PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys.. game just ain't that great....

bl80
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
My girlfriend thinks i am nuts for playing video games .. she looked over at the box on the table and said "your game has *** in its name".. to which i quickly replied "and its got *** in it's game too..."

ugh.

quite bummed about it.. i am heavily into stealth action games.. splinter cell took me by surprise on how much i loved it and i've been hooked ever since.

i really dig a lot of what AC is TRYING to do, but for the most part it does not execute. (pun intended of course)

cut scenes are long, boring as hell and pointless..

game is too arcade-like to be considered stealth at all. missions are boring.. its just got so much more "bad" than "good"...

I've played for about 1 and 1/2 hours and am bored to death. I spent many more hours and got many more "ohhhh yeah!!!" moments playing the Transformers game.. no joke.

this game is the stepping stone to some great things to come, but as far as this release goes.. its bland and disappointing.

i was really looking forward to this being the kick-*** game the trailers made it out to be.

damn.
damn.
damn.

and HOLY **** the voice actor for the main character is TERRIBLE!! ouch!

i just want to know who paid off the reviewers that gave this game top ratings.. compared to some of the excellent titles that have been released in the past few months, this has NOTHING on them.

I look forward to Assassin's Creed 2:Electric Boogaloo!

for now its CoD4 and the Orange Box for me.

jellis186
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
If you had paid any attention to the diaries or interviews, you would know that Assassins creed was never designed to be a stealh game.

As for the cutscences, they are great. They give off a full gambit of emotions, give you important information on the story and they look great.

You are not saying that assassins creed isnt a good game, you are saying its not the game you wanted.

DeAdLy2323
11-16-2007, 12:00 PM
he's not a terrible voice actor, he doesn't have an accent because he isn't from that time (i don't think that spoils anything, and if it does sorry) how is it too arcade like? can you jump on top of the castles in mario? i think you are trying to rush through the game, which is a very bad thing to do. and only the first hour and a half has a few boring cutscenes but you need to pay attention and listen to what is being said or else you will be lost and not know what the hell is going on with the game.

and seriously, about the transformers thing, please tell me you are joking. that game was terrible "get to the action zone. you didnt get to the action zone...you LOSE!"

if you need excitment then fight a ton of guards at once or something, or you could always twiggle your thumbs until they break.

and left 4 dead will have a lot of action. but seeing as how you dont like this game for the reasons that make this game great, you probably wont like left 4 dead (zombie action game..go to left4dead411.com for more info) for some dumb reason like the zombies are too slow (they run at you so ya, that's sarcasm)

XNeofX
11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
I finished this game.

It was the best game i EVER played

Raide
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Dear bl80,

I am sorry that you have not enjoyed Assassin's Creed as much as you had hoped. The game gets quickly put into the "Stealth" genre, but that is not what the game is about. Instead of the usual "Hide in the shadows or jump on pipes" of many stealth games, Assassin's Creed tries to make things more interesting with the "Social stealth" side of things and the Free-running element.

"Social Stealth" is trying to make more packed environment to play in. Most stealth games give you your main targets to kill and that is about it. You don't really get chance to be in a busy town/city with people all around like Assassin's Creed does. It does take time to get into the game I will admit and this can be a difficult block for many people to get over.

The Free-running is another way of getting your main character from A to B, but this game makes it much more fun that your usual stealth games. Sneaking through shadows, hiding in boxes and hiding in cupboards is old style stealth (I still love them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif) The game does take a while to full grasp the controls, but it is fun once you get there. Bouncing around the city, dodging angry guards and stabbing things. Just what everyone needs http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Again, I am sorry that Assassin's Creed was not what you expected and thank you for your honest feedback too. Many people are playing and enjoying the game and the feedback has be positive, some people hae not really enjoyed the game.

Ubisoft is always trying to improve their games and feedback is always welcome in order to achieve this goal.

Thank you for your time.

Raide
UK Forum Manager

bl80
11-16-2007, 12:11 PM
arcade like..

umm.. once you are in the free run mode you might as well just be playing sonic the hedgehog. was thinking that little floating medallions would start popping up.

i guess i was hoping for a bit more realism in multiple areas..

game is too easy in my opinion.
i am sure it will get more difficult and i will play thru it unless it becomes seriously repetitive (major complaint by many)

and i guess i am saying that its not the game i thought it would be..

and i dont care about the main character and what time he is from .. you find out 15 seconds into the game about that..

his voice is crappy. other voice actors have all been solid.. feels like someone is reading lines for the first time.

thats my 2 cents..

if you love the game.. thats awesome.

if me NOT liking the game offends you, then i feel sorry for you.

and tho transformers is a joke of a game, it (combined with some rum and cokes) made for a few fun nights of just pointless video game playing..

i guess its all pointless anyway aint it?

endo23
11-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Once again, it's about expectations. The first hour and half I was playing my roommate was breathing down my neck like "go kill someone!" and I hadn't mastered the controls and the assassination was sloppy and the game just wasn't that sweet (other than the outrageously good animation/graphics)... but since then, I've played about five hours on my own, taking my time, learning the cities, killing everyone in stealth mode, and it's a totally immersive experience. If you don't think there's stealth in this game, you're not playing it right. Not saying you have to love it, but I think Ubi has done a pretty amazing job crafting this thing, it's just that no game satisfies everyone, and if you love COD4 I can see why AC's slower pace wouldn't float your boat. Sell it on eBay, take a $10 loss and move on...

membernametaken
11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
God, where are all the trolls coming from?

BTOG46
11-16-2007, 01:05 PM
From the same place they always do whenever a new game is released.
All official forums get them, every time........... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Eagle091
11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Dear bl80,

You are an idiot. How is this game too arcady? Just because you can free run and climb on buildings? Thats what this whole game is based on, free running. And it was never meant to be a stealth game you sack of ******. And I bet your girlfriend is a fat ***, thats why she was able to spot that word in Assassins Creed.

Borenson
11-16-2007, 01:11 PM
The voice actor sucks ****. He sounds like a modern American, and Columbus hadn't discovered **** in 1911. If Assassin's Creed was a soap opera, he might do well.

Eagle091
11-16-2007, 01:14 PM
How was the voice acting bad? He had a slight accent, just because he didn't sound fully arab means the acting is bad? Last time I checked this was a video game not a god dam Hollywood video.

Ellis The Exile
11-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I very much enjoyed the voice acting, Altair's included. It made sense given Desmond and such. As to the original poster, I have but one thing to say. *Wave Hand* You do not want to be here anymore. You want to go home and rethink your life...

