PDA

View Full Version : [Off-Topic] Crackdown = Overhyped?

Howler13
02-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Obviously, this is aimed more at the 360-owning members.

Most of you have probably heard about Crackdown. I have yet to see a poster or advertisement for the game that has not mentioned the fact that the game will comes with a special Halo 3 beta multiplayer invite with it. It makes me wonder: Is the game getting too much attention because of Halo 3? I've played the demo, and it does seem like a very fun game. However, the reviews are out, and it's scores are... average. What do you guys think?

A. Crackdown is great! The Halo 3 invite is just a bonus.
B. The game is alright, but it's getting too much attention because of the Halo invite.
C. If it weren't for Halo, no one would care about this game.

princeofyo
02-23-2007, 02:11 PM
The game looks pretty bad in my opinion. Graphics look weird, and I'm not much of a fan of game were you kill for absolutly no reason.

I think most people will be getting it for the Halo 3 beta.

chewie1890
02-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I didn't like the game when I played it personally. So I'm gonna guess its getting the press for the Beta invite.

cooldude6681
02-23-2007, 03:03 PM
It's an OK game on its own. I'd only rent it or wait until it's price drops to $20-$35.
On the Halo 3 beta deal, the TV commercial for Crackdown doesn't mention the Halo 3 beta whatsoever.

Anubis14_360
02-23-2007, 03:28 PM
but how would they get something this big? did halo ask hey would you like to make lots of meoany. how did they get halo to say if you buy a copy you get a invite to halo 3

cooldude6681
02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Well, the Halo 3 beta is being run by Microsoft, not Bungie. Bungie is merely providing the software, while Microsoft is hyping up the game.
If you play Crackdown or the Crackdown demo, you'll notice the Microsoft Game Studios logo appear, which I'm assuming means Microsoft is either making or producing Crackdown.
So, with Microsoft in control of both the game and the beta, they have the ability to decide how everything is going to work.

xasspenx
02-24-2007, 12:20 PM
This game is definatly overhyped because it isnt good so they put the halo 3 beta to back it up which doesnt surprise me because crackdown isnt very innovating from what ive read so far.

BD360
02-24-2007, 01:17 PM
I can't help but remember the "Zone of Ender" (or whatever the title was) being released with the MGS2 demo disc. That game sucked. I beat it in about 3 hours and then took it to gamestop to try and recoup some $$$, but they already had 20-30 used copies and wouldn't buy mine.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Crackdown goes the way of Zone of Ender.

Howler13
02-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BD360:
I can't help but remember the "Zone of Ender" (or whatever the title was) being released with the MGS2 demo disc. That game sucked. I beat it in about 3 hours and then took it to gamestop to try and recoup some $$$, but they already had 20-30 used copies and wouldn't buy mine.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Crackdown goes the way of Zone of Ender.

Well, people hare gonna have to wait until the beta is actually availible to download, which won't be until mid-March. And while Halo 3 means nothing to me, Crackdown does seem somewhat interesting, so I'll give it a rent.

And I think the game was Zone of the Enders. We've got about 5 copies at work used for $3.

MrN78
02-24-2007, 09:30 PM
dude i have Crackdown.
Its really really fun.

The gameplay is Solid
The Graphics are good

the only Thing i hate about it
is during the game there's an announcer who's annoying as hell
its also quite short

rahul911
02-25-2007, 10:25 PM
me buying crackdown...not happeneing...even though they r iving the beta..but since i'm not at all interested in Halo series...i won't give it a shot..I honestly think AC is definately capable of kicking sum halo ***

XxKillabytexX
02-26-2007, 02:33 AM
me buying crackdown...not happeneing...even though they r iving the beta..but since i'm not at all interested in Halo series...i won't give it a shot..I honestly think AC is definately capable of kicking sum halo ***

I torn between Assassins and Halo 3.

Im definately getting both but I hope AC comes out before Halo 3.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif I know so don't point it out.

fromer11
02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I own crackdown and think it's a very solid game on it's own. You really can't be looking for too much depth in it(nothing compared to what Assassin's is going to offer :P). It's just a really fun game to pop in and mess around with. I dig the cell shaded look they gave it, very comic bookish, and the abilities are just a blast to mess with. There are so many possibilities in the game to keep your entertained for a loooong time especially with a great co-op mode to boot. The halo 3 demo is just an added plus in my mind. I would have bought crackdown if it didn't come w/ the demo anyway.

