PDA

View Full Version : Saving Campaign Before Merged Install

vocatx
04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Also posted in Community Help:

First off I want to thank everyone who has been kind enough to help me through this whole "computer up-grade" experience. Dieg777 recommended puchasing memory from crucial.com, and his recommendation was right on the money. I ordered two sticks of 512 yesterday about 2:00 pm and it arrived this afternoon! I didn't ask for overnight shipping and this is shipping the box over 1000 miles! 1 GB is a major improvement. I expect my video card by the end of the week. I got it at Tiger Direct.

To the point of this post: I wish to do a combined install of PF over FB/AEP. I am 50+ missions in on a campaign. I was told to save the files, then place them into the combined install. Exactly which files, and how? Do I insert them before or after patching. I have been running totally unpatched. Anyone reading my previous posts here knows I am computer stupid, but my wife (who works with data files all day) can't figure out which ones to save.

If I can get this done I am almost ready to become on-line cannon fodder. I can't wait!
S!

vocatx
04-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Also posted in Community Help:

First off I want to thank everyone who has been kind enough to help me through this whole "computer up-grade" experience. Dieg777 recommended puchasing memory from crucial.com, and his recommendation was right on the money. I ordered two sticks of 512 yesterday about 2:00 pm and it arrived this afternoon! I didn't ask for overnight shipping and this is shipping the box over 1000 miles! 1 GB is a major improvement. I expect my video card by the end of the week. I got it at Tiger Direct.

To the point of this post: I wish to do a combined install of PF over FB/AEP. I am 50+ missions in on a campaign. I was told to save the files, then place them into the combined install. Exactly which files, and how? Do I insert them before or after patching. I have been running totally unpatched. Anyone reading my previous posts here knows I am computer stupid, but my wife (who works with data files all day) can't figure out which ones to save.

If I can get this done I am almost ready to become on-line cannon fodder. I can't wait!
S!

mortoma
04-06-2005, 08:29 PM
I didn't save any files/folders when I merged and lost no campaigns. But if you want to, back up the Users and Missions folders. Also you may want to back up your Paintschemes and Records folder. But they sould not be harmed either.

Very few patches or upgrades overwrite any of the files in the folders I mentioned. But at least you know what to save now. if you want to be totally sure. If you have modifed/edited any files in the DGen folder it would not hurt to back up that one too.

Just do the install and then see if your stuff is ok, if it is all ok, don't bother overwriting
anything with your backup files.

vocatx
04-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Mortoma,
Thanks for the answer. I'll start the install.
S!