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 01:25 PM
this is not your everyday ninja game man...
this is a quote from another thread
"the historical Hashashin were known for their kills in public (THATS why they became feared and well known). A true Hashashin WANTS the kills to be seen, in broad daylight, to make a point. It has political significance that way. No need for moving bodies, no night time for silent assassinations: this can be well defended by the games historical accuracy."

unlike splinter cell, how the whole point of the game were objectives objectives objectives, you're trying to make a point in assassinating people in AC

although that doesn't mean that assassinations in that time were all like this, but it was said many times that Altair is a "blade in the crowd", this could be the way of training he underwent, or his style of assassination, it's not "the shadow" or "the stalker", but the blade in the crowd.

personally i got and finished the game on the same day because i just couldn't put the controller down, there is much more to the game than you'd think, there's like a 4 page discussion about it in the thread "Spoiler - the ending", and if you read through it, you might appreciate the game alot more.

if i'm not mistaken, the reviewers that you accused of receiving bribes, said close to NOTHING about the style of the game and assassination, but more of the details and the cities and the livelihood of the whole game, the different personality and reactions to every type of citizen. and the smart twist with the future vs. past

again, read through the spoiler thread if you've finished the game, there is alot more present and historical information and facts that the game relates to, the game incorporates tales and almost supernatural things that still exist today.

i truely hope you've finished the game before coming to your conclusion, because it's truely not fair to the developers.

b-busher
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I got the game today and believe me I had massive expectations for this and I can safely say it lives up to them and more I,m delight with it could someone tell me how to jump assassinate like in mid-air?

Opticaly
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I've been playing almost 24 hours straight and I'm not bored one bit

all_seeing_1978
11-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Opticaly:
I've been playing almost 24 hours straight and I'm not bored one bit
ditto man I love this game. I have already said I am playing it again. My intention is to perfect the stealth to the point of someone watching and going whoa, I can't do that.

Sinful_Groove
11-16-2007, 01:50 PM
guys... leave this thread alone

the maker has already returned to his natural habitat at bungie.net

gorilla325
11-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Faithfulx:
guys... leave this thread alone

the maker has already returned to his natural habitat at bungie.net
what's bungie.net?

spazzoo1025
11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by b-busher:
I got the game today and believe me I had massive expectations for this and I can safely say it lives up to them and more I,m delight with it could someone tell me how to jump assassinate like in mid-air?

hold down R (or whatever your high-priority button is) and then press X when your'e close enough.

idk what X=on a PS3.

Im not actually sure if you can assassinate after jumping from a rooftop, i.e. falling on them

barbasoll
11-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure I had even made it to the first city after an hour and half....

The game does have a slower pace, but I'm loving it.

MangyForestCat
11-16-2007, 03:12 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">*Please Don't just repost the same text that got a thread locked earlier.*</span>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">**Yeah, but the reason that thread got locked was because I was referencing something here so instead I realized I should just post it here...**</span>

Stop trying to make excuses Raide. The game fails in absolutely every respect except for the platforming/acrobatics aspect.

It's not a good stealth game. I know you will try to refer to the "social stealth" company line that that stupid female dog Jade Raymond keeps spouting, but it fails at that too. Hitman has done a much better job at social stealth. You point to the fact that we don't have to hide in shadows like other games (Splinter Cell, Thief, Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu), but you mindless Ubisoft drones seem to always forget that Hitman came before Assassin's Creed and did "social stealth" not only better but much more fun. Of course comparing the two is highly unfair as Hitman depends entirely on set pieces. Hitman has always been about creating a diorama set piece for you to play in and solve the puzzle in any which way you want.... Which brings me up to my next point!

The gameplay is super highly moronically repetitive. Talk about freaking bland. I don't understand how you can make a game based oon the medieval Assassins during the third Crusade so bland and unoriginal. Talk about seriously messing up a game. This ties into the "social stealth" because apparently all you need to escape from authorities in real life is to round the corner and sit down on a bench. How about no variety in the missions themselves? Need more info? It's easy take your choice of the exact same methods for every single mission... Pickpocket, Informant (by the way timed flag collecting? wow, ran out of ideas that fast?), Beat up someone, or Eavesdrop... How many times did that stupid female dog of a developer, Jade Raymond, say it was going to be super realistic and that you could do everything your way and that this was a "true next generation game that nobody else ever in the history of all video games ever did ever cause we're awesome" . Yeah right, the real power of next gen all spent on climbing buildings and the dumbest AI this side of the gaming world. Which brings me to my next point!

This game has horrible freaking AI. This also ties in to how bland and ******ed everything is about this game. How the stupid **** like, "Hey I just killed your fellow guard who is standing next to you, but don't worry about me! Hanging my head, cupping my hands, and walking slowly makes me invisible!" Wow, social stealth... Apparently this is the ultra super special realism that only the power of next generation consoles and PCs can afford us. Thank you Jade Raymond! Thank you for the thousands of idiotic mindless zombies you created in your game! This is truly a next gen game, unlike every single other game that has ever come out because you got it right...

VARIETY! This game needs more variety. Like it was states by Astalder and Unbiased. We need to have to ability to choose how the target dies. We need to be able to bypass all info and stumble into the target if we're lucky. Hitman has so much more variety. Even Splinter Cell as structured as it is has more variety. By the time Chaos Theory came along you had a choice of how you wanted to load yourself up. Whether you wanted to force your way in with more ammo and stronger weapons, or you wanted to be more stealthy. You had variety even within the large but confining levels... This game has NO VARIETY TO SPEAK OF!

Now, as far as the story and plot goes. I'm sad to say that even that falls short of its source material, Alamut, which I read. The story is not very believable and I understand that this is probably the biggest reason why the game fails. The way they are trying to convey an overarching plot that will stretch through a trilogy. I'm sorry but as far as it stands. The story just isn't nearly as involving nor as interesting as Alamut. It's also not nearly as interesting as similar games like, Hitman, Splinter Cell, and Metal Gear Solid. Those games have a better storyline and more involving characters and plots. This game tries its damn hardest but it fails in this respect also. I'll have to wait till the next two games are done and see how the story truly ends to pass final judgement, but as far as it stands right now... It's just not good enough.

Now, let me say something positive about the game. The free-running, free climbing, Parkour, aspect of the game is obviously unbelievable cool, and has no peer within gaming at this moment (maybe Splinter Cell... maybe). This is where the game gets its best and greatest moments in the free running. Too bad it's totally optional and the game doesn't force you to use it as part of the actual gameplay more. Yeah running from the guards would be much more fun if they weren't ******ed (AI) and there weren't a thousand and one roof gardens, idiotic haystacks, and benches... After the first 30 minutes of gameplay, it got very predictable. I no longer feared the guards because if I ever did get chased, there was always a roof garden, haystack or bench right around the corner. More often that not all within 20-30 steps from each other....

By the way, the customer is always right. So don't argue with us. We're right, this game is **** and that's a fact.

