PDA

View Full Version : Problem with installation

Biozerk
06-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Okay, well I'm trying to install Call of Juarez : Bound in Blood and at first I was getting Error 1603 because it kept trying to install to drive E when I told it to install to drive c. Then I turned off my firewall and tryed again, this time I got error 112 and it said my drive c or any other drive for that matter did not have enough space for instalation. I have a completely clean hard drive with 288GB in space, and another drive with 298GB of space. I'm not sure what to do, I can't return the game because I've opened it.

Biozerk
06-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Okay, well I'm trying to install Call of Juarez : Bound in Blood and at first I was getting Error 1603 because it kept trying to install to drive E when I told it to install to drive c. Then I turned off my firewall and tryed again, this time I got error 112 and it said my drive c or any other drive for that matter did not have enough space for instalation. I have a completely clean hard drive with 288GB in space, and another drive with 298GB of space. I'm not sure what to do, I can't return the game because I've opened it.

Ubi_Warder
06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
For Error 1603: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484

For Error 112: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326678

Before installing, run your system in a selective startup:

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type MSCONFIG in the textfield, then press OK
4. On the first tab of the Configuration Utility, place the dot beside "Selective Startup"
5. Remove the checkmark or dot beside "Load Startup Items" (only! - do not edit anything else)
6. Click Apply
7. Click Close
8. Let the PC restart -

These steps will close background programs that could conflict with the installation.

Make sure to empty your Windows Temp folder. Follow the instructions found on the link for Error 112.

Biozerk
06-30-2009, 01:28 PM
None of those things did anything...
It's weird, I am telling things to install to drive C and they are trying to install to drive e. I edited my Registry so it installs to C:\ but that didn't work. I can't even put anything on my desktop because my drive e is full. It turns out this has to deal with my entire PC not just the game...