But I do ditto what MrN78 said, the announcer guy gets old fast. There needs to be an option to shut him up.

WildDog9
02-28-2007, 03:33 AM
Crackdown is extremely repetitive, but it is indeed solid and fun. I wouldn't recommend buying it until a price drop, or rent it. Use the extra 30 US Dollars (or your currency) for download content for other games or arcade games, etc.

Zealk
02-28-2007, 06:20 PM
How can you have no interest in halo 3?

the other halo games were some of the best shooters of all time. Are you not a fan of shooters or are you one of those people who dont like good games?

SpyderNynja
02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
yes, Crackdown is over hyped, its another gta clone with cell shaded graphics (which, although cool, do not belong on a 360).

Really, I agree with Gamespot's "Best Game That Came Out This Month?" poll with the leading answer being "Halo 3 Beta: Featuring Crackdown!"

WildDog9
03-01-2007, 04:11 AM
IS EVERYONE FRIGGEN FREE ROAM GAME A GTA CLONE? God damn...I hate people like that, no offense Swift.

XxKillabytexX
03-01-2007, 04:30 AM
How can you have no interest in halo 3?

the other halo games were some of the best shooters of all time. Are you not a fan of shooters or are you one of those people who dont like good games?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif The halo series are the BEST games and if you say thay are **** than you havent played them or your really bad at them and just using that as an excuse for your suck suck suckiness (I KNOW SUCKINESS ISNT A WORD)

Assassins Creed is just a Great game of a different genure and thats why i like it.

lovinSC911
03-01-2007, 08:12 AM
halo is overrated, end of story, u talk of crackdown being repeatitive(sp?)what do u do in halo that isnt the same exact thing u did on the last lvl? run in an area shoot some losers, run in another area, shoot some more losers, with the occassional vehicle to drive, its the same game on or offline, dont get me wrong i love FPS and it is a good game, its just way to over-rated

Howler13
03-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't like FPS, but I'm perticularly opposed to Halo for another reason that I don't want to get into here (unless we want to turn this into a halo thread, which I don't, so another time, another thread). I've played both Halos, didn't like them, so I have no interest in Halo 3. Crackdown does seem interesting (kind of reminds me of the Spiderman games...), but I'll just rent (only rented the SM games, too, and I liked those for the record). And I've never played a GTA, so I'm not gonna compare the two.

Of course I like good games. I like God of War. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Doesn't get much better than that (except for GoW2). Of course, "good" is in the eye of the beholder, so "good games" is a very vague term.

And, really, what game isn't somewhat repetitive? If a game changed what you were doing every few minutes, it would... well, be a Warioware or Mario Pary game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Just for the record, cell-shaded graphics, when done right, look amazing. The kicker is I've yet to play a cell-shaded game that HASN'T been done right.

SpyderNynja
03-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by WildDog9:
IS EVERYONE FRIGGEN FREE ROAM GAME A GTA CLONE? God damn...I hate people like that, no offense Swift.

not all of em, just all the ones with guns and cars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

none taken btw

::EDIT::

MY POST COUNT SAYS "1337!" lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

danny.b87
03-02-2007, 09:13 AM
i looked at it and from my point of view its looks like it sucks

Eyhren
03-19-2007, 12:44 PM
i thought the demo was shaite. i got it for the halo 3 beta... played it and it was confirmed that the game is completely utterly ****. but buy it anyway for the beta http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

assassin1994
03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
i've completed the game and i thought it was ok, still wanna try that halo 3 beta test though

tailstriker
03-19-2007, 02:05 PM
i might pick up a used copy just for something to do while i wait for AC.

GoldenHawk442
03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by XxKillabytexX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How can you have no interest in halo 3?

The halo series are the BEST games

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Oh wait, you were serious. That statement is wrong on multiple levels.

RetiredHatch
03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Well you're wrong too

That statement is wrong in EVERY way not just multiple

Seifer1921
03-21-2007, 10:37 PM
No one really cares about the game.