ProneNL
11-16-2007, 03:14 PM
You got that from the internet somewhere?

jiiimbokelly
11-16-2007, 03:17 PM
death to couch zombie

me-gud-u-bad
11-16-2007, 03:19 PM
death to jiimbokelly's dog... i mean mum...no dog...no mum.... i cant tell the difference!

jiiimbokelly
11-16-2007, 03:20 PM
death to your rat.... i meen mum

kppgno80
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
i agree... i had this game for 2 days...and im bored of it...i should have rented it...jesus.. or i should have gotten COD4

*sigh* so many months...and i wasted all my time and enrgy anticipating for this game :\... well....hopefully the sequal has more to over...

me-gud-u-bad
11-16-2007, 03:23 PM
no small child, my pet rats your baby sister

PetroRjak
11-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
he's not a terrible voice actor, he doesn't have an accent because he isn't from that time

Regardless of the time period he's from, he *IS* a terrible voice actor. No one in *my* modern world Perfectly-Annunciates-every-single-vowel-and-syllable as-if-they're-a-teenager-reading-a-book-report-to -a-classroom.

Still....it's very easy to overlook for me. Absolutely LOVING the game.

grIMreaPR
11-16-2007, 04:36 PM
You have only been playing for a hour and a half. the beginning is the most boring part in game once you get done with the first three assassinations then it gets better

Tela
11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE]

This game has horrible freaking AI.

QUOTE]

I've seen much, MUCH worse. AI's that just stand there, as you kill them. And that wasn't even what they were meant do to in that game. Compared to some other AIs in NEW games...those in AC are impressive. But...this, sadly, just comes from watching gameplay wideos. Once I actually GET the game, maybe my point of veiw will change. But I highly doubt it.

MangyForestCat
11-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Tela, nice way to completely debunk your entire post for the rest of us. Congratulations you're an idiot. Play the game first then judge...

The game has horrible AI that is nothing like what that female dog Jade Raymond said it would be. They are idiotic zombies that don't notice when somebody dies right next to them. They are stupid guards that get fooled by running around the corner and sitting down in a bench. The guards even get fooled by walking slowly and looking down at the ground with your hands cupped!

Tela
11-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by MangyForestCat:
Tela, nice way to completely debunk your entire post for the rest of us. Congratulations you're an idiot. Play the game first then judge...

The game has horrible AI that is nothing like what that female dog Jade Raymond said it would be. They are idiotic zombies that don't notice when somebody dies right next to them. They are stupid guards that get fooled by running around the corner and sitting down in a bench. The guards even get fooled by walking slowly and looking down at the ground with your hands cupped!

As to the idiot comment...THANK YOU! Finallly, someone agrees with me! As to the rest...wow. You just summed up about all your previous post in less than half the size of such. You could have done that before, you know. Saved some time. Stop with the "female dog" bit. It's over-used and it's stupid. She tried. More people have said that they loved the game, than those who said it sucked. So...she did her job, and she did it well.

Malocchio21
11-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Mangy...when the entire city is wearing robes/hoods I think it would be pretty easy to get lost in the crowd...and what's your problem with Jade Raymond? Show a little respect for women ***hole...just because you can't get decent looking girlfriend doesn't mean you should take it out on others...go find another game that better interests you, and GTFO.

MangyForestCat
11-16-2007, 06:31 PM
I didn't realize you knew my entire life Malocchio.

I show respect to women who deserve it. Jade Raymond does not deserve it, but since you're taking it so personally let me make a less insulting statement.

Assassin's Creed is the new Fable...
Jade Raymond is the new Peter Monyloux...

As such I demand that Jade Raymond apologize to the fans, for over hyping this piece of c.rap game (compared to how it was described), in this forum, just like Peter Monyloux did for Fable....

Malocchio21
11-16-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't know your entire life, nor do I care to...and about an apology...I doubt it, but you can hope.

KlNDRED
11-16-2007, 06:33 PM

<STRIKE>Stop trying to make excuses Raide. The game fails in absolutely every respect except for the platforming/acrobatics aspect.

It's not a good stealth game. I know you will try to refer to the "social stealth" company line that that stupid female dog Jade Raymond keeps spouting, but it fails at that too. Hitman has done a much better job at social stealth. You point to the fact that we don't have to hide in shadows like other games (Splinter Cell, Thief, Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu), but you mindless Ubisoft drones seem to always forget that Hitman came before Assassin's Creed and did "social stealth" not only better but much more fun. Of course comparing the two is highly unfair as Hitman depends entirely on set pieces. Hitman has always been about creating a diorama set piece for you to play in and solve the puzzle in any which way you want.... Which brings me up to my next point!

The gameplay is super highly moronically repetitive. Talk about freaking bland. I don't understand how you can make a game based oon the medieval Assassins during the third Crusade so bland and unoriginal. Talk about seriously messing up a game. This ties into the "social stealth" because apparently all you need to escape from authorities in real life is to round the corner and sit down on a bench. How about no variety in the missions themselves? Need more info? It's easy take your choice of the exact same methods for every single mission... Pickpocket, Informant (by the way timed flag collecting? wow, ran out of ideas that fast?), Beat up someone, or Eavesdrop... How many times did that stupid female dog of a developer, Jade Raymond, say it was going to be super realistic and that you could do everything your way and that this was a "true next generation game that nobody else ever in the history of all video games ever did ever cause we're awesome" . Yeah right, the real power of next gen all spent on climbing buildings and the dumbest AI this side of the gaming world. Which brings me to my next point!

This game has horrible freaking AI. This also ties in to how bland and ******ed everything is about this game. How the stupid **** like, "Hey I just killed your fellow guard who is standing next to you, but don't worry about me! Hanging my head, cupping my hands, and walking slowly makes me invisible!" Wow, social stealth... Apparently this is the ultra super special realism that only the power of next generation consoles and PCs can afford us. Thank you Jade Raymond! Thank you for the thousands of idiotic mindless zombies you created in your game! This is truly a next gen game, unlike every single other game that has ever come out because you got it right...

VARIETY! This game needs more variety. Like it was states by Astalder and Unbiased. We need to have to ability to choose how the target dies. We need to be able to bypass all info and stumble into the target if we're lucky. Hitman has so much more variety. Even Splinter Cell as structured as it is has more variety. By the time Chaos Theory came along you had a choice of how you wanted to load yourself up. Whether you wanted to force your way in with more ammo and stronger weapons, or you wanted to be more stealthy. You had variety even within the large but confining levels... This game has NO VARIETY TO SPEAK OF!

Now, as far as the story and plot goes. I'm sad to say that even that falls short of its source material, Alamut, which I read. The story is not very believable and I understand that this is probably the biggest reason why the game fails. The way they are trying to convey an overarching plot that will stretch through a trilogy. I'm sorry but as far as it stands. The story just isn't nearly as involving nor as interesting as Alamut. It's also not nearly as interesting as similar games like, Hitman, Splinter Cell, and Metal Gear Solid. Those games have a better storyline and more involving characters and plots. This game tries its damn hardest but it fails in this respect also. I'll have to wait till the next two games are done and see how the story truly ends to pass final judgement, but as far as it stands right now... It's just not good enough.

Now, let me say something positive about the game. The free-running, free climbing, Parkour, aspect of the game is obviously unbelievable cool, and has no peer within gaming at this moment (maybe Splinter Cell... maybe). This is where the game gets its best and greatest moments in the free running. Too bad it's totally optional and the game doesn't force you to use it as part of the actual gameplay more. Yeah running from the guards would be much more fun if they weren't ******ed (AI) and there weren't a thousand and one roof gardens, idiotic haystacks, and benches... After the first 30 minutes of gameplay, it got very predictable. I no longer feared the guards because if I ever did get chased, there was always a roof garden, haystack or bench right around the corner. More often that not all within 20-30 steps from each other....</STRIKE>

By the way, the customer is always right. So don't argue with us. We're right, this game is **** and that's a fact.

Thank God I skipped to the end to cath that idiocy. That last bit, where you take opinion as fact just saved me from reading the rest of that useless essay you so thoroughly thought off...

Tela
11-16-2007, 06:38 PM

I show respect to women who deserve it. Jade Raymond does not deserve it,

As such I demand that Jade Raymond apologize to the fans, for over hyping this piece of c.rap game, in this forum, just like Peter Monyloux did....

...Wow, was I the only one who liked Fable, then? Considering all the positive feedback for the game from the fans, versus the NEGATIVE feedback, I beleive she has nothing to apologise for.

Assass24
11-16-2007, 07:20 PM
The only reason that people are disapointed is because they expected too much. We got everything that they said was going to be in the game and what they showed us but people can't just be happy with that, they needed more and more and more. They never said it was a real like stealth game, it was a social stealth as they said which is different.

drfeelgood8849
11-16-2007, 07:26 PM

youre probly a big shooter fan anyways. keep it to youself if you dont like it. its not going to make it any better for you or anyone.

MASTEROVERLORD
11-16-2007, 07:39 PM

I show respect to women who deserve it. Jade Raymond does not deserve it, but since you're taking it so personally let me make a less insulting statement.

Jade Raymond is the new Peter Monyloux...

As such I demand that Jade Raymond apologize to the fans, for over hyping this piece of c.rap game (compared to how it was described), in this forum, just like Peter Monyloux did for Fable....

You should have to apologize to everyone who wasted their time reading about how hard you cried because the game hasn't lived up to your expectations.

You're pretty funny with your "demand". Instead of demanding an apology here and flaming the game's producer, why not take your game back to the store and cry to them about it. Maybe when they see the emo tears streaming down your face, they will refund your mommy's money and give you a hug or something to shut you up.

MangyForestCat
11-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Somebody finally got it. The demand was supposed to be funny thanks for agreeing.

Anyway, the game is good just not great. Just like Fable. It's good just not great so don't defend it.

You guys act as if when I insult this game I'm slapping your mother in the face. Stop being such fanboys. This game does not live up to the lofty expectations that the female dog Jade Raymond said it would. Looking back on it, it's obvious that she was pretty nervous during all her interviews and stage demos. The crappy sci-fi twist should have been a big wake up call for many people.

Actually GameRankings' aggregate score for Assassin's Creed is 81% and Fable's score is 86%. Saying Assassin's Creed is like Fable is actually an insult to Fable. Sorry, about that to Fable fans. Before Halo 2 came out in 2004 Fable had actually become the fastest selling video game of all time. Fable had also broken every single video game sales record held before Halo 2 came out.

RegDishwasher
11-16-2007, 07:52 PM
PLease please please.. I know we all spend like 60 bucks or euro's on this game but let's try and keep ourselves objective.

Now I have been playing a hell of a lot of games lately varying from SubCom to Forza to Halo3 to Bioschock, Tomb Raider and Naruto rise of a Ninja.
This game had the Graphics and time setting I loved the most..

But that was it.
You can't seriously deny that the gameplay is idiotically repetitive It has about the depth of Pacman. Perhaps I have been spoiled by marvelous Bioshock single player or the addictive Halo3 multiplayer.. but come on..

listening to some old koot on a bench for some info, go to a hideout that looks exactly the same in 3 different towns. Move to the magic marker on the map and kill the cross.. do this 9 times and presto.

It's an ok game.. I was amused for two days.. now I am pissed off beacause I have to kill 6 or so crosses that are burning books and are somehow defended by ******s that shove me all the frigging time(and just me for that matter) witch somehow gives me away as an assasin.. (hey special Mike is shoving someone must be the assasin we where expecting!!)

So.. WHY THE HELL DOES THE PRESS GIVE IT A 9+.. I used to trust those guys.. I agreed with the 9+ for Bioshock forza subcom and halo3 but this game just aint in that league.. it's good but not THAT good.

Meh in a week or so mass effect will be out and I can forget about this game. OC I will experience some scripting errors and lockups as in all Bioware titles.. but still the rest will be so kickass that I will accept these minor flaws with ease http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

Oh and to ent this rant written by a sleep deprived dude.. If you haven't already go and buy bioshock.. please it will blow your mind!! promise.

RegDishwasher
11-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Somebody finally got it. The demand was supposed to be funny thanks for agreeing.

Anyway, the game is good just not great. Just like Fable. It's good just not great so don't defend it.

You guys act as if when I insult this game I'm slapping your mother in the face. Stop being such fanboys. This game does not live up to the lofty expectations that the female dog Jade Raymond said it would. Looking back on it, it's obvious that she was pretty nervous during all her interviews and stage demos. The crappy sci-fi twist should have been a big wake up call for many people.

Actually GameRankings' aggregate score for Assassin's Creed is 81% and Fable's score is 86%. Saying Assassin's Creed is like Fable is actually and insult to Fable. Sorry, about that to Fable fans. Before Halo 2 came out in 2004 Fable had actually become the fastest selling video game of that year. Fable had also broken every single video game sales record held before Halo 2 came out.

Also when you play fable as I did with no expectations whatsoever it's actually a pretty neat game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MangyForestCat
11-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I agree, Bioshock was a much more satisfying game as far as the story and gameplay goes...

Expired_Exile
11-16-2007, 08:19 PM
i haven't read any posts previous to this page.. but all i'm saying is that the game is a great game. Yes there may be some things that could of made it better.. but only a couple.. and thats it.//
but i love the ending leaving it open for the sequal.

One of my requests would be to have multiplayer on it. Assassins vs Guards or something. can't wait.

Hassan-Sabbah
11-16-2007, 08:25 PM
I think the point being missed in all of these "game is great!...Game sucks!" threads is...IT IS A MATTER OF OPINION. And like Yoda said, "Opinions are like a--holes. Everyone has one and they usually stink." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Some will love the game (I am in that group) and others will hate it. Like all things in life, it is a matter of perception. Going back and forth will not change anyones views.

If you like it, keep playing it and enjoy. If you do not, stop playing and trade it in.

Tela
11-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Hassan-Sabbah:
I think the point being missed in all of these "game is great!...Game sucks!" threads is...IT IS A MATTER OF OPINION. And like Yoda said, "Opinions are like a--holes. Everyone has one and they usually stink." http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Some will love the game (I am in that group) and others will hate it. Like all things in life, it is a matter of perception. Going back and forth will not change anyones views.

If you like it, keep playing it and enjoy. If you do not, stop playing and trade it in.

Too true. Sadly, I get frustrtaed easily and lose that thought. Everyone else seems to as well. It is something that needs to be remembered.

rhymingobituary
11-17-2007, 07:36 AM
You know what I don't get?

Loads of people saying things like "run round a corner and sit on a bench and you're off scott free!" Yes that mechanic is there, but that doesn't mean you have to use it!

Yes it's the "easy" thing to do, but if it's easy, why bother doing it? I'd much rather take to the rooftops and have them follow me. As for jumping into one of the abundant roof gardens, why not just pass the first couple by? Pretend they're in use or something for christs sake. Enjoy the chase!

It's a game for christs sake! If you go to the movies, and see a pretty good film, don't you use a little suspension of disbelief and just kick back and enjoy it? Why not do the same here? I honestly have to say that when I saw that you could "hide" on a bench in the tutorial, as soon as I hear it, I was "like WTF that's ridiculous!" and I haven't thought of it since, that is, until reading your post.

As for guards not noticing when you kill one of their buddies, you go do a save the citizen mission. Jack one of the guards with your hidden blade and notice that he stays standing for a good 10-15 seconds. His buddies are either quite earnestly surveying the crowd or roughing up said citizen, so they don't notice that he's been stabbed. soon as he starts gurgling, and falling down, THEN they notice and the game's up - THAT is social stealth in a manner not seen before.

I have to admit, when I started playing the game I had the same doubts as you in the first hours or two of the game. As soon as I got into Acre though, the atmosphere, the smoke, the ambient, the architecture, it all just gelled so completely that I love it more every passing minute.

AirRon_2K7
11-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by bl80:
My girlfriend thinks i am nuts for playing video games .. she looked over at the box on the table and said "your game has *** in its name".. to which i quickly replied "and its got *** in it's game too..."

ugh.

quite bummed about it.. i am heavily into stealth action games.. splinter cell took me by surprise on how much i loved it and i've been hooked ever since.

i really dig a lot of what AC is TRYING to do, but for the most part it does not execute. (pun intended of course)

cut scenes are long, boring as hell and pointless..

game is too arcade-like to be considered stealth at all. missions are boring.. its just got so much more "bad" than "good"...

I've played for about 1 and 1/2 hours and am bored to death. I spent many more hours and got many more "ohhhh yeah!!!" moments playing the Transformers game.. no joke.

this game is the stepping stone to some great things to come, but as far as this release goes.. its bland and disappointing.

i was really looking forward to this being the kick-*** game the trailers made it out to be.

damn.
damn.
damn.

and HOLY **** the voice actor for the main character is TERRIBLE!! ouch!

i just want to know who paid off the reviewers that gave this game top ratings.. compared to some of the excellent titles that have been released in the past few months, this has NOTHING on them.

I look forward to Assassin's Creed 2:Electric Boogaloo!

*sigh*

It just ISN'T a stealth game...

Opinions, that's all they are, opinions. Yours too. Many people love this game, myself included. It's a shame you don't like it for a stealth game. It really is. I don't like PGR 'cos it's not a very good FPS.

Your argument burst into flames and transformed into useless when I read the transformers bit. That game hurt me. . .

But without flaming, do realise that it's your opinion, and people will disagree. Like me. I disagree, 'cos I think this is the best game I've played all year. Full stop.

And then I read your second post. It's a shame that you haven't played through the game before you passed judgement. The game definately gets better. The sonic bit made me lol, but again. It's your opinion (At this point you should realise how ... non flamy I'm being... AC calms me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif )

Oh dear... AC isn't my calmer any more, since stupid trolls have started poking their heads out from under the sewers. I agree with Kindred, anyone that posts their OPINION as FACT, is instantly dumb and stupid and will probably explode into a big bowl of ******* next chance they get.

And lol at the MangyForestCat who asked for an apology, which wasn't funny. At all.

I'm basically adding random bits everytime I see something worth typing about (As I scroll through the topic of disappointed morons and aggrevated fanboys... it's like a bloody warzone...)

Gah, no doubt I will be ripped to shreds and have my intestines dangled from the top of your virtual pitchforks. So I'll reply once someone does that.

Transparanoia
11-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Raide:hiding in boxes
You know that was one of the greatest things to happen in a video game, EVER.

<3 MGS.

rogue_tom
11-17-2007, 09:21 AM
I've been playing the game since yesturday and i'm still not sure of my opinion. I'll try to explain the pos and neg of the game.

Positives.
graphics : im not sure how anyone could complain about them.

acrobatics : It will take a while to get used to it but it's very fun when you do.

story : i love the story.

AI: It really isn't as bad as people make out, it's not really a positive tho. It's just the same as most games. Most the time if you kill someone the guards will notice. The gt.com video review made it seem alot worse than it is.

Negitives

View. The main problem is with the view / control / is there a wall behind you. When there is a wall behind you and you run foward your view likes to suddenly change direction which will course you to jump in a different direction than you want. I would have prefereed a fixed camera that is always behind the character. I would expect this would make free running alot easier. This is something I demand for ac 2.

Gameplay : It's extremily lacking. The small jobs you have to do before an assasination are so boring and make the game feel alot like a grind. All of the assasinations i've done are way to short. You spend about 15 sec getting in, watch the cut scenes, spend a min killing or free running, then assassinate, watch cutscene, run, hide.

The actual assasinations are to short. I need bigger maps, better layouts.

There is way to much watching and not enough playing.

I hoping the next few targets will be alot better.

Genkuro
11-17-2007, 09:25 AM
I played the game all the way through and I have this much to say, in all sincerity...

I was very excited about getting the game and happily paid $63 for it. Brought it home and started playing, and didn't stop playing for 7 hours straight until bed.
The story was very fascinating and presented an interesting twist to biblical and world history. The irony that you're character spends most of his waking time inside a virtual world himself did not escape me hehe...

And I really began to become immersed in the story world that Ubisoft had brought to me. But that surreal world was soon broken with cheaply presented gameplay... I mean, I was all too reminded that I was playing a game when one of my 'informers' sent me on a magical flag collecting errand...
That's when it really started to have an "arcade" feeling to it. As some of the other posters have mentioned.

Yes the game turns out to be not what I expected... But I take no fault for that. I was given the impression by all the trailers, reviews and advertisements that this title was going to be fun... And it started out to be... Until I realized I was mind-numbingly sitting infront of my tv playing a beautifully repetitive 12 hour long game with a plot as complex and long as a children's book.
*sigh*
I'm going to go outside and play with my friends

bobbylucifer
11-17-2007, 09:26 AM
AC is one of the best games i've ever played. It's down to you how you play the game, you can rush through and not appreciate anything and find it boring and repetitive, or you can take your time and immerse yourself in the experience. I've got COD4, Halo 3 and AC, and I think AC's the best (imho i'd give halo a 7.5/10, COD 8.5/10 and AC a 9/10, but I haven't tried online play yet). Oh and Fable was pretty good aswell, I played it without having heard anything about it and really liked it. @ MangyForestCat: why tell people to stop defending it? what is it that makes your opinion right, on the discussion of game ratings read the pennyarcade article on AC and stop assuming that anything you believe is objectively true.

BradC2007
11-17-2007, 09:38 AM
bl80 go home you are the ***

robert_brownny
11-17-2007, 10:00 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">*Please Don't just repost the same text that got a thread locked earlier.*</span>

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">**Yeah, but the reason that thread got locked was because I was referencing something here so instead I realized I should just post it here...**</span>
Stop trying to make excuses Raide. The game fails in absolutely every respect except for the platforming/acrobatics aspect.

Now, let me say something positive about the game. The free-running, free climbing, Parkour, aspect of the game is obviously unbelievable cool, and has no peer within gaming at this moment (maybe Splinter Cell... maybe). This is where the game gets its best and greatest moments in the free running. Too bad it's totally optional and the game doesn't force you to use it as part of the actual gameplay more. Yeah running from the guards would be much more fun if they weren't ******ed (AI) and there weren't a thousand and one roof gardens, idiotic haystacks, and benches... After the first 30 minutes of gameplay, it got very predictable. I no longer feared the guards because if I ever did get chased, there was always a roof garden, haystack or bench right around the corner. More often that not all within 20-30 steps from each other....

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
This game is soooooooo boring. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
No diversity, no AI, though graphics are GREAT... Too BAD this game is so ruined. Man if Hitman series would have had these amazing graphics...
Anyway my advice for AC2 keep the engine, make a BETTER GAME. It has so much potential.

Srikandi
11-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Yup, people have different tastes, and it's a good thing that there are different kinds of games to accommodate them, isn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif People just need to learn how to distinguish "I don't enjoy this" from "it sucks" :/

AC takes a lot of patience. I can understand how an impatient gamer, who wants nonstop action, wouldn't like it. It's the perfect game for a player like me, though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I can take as much time as I want (well, on everything except the "find the flags in three minutes" missions, which I generally skip http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif), and I get rewarded for being careful.

AC also has a big, open world, and a relatively free-form structure. That's something I love in a game: I like to be a player, not the audience. Which means I like to be able to make my own decisions about what to do and what order to do things in. A lot of otherwise very good games play like interactive movies; you're pretty much on a train from beginning to end, watching the scenery through the windows (Fable is a good example of this, IMO, but that's another story). AC manages to present a plot without dictating every move the character makes.

As for the voice acting... faulting Altair for having an American accent is illogical. Why not fault the rest of the actors for having phony middle-eastern accents, while speaking otherwise Modern English? To me that's conceptually a lot more problematic. Even the soldiers in the countryside, who yell at Altair in a variety of languages, are speaking Modern French, German, Spanish etc... not 12th-century versions of those languages... least as far as I could tell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Given that the player needs to understand what's going on... and Desmond also needs to be able to understand what he's seeing and hearing... I actually think a better solution would've been to have everybody speaking modern American English. But there is no compromise that would work that would also be fully realistic.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 12:34 PM
i thibnk altair is one of the best voices in the game and i love the story and its weird davinchi code ramifications ..ooo big word

its nto a stealth game its an action adventure.

i stopped reading after this

Tela
11-17-2007, 12:38 PM
While I don't think Altair has the BEST voice actor in the game, from what I have heard his voice isn't as BAD as a lot of people are saying it is. Anyone play the online "Experience"? The lines he has in that (minus "and why these dark deeds?") sound just fine to me.

AirRon_2K7
11-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Yup, people have different tastes, and it's a good thing that there are different kinds of games to accommodate them, isn't it? People just need to learn how to distinguish "I don't enjoy this" from "it sucks" :/

Too bad the people that are trying to say "I don't enjoy this" are incapable of doing so, and subsequently say "it sucks".

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yup, people have different tastes, and it's a good thing that there are different kinds of games to accommodate them, isn't it? People just need to learn how to distinguish "I don't enjoy this" from "it sucks" :/

Too bad the people that are trying to say "I don't enjoy this" are incapable of doing so, and subsequently say "it sucks". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i love how they assume because they dont like it no one should or does

i love the game. been playing 3 dys still on 4th target...yes i liek to tak my time, just chilling collecting stuff. i dont find it repetative at all

mullin92
11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Great game so diffrent and a great idea for a game and it is a Next Gene lable. One of best games on the playstation 3

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by mullin92:
Great game so diffrent and a great idea for a game and it is a Next Gene lable. One of best games on the playstation 3

yeah im guessing any shortcomings or improvements will be made in the seuquel as well i cant wait

-hoping for a historically accurate assasin aka ninja in ancient japan ...ftw!!

Tela
11-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by mullin92:

....Ninja Gaiden?

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mullin92:

....Ninja Gaiden? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol ok

NeoshinobiX
11-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Wow I hate how people are saying this game is very repetitive(which it is) so it's automatically a ****ty game. Um, EVERY game is repetitive kthx.

As for the people who think the assassinations are boring because they are to short. There is more than one way to kill each of the people. More than one way to get to him. Find those ways, make it fun.

Every target(except the 9th and 10th targets) in the game can be taken out without being seen until it's all over. If you've done that, try rushing in sword drawn, play with the guards.

If you can't find ways to entertain yourselfs, return the game gg. QQ.

Tela
11-17-2007, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NeoshinobiX:
Wow I hate how people are saying this game is very repetitive(which it is) so it's automatically a ****ty game. Um, EVERY game is repetitive kthx.
More than one way to get to him. Find those ways, make it fun.
QUOTE]

Life's repetetive. I have a feeling that if something NOT repeptetive were to come along, then people will be confused. That actaully happened once, I think. Forgot what it was, but it was non-repetetive, and people said it jumped around too much, had too many lines going from the main plot, etc etc..

Zikro
11-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Eh... I'd say the opposite. Splinter Cell is a horrible game and Assassin's Creed is amazing. It just depends on what you like... and I like good games :P

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 01:40 PM
I just want Jade Raymond to apologize for making such a sh*tty game.

If Peter Monyloux apologized for the greatness that was Fable then that female dog Jade Raymond should apologize for over-hyping this run of the mill action adventure game....

Tela
11-17-2007, 01:42 PM

If Peter Monyloux apologized for the greatness that was Fable then that female dog Jade Raymond should apologize for over-hyping this run of the mill action adventure game....

Please please PLEASE stop with the "female dog" bit. Seriously. Just stop.

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, I would call her the appropriate synonym, but I don't think it's allowed on these forums...

Or how about this, if Jade Raymond makes public apology in these forums I will go back to all my posts and remove the "female dog" parts.

Tela
11-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Well, I would call her the appropriate synonym, but I don't think it's allowed on these forums...

Or how about this, if Jade Raymond makes public apology in these forums I will go back to all my posts and remove the "female dog" parts.

Not what I meant. Not what I meant at all.

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2007, 01:56 PM

You are welcome to post your opinion on the game good or bad but do so in a constructive manner, there is really no need to be so personal and it is that kind of comment that would lose your right to post your opinion.

Iam sure you are intelligent enough to express your opinion without resorting to personal insults

AirRon_2K7
11-17-2007, 01:59 PM

Ok, you've mentioned that multiple times. You just want her to marry you. Admit it, you're a stalker. You OBVIOUSLY dream about her.

See how annoying it is when people try and present opinions as facts?

Stop it.

fa22dragon
11-17-2007, 02:07 PM
mate you are a bloody nut job if you dnt like this game it so gd because it isnt like anyhting else on the market that is quite simply because they are f**in shooter!!!! which is "boring as hell" unlike this game, i spent 3 hours not knowing wat to do but still having loads of fun!! and the story is no joke the best i have seen for a long time, and by the way the first couple of hours does choke the game a little but after u get round that it is as gd as i am saying

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Ok, you've mentioned that multiple times. You just want her to marry you. Admit it, you're a stalker. You OBVIOUSLY dream about her.

Stop it.

FACT: This is a sh*tty game.

OPINION: I don't like this sh*tty game.

OPINION: AirRon_2K7 likes this sh*tty game.

Tela
11-17-2007, 02:12 PM

Just because YOU think it's a "sh*tty" game, does not make it a fact. This is your OPINION. Not fact. If it was fact, there would be hundreds of others like you running amuck through the internet saying so.

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2007, 02:16 PM

OPINION: AirRon_2K7 likes this sh*tty game.

I repeat my earlier post....

Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
You are welcome to post your opinion on the game good or bad but do so in a constructive manner, there is really no need to be so personal and it is that kind of comment that would lose your right to post your opinion.

Iam sure you are intelligent enough to express your opinion without resorting to personal insults

NeoshinobiX
11-17-2007, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:

Stop it.

OPINION: AirRon_2K7 likes this sh*tty game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your fact is still an opinion I think someone needs to go back to the second grade to learn the difference between fact and opinion.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other don't enjoy playing it even after they complete the story.

Cry more. Bring the game back. Don't post on these forums if you hate the game so much.

FrozenFire550
11-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Don't care what anyone says. I love this game to death.

And also, MangyForestCat, stop being such an immature person.

Those are not facts. Those are opinions.
And stop insulting the person who worked so hard on this game for a long time.

I don't see you making any games, so you can't talk.

Tela
11-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by FrozenFire550:

This is truth, MangyForestCat. Listen to it.

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by NeoshinobiX:
Your fact is still an opinion I think someone needs to go back to the second grade to learn the difference between fact and opinion.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other don't enjoy playing it even after they complete the story.

Cry more. Bring the game back. Don't post on these forums if you hate the game so much.

No see that fact is irrefutable. I'm not arguing whether or not someone "likes" the game. You can "like" the game but that does not make it a good game.

This is a bad game. You just happen to really like this bad game. The fact that this is a bad game doesn't interfere with you liking it.

I think this game is ok. Compared to what was promised though the game as it stands right now is pretty sh*tty. Once I lowered my expectations I enjoyed the game for what it was. I will be trading it in soon when I get 1000/1000 achievements. I just need a few flags and templars. I can keep posting here as long as I want. If you don't like what I'm saying then you leave and don't post on these forums.

Remember kids, just because you like the game doesn't make it a good game. Fact is that this is a sh*tty game and you just happen to like it.

MangyForestCat
11-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by FrozenFire550:
Don't care what anyone says. I love this game to death.

Thanks for generalizing and assuming you know anything about me. I am studying to be a programmer. What baffles me is how someone messed up the AI so badly in this game. Couldn't someone put INTEGER=TRUE when a guard randomly sees me climb up a sheer wall of a house in a city? These are some of the dumbest AIs I've ever seen in a video game. Specially with the enormous amounts of money that Ubisoft has, there is no excusable reason for this sh*tty game.

Give me Jade Raymond's position and I promise you I'll deliver a better game than her.

Tela
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeoshinobiX:

No see that fact is irrefutable. I'm not arguing whether or not someone "likes" the game. You can "like" the game but that does not make it a good game.

This is a bad game. You just happen to really like this bad game. The fact that this is a bad game doesn't interfere with you liking it.

I think this game is ok. Compared to what was promised though the game as it stands right now is pretty sh*tty. Once I lowered my expectations I enjoyed the game for what it was. I will be trading it in soon when I get 1000/1000 achievements. I just need a few flags and templars. I can keep posting here as long as I want. If you don't like what I'm saying then you leave and don't post on these forums.

Remember kids, just because you like the game doesn't make it a good game. Fact is that this is a sh*tty game and you just happen to like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I swear...where
s that convenient brick wall when you need it? Mangy, you're not even listening. It's just YOU saying that YOU think it's a bad game. Just because YOU are saying so, doesn't mean it actually IS. So many more people are saying the game is great. Not that they just LIKE the game. But that it's a GREAT GAME.

You say it's a bad game. This, once more, is your OPINION. Stop getting FACT and OPINION confused.

And I'll be here as long as you continue to get those confused. Might as well get used to me.

BTOG46
11-17-2007, 02:45 PM
I've already stated on another threads that he is entitled to voice his opinion, but so are the rest, and if the opinions differ, well, that's why they're called opinions and not as Tela rightly points out, facts.

NeoshinobiX
11-17-2007, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeoshinobiX:

Remember kids, just because you like the game doesn't make it a good game. Fact is that this is a sh*tty game and you just happen to like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your still confusing fact and opinion, sorry try again. And yes it is a good game because most of the great games out for the 360 and ps3 at the moment are just shooters. So yes this game is one of the few good Action/Adventure games out right now despite all that was not delivered. But I'm sure the sequel will be much better.

