PDA

View Full Version : NEW Pacific Fighters campaigns and meataball wing fix for Zeros!

MK2aw
11-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Ok this is not rocket science or magic but I created a zip file for those of us who would rather not mess around with the data base files (DB).

There will be a read me text in the zip file that will explain installation.

The €œMK2€ patch will contain the following below. Some of it fixes historical inaccuracies and others contain more flexibility (even if not particularly historical, as an example, you may now fly the P-38J in new Guinea, a bit earlier than history dictated but still with in flexible limits of reality€¦we€re talking 5 months earlier people€¦same planes opposed it).

Added P-38J USAAF land based career to the New Guinea campaign (semi historical, a bit early, not by much)
Added F65F Navy Career to the Marianas (historical)
Added ki-61 Tony career to the JAAF in Tarawa (not historical)

AI planes you €œmight €œrun into during campaign play, don€t be surprised if you spot the following:

Guadalcanal

Added B5N2
Added PBN1 (rare but possible)
Added B-17D (rare but possible)

Removed Ki-43 (historical)

Marianas

Added F65F
Added TB3
Added B5N2
Added Ki-46
Added A6m2

Tarawa
Added Ki-61 (rare, not historical but remotely possible based on one encounter)

New Guinea

Added P-38J (5 months early but very semi historical, 5 months later there was no change)
Added B5N2
Added KI-46
Added D3a1

I also include a skin, and instructions for installation , to fix the Meatballs on the Zero€s wings for all campaigns (A6m2).

I will send it to whoever asks via e-mail (my e-mail is mk2@bellsouth.net) but I would rather load it up somewhere for download, so let me know your suggestions.

One last thing€¦if you have a PF only install, do you still have the P-38J? My friend has a PF only install but I can only verify the P-38L.

This should be ready late tonight for some Sunday gaming.

Mk2aw

Snuffy Smith
11-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Yes, I just emailed you for it. My Verizon MyWeb is down right now, but I may be able to upload it for you next week if they get their Site Builder fixed.

MK2aw
11-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Ok I am quite amazed at the hundreds of request(mostly simhq!). I ask all of you to be patient as I will ge the file out to all of you on a first come first serve bases.

Here is the latest read me file, reworked:

Please make a back up of your DGEN folder. If you experience any difficulties, simply revert back to your original folder.

Installation instructions:

Please dump the .dat files into the DGEN folder and over write existing files.
Please place A6m2.bmp file into the a6m2 ,a6m2-21 and a6m2-n folders located in the paintschemes/skins folder. This will fix the Zero€s meatballs.

The €œMK2€ patch will contain the following below. Some of it fixes historical inaccuracies and others contain more flexibility (even if not particularly historical, as an example, you may now fly the P-38J in new Guinea, a bit earlier than history dictated but still with in flexible limits of reality€¦we€re talking 5 months earlier people€¦same planes opposed it).

Added P-38J USAAF land based career to the New Guinea campaign (semi historical, a bit early, not by much)
Added Ki-61 Tony Careerto the New Guinea campaign (semi historical, a bit early, not by much)
Added F65F Navy Career to the Marianas (historical)
Added ki-61 Tony career to the JAAF in Tarawa (not historical)

AI planes you €œmight €œrun into during campaign play, don€t be surprised if you spot the following:

Marianas

Added F65F
Added TB3
Added Ki-46
Added A6m2

Tarawa
Added Ki-61 (rare, not historical but remotely possible based on one encounter)

New Guinea

Added P-38J (5 months early but very semi historical, 5 months later there was no change)
Added B5N2
Added KI-46
Added D3a1
Added KI-61

Some planes that have been added to the campaigns might not show up (this is still under going testing) most will.
If you wish to revert back to the original skin on the Zero A6m2 planes,you will have to go to the individual files contained in this zip (where applicable). use notepad in windows, to open each file , and remove the reference to the A6m2.bmp file contained in the text.

Enjoy!.

Some of the planes above might not show up (this is still undergoing testing) but most will.

I also include a skin, and instructions for installation , to fix the Meatballs on the Zero€s wings for all campaigns (A6m2).

I will send it to whoever asks via e-mail (my e-mail is mk2@bellsouth.net)but I would rather load it up somewhere for download, so let me know your suggestions.

One last thing€¦if you have a PF only install, do you still have the P-38J? My friend has a PF only install but I can only verify the P-38L.

This should be ready late tonight for some Sunday gaming.

Mk2aw

maxlitwin
11-28-2004, 11:12 PM
hehehe, that's what you get for agreeing to email it to people yourself, see if someone will host it on their website for you. or you could upload the skin to il2skins.com and include the other stuff with it.

jamesdietz
11-29-2004, 09:30 AM
When is your guesstimate for release of all this hard work???