800 Greece

Noodles-GS
03-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Ok I hate typing so I'm going to keep this short; I recon AC3 should be set in Greece during its war for independence for the following reasons.

1) There won't be a lack of historical buildings to climb all over.

2) The Greek war of independence was backed by secret organisations eg the Filiki Eteria. This organisation had several levels of initiation one being called 'brothers' and had members like Tsar of Russia Alexander I

3) Greece is near Italy, so itís easy to transition from Italy (ACB) to Greece (AC3) and this occurs after brotherhood so the protagonist can still have all of Ezio's old toys.

4) The Greeks were heavily oppressed at this time which would lead to a good story and a reason for the guards to chase the hell out of you.

5) The mythology with the gods and the temples are also similar so it keeps with the story.

6) Lastly and most importantly the Greeks used a lot and I mean a lot of ASSASSINS.

chizzy12
03-26-2011, 09:13 AM
1800...ezio's old toys...

wat

Noodles-GS
03-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Oh sorry by ezio's "old toys" I meant his weapons and the 1800s is when this all occured.

Colossus_1191
03-26-2011, 09:50 AM
It makes sense. But so do many different events in history.

Ubisoft needs another series (or more) to cover the AC universe. This would allow different types of games so that we weren't restricted from certain areas just because there isn't sufficient free-running/climbing.

Noodles-GS
03-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
It makes sense. But so do many different events in history.

Ubisoft needs another series (or more) to cover the AC universe. This would allow different types of games so that we weren't restricted from certain areas just because there isn't sufficient free-running/climbing.

Yeh I agree there are so many different events in history they could do that would fit, thatís basically why I mentioned this one. After reading a thousand posts about feudal Japan, I thought I'd try to come up with an alternative that hasn't been mentioned.

crash3
03-26-2011, 04:26 PM
greece would be cool to explore and although loads of people have said the story can only move forward in time i think ancient greece in athens in the classical period would be fanctastic coz that was when democracy had recently been invented in athens and athens plays a huge role in fighting off the persian invasion you could play as darius who is one of the statues at monterrgioni sanctuary, he is the one who kills the persian emperor Xerxes

to be honest i would like to play as all of the statues shown at monterrigioni all of their stories are pretty interesting

denizcs
03-28-2011, 08:15 AM
I think the times of the ottoman empire would be nice aswell, but AC1 was pretty close to that.

ThaWhistle
03-28-2011, 09:41 AM
ancient greece and ancient rome are too similar to most people, it would be like ACB 2.0. I don't think it would work. Plus the French Revolution, or the Americas makes more sense.

L0lwu7
03-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I like the idea of Frenchdom. Greece sounds just as good. If the next game is either of these I will be happy.

Mr_Shade
03-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Please post all theories in the ongoing AC3 and beyond thread :

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6831010868 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif