PDA

View Full Version : Color of armored windscreen glass

jurinko
11-21-2004, 11:37 AM
The armored glass on early Warhawks is done excellently! I can feel that the little hazy greeny-grey glass is really thick compared to the plexiglass on canopy sides. Why not other armor glasses are not colored like that? The piece of armor glass in F4U is as clean and transparent as the thin plexiglass around. I also read the capt. Brown flying 109G and remarking the quality of windscreen glass was not too good, being of slightly greyish color.

jurinko
11-21-2004, 11:37 AM
The armored glass on early Warhawks is done excellently! I can feel that the little hazy greeny-grey glass is really thick compared to the plexiglass on canopy sides. Why not other armor glasses are not colored like that? The piece of armor glass in F4U is as clean and transparent as the thin plexiglass around. I also read the capt. Brown flying 109G and remarking the quality of windscreen glass was not too good, being of slightly greyish color.

3.JG51_BigBear
11-21-2004, 01:27 PM
I bet it has to do with the modeler of the cockpit. Whoever did the hellcat left some dried piss all over his armored glass. It would be cool if they standardized this across the board. At least just fix the Hellcat, such a great plane, feels so realistic after the patch and I can't see out of it.

TooCool_12f
11-22-2004, 03:42 PM
armor glass on F4U?

there's none I've seen

the flat glass you see is your gunsight reflector and it's not armored http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif