PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Help:P

IZT
11-13-2004, 03:13 AM
Ok so im Not that new...ive played FB and AEP now im at PF naturally i just love the game. Now what i am new to however is the Pilot Career. So i start this USN pilot career and ****...it ain't all waht i expected. i have to wait LONG for a battle, most of the mission is travelling...then in the next mission im supposed to fight 10 Kates and 20 Zekes with 4 to 8 F4-3s and of course i cannot win my carrier gets blown up mission failed due to exceptional losses....sigh what am i doing wrong? Please help me to enjoy the Plot Careers more!

Tully__
11-13-2004, 03:20 AM
The first thing to do is turn off the "No Instant Success" difficulty setting before starting a campaign. With that setting off you can continue a campaign regardless of whether you succeed or not, provided you're not captured and alive.

Second, there's a post about somewhere announcing version 3.11beta of the DGen campaign generator software, find and download it.

3rd, realise that the Pacific Ocean is a BIG place. Even short missions covered long distances.

Athosd
11-13-2004, 03:32 AM
Here's a link to the DGEN 3.11 beta

ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/pf/downloads/DGen/DGenBeta311.zip

If that doesn't work you can find the news item in the October news archive (news archive available on home page top left).

Tully__
11-13-2004, 03:46 AM
3DGamers have it too: Here (http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/pacificfighters/dgenbeta311.zip.html)