PDA

View Full Version : How do you do this move?

timpbader
05-29-2010, 05:08 AM
How do you do this single blade high profile stab to the back?
Seen at 1:23 in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0e_90hMLY
Thanks

El_Sjietah
05-29-2010, 06:37 AM
It's a finishing move you can do in combat. I believe you need to sidestep an attack so the enemy goes past you and attack him from behind. If you get lucky, that move happens.

Six_Gun
05-29-2010, 04:09 PM
By the looks of it, he just went into free move mode by toggling target lock off and moved behind one of the men preoccupied with someone else and stabbed him in the back with the hidden blade. Not very hard to do it that way really.

It's a bit trickier to do it when the fight is just one on one, esp if it's against a fast opponent like the Agile Guards that run fast. I've done it via dodging sometimes, or via a quick step maneuver where you come out of a high profile (block) stance and move more quickly.

It's not hard against Brutes, esp if they're worn down by offensive attacks, because they get winded easily and are already slow to begin with. In group battles like in that vid though, it can easily be done against anyone, because they're much less focused on you.

Lately in group battles, esp big ones like the Battle of Forli, I toggle target lock off every time I kill someone, so I can quickly run with sword in hand (R Mouse) and get behind someone that's attacking those I'm defending. You don't have to target lock either, just facing them from behind while hitting L Mouse allows you to do a blind side kill.