AirRon_2K7
11-17-2007, 03:21 PM
MangyForestDog, or whatever you're called: how old are you? Because you're either a 12 year old idiot. OR a very immature and sad adult. Fact. Oh wait, no it's not. That's my opinion.

You've proven that you lack the brain cells to make intelligent posts. So how about you explain how you manage to come to the conclusion: AC is Shi*ty.

Try and use full sentences, proper grammar and spelling, and remove any bad language. Just so I don't tick you off as being one of the ******s in AC who just managed to sneak out.

When someone tries to make their opinion fact, they instantly fail and become a ******* lollypop, which is being dipped in powdered stupid, before given to ******s to lick the brains out of.

Oh and: Remember kid, just 'cos you don't like it, doesn't make it a sh*tty game. it just means you don't like good games.

danzo69
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Gotta appreciate the detail and historical points involved in this game. Also the full use of the environment surroundings. The game is a tad bit repetitive when you try to complete all the optional quests at once. Storyline and concept is definately one of a kind. As for being an "easy game," I would probably agree on that but navigating the game does take some skill in timing and co-ordination. I don't think they intended to make the game complex... So that we could fully enjoy the environment without staring at our controller trying to remember what does what. Awesome cinematics. I'll give this game a 9/10.

Destrier
11-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I just have to say mangy cat is a ******. The funniest thing is how he says he hates it and its **** but is going to get 1000/1000 achievements lol. How can you play out something you hate?

I think the truth is he likes it, and just wanted some attention which he got.

As for programming guards to attack you when you climb this would ruin the game, since the fun part is climbing... The idea is you can do socially unacceptable things like free running and climbing unless guards are flagged, then they will stop you. Read the instructions on guard moods. They even come with pictures!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Saying all that I am a little disappointed myself, but i think thats because it was hyped so much and i expected so much. Nothing could live up to it at all I dont think.

Tela
11-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Metal-Dragon:
I just have to say mangy cat is a ******. The funniest thing is how he says he hates it and its **** but is going to get 1000/1000 achievements lol. How can you play out something you hate?

I think the truth is he likes it, and just wanted some attention which he got.

As for programming guards to attack you when you climb this would ruin the game, since the fun part is climbing... The idea is you can do socially unacceptable things like free running and climbing unless guards are flagged, then they will stop you. Read the instructions on guard moods. They even come with pictures!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Saying all that I am a little disappointed myself, but i think thats because it was hyped so much and i expected so much. Nothing could live up to it at all I dont think.

...He said he hates it?.. I must have missed that. But it IS possible to continue with something you hate. It just gets frustrating easier, and is not as interesting.

Vanquish_Xx
11-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Too many people think this is a splinter cell game where you hide in the shadows. Its a social stealth game, the first of many to come (splinter cell: condemned). Personally I really liked the idea of a social stealth game rather than the usual "is this actually a shadow, it looks like a shadow... the guard just killed me, i guess it wasn't a shadow" type of games. The story was great. I agree that the game isn't perfect, but coming from someone who only plays multiplayer games (this is the only non-multiplayer game i have) i think this is one of the best games of the year. The only thing i wish is that it was a little more (forgive me) like elder scrolls, where every character is extremely different, etc. I got bored of hearing the same voice actors and of the a.i. but in all honestly just jumping around the maps was fun.

Altair778
11-17-2007, 06:14 PM
I have a simple easy question
Why are you guys pointing out how bad the game is???? First of all people obviusly don't agree ith you and as far as I can tell your not going to change their minds anytime soon. Also, tell us how to make it better, ask ubi for a sequel or a patch with such and such. Whining jsut kills a game and makes it so that the developers don't want to make a sequel. Stop whinig about how big of a dissapontment you think this game is, tell us how you think the develpers can make it better, or jsut get off the fourms. I'm getting sick of people complaing all over the internet. This is an original idea for a video game and is obviusly going to have flaws. Help make the next game something to put into video game history.

P.S. please, stop using the "your a whining 12 year old" I'm 12 and it annoys the heck out of me when people use it

Tela
11-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Altair778:
I have a simple easy question
Why are you guys pointing out how bad the game is???? First of all people obviusly don't agree ith you and as far as I can tell your not going to change their minds anytime soon. Also, tell us how to make it better, ask ubi for a sequel or a patch with such and such. Whining jsut kills a game and makes it so that the developers don't want to make a sequel. Stop whinig about how big of a dissapontment you think this game is, tell us how you think the develpers can make it better, or jsut get off the fourms. I'm getting sick of people complaing all over the internet. This is an original idea for a video game and is obviusly going to have flaws. Help make the next game something to put into video game history.

P.S. please, stop using the "your a whining 12 year old" I'm 12 and it annoys the heck out of me when people use it

They're entitled to their own opinions. But, yes...constructive critism makes the world go round..

Stillzero
11-17-2007, 06:24 PM
By law i tend to not take the people who play the Tranformers game serious.

If you enjoyed that game more then Assassins Creed then you must be stupid.

Tela
11-17-2007, 07:09 PM
....To end this (hopefullly) can we all agree that everyone has their own opinion of the game? People need to understand the difference between "Fact" and "Opinion", and not get the two confused. Some will like(or love) the game, and others will dislike (or hate) it. There's nothing that can be done. It always happens, and always will.

You can't please everyone.
If your opinion is different than someone elses, LEAVE. IT. BE. Don't try and change opinions. You help no one.

That's all.

nucka
11-17-2007, 07:53 PM
My guess is that sometime after completing the badass graphics and animations, including Alteir's interactive animation, Ubisoft looked back and said "wow.. we spent three years doing this.. we really need to pick up the pace." So, they wrote an outline for every assassination and modified the original gameplay concepts (ie combat, chases, AI, etc.) so that they could be completed by the due date with no more delays, and in the end, all of it but what they really dedicated themselves to was subpar. It's not a bad game, and it does have some incredible features, but ultimately, it's not that good because it was just too ambitious from the start and too constrained in the end.

tandar17
11-17-2007, 08:16 PM
The voice actor sucks ****. He sounds like a modern American, and Columbus hadn't discovered **** in 1911. If Assassin's Creed was a soap opera, he might do well.

I think it wasn't so much the voice actor in this case as it was he was the only one with an american accent (which was intentional) and had alot of bad dialogue to work with. My guess is he is fairly spot on to the way Ubi wanted him to sound, but it just dosn't feel right when playing the game.

nucka
11-17-2007, 10:01 PM
It's not the fact that his accent is American, it's that he doesn't perform well at all. The Alteir voiceover is just poorly done in the English version, perhaps the French version received more attention.