PDA

View Full Version : Problems with A-20 new guinea campaign.(conf.ini etc..)

Bigmustash
02-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Lo.
I have some noob questions for you folks.

PF:

I have some issues with the a-20 new guinea campaign that i can´t seem to solve. I´d like
to know if it is a borked campaign or if i have phucked up something.

A) No ground forces present,Allied or Japanese exept the ones at the airfield. This has to do something with the
DGen Groundforces:Low/Medium/High?
In config.ini files there are no mentions of this line (dont know if there should be?) but in
the Dgen files there is the set Medium (wich explains the absence of the ground troops).
If i change it to High, there STILL wont be any
groundforces, and the command changes back to Medium when i open the file again.Even if i have
put "Save Changes".

And in some mission brifings there are "There will be lots of targets of opportunity presented ,especially supply convoys".

Any way to change this in the middle of the campaign, or do i have to start over a new campaign?

B) The bridges. The comp seems to consider the wooden bridges as "Vehicles"? If i destroy 5 bridges, i get gredited in the Briefing section with one destroyed bridge and 4 destroyed vehicles, even if i havent destroyed any.Bug or a "Designed Option?" But when i go to the pilot profile,there the mission profiles(?) i see that
i have destroyed the correct number of bridges.

And does it affect the result in the dynamic campaign to destroy bridges?

C) AI crashes. In the readme file of 3.04 there was a mention of "fixed the AI crashes in New guinea campaign" but of total of participating 14-16 aircraft,usually 6-10 end up in the mountains on the return fligh, fighters as well as bombers. Feels stupid to ESC mission too early to save the frienly forces from being decimated.
Any possibilties to affect this?

D) Da Enema. There is ALLWAYS exactly 10 enemy fighters in the air.No more,no less.Even if in the briefing there is a mention "No enemy aircraft should be present,so you are free to spend you´r
ammo on strafing..."
The never harrass the bombers,only fight with the fighters.In the first 10 missions in the campaign, there have not been any sightings of any other planes in the air.
Again,should i go to conf.ini and change the aircraft intensity to High, or is it the campaign?

E) The bombs. Is it possible to chage the bomb load out from the magical DGen? In the campaign they have 2 ships off shore, and a hits from the full barrage of 2x100lbs/8x100lbs/2x100lbs doesnt seem to sing them.Wondering if you could add some 300lbs bombs to take them out?
And finally...gasp... I´m not good with numbers,but with the loadout mentioned above, you still seem to get only 5 pairs of releases, istead of 6. 2+8+2=12/2=6. Do i totally suck at counting (wich,on the other hand is true) or do i miss something?

And,oh, PS. Where could i find some A-20 skins?
Since the il2skins is down,i havent managed to find any. Dont have the skills to start from the
Void, but i can do some customisation/modifications to the existing skins. Can you fing the regular brown skin somewhere from the folders, or is that the "rendered" skin that is permanently on the plane? Any where you could find from the interweb?

Lot of questions, I know...

But thatnks in advance, community!
Intresting bunch around here.

PSS. Love the game.

edit...typos

Bigmustash
02-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Lo.
I have some noob questions for you folks.

PF:

I have some issues with the a-20 new guinea campaign that i can´t seem to solve. I´d like
to know if it is a borked campaign or if i have phucked up something.

A) No ground forces present,Allied or Japanese exept the ones at the airfield. This has to do something with the
DGen Groundforces:Low/Medium/High?
In config.ini files there are no mentions of this line (dont know if there should be?) but in
the Dgen files there is the set Medium (wich explains the absence of the ground troops).
If i change it to High, there STILL wont be any
groundforces, and the command changes back to Medium when i open the file again.Even if i have
put "Save Changes".

And in some mission brifings there are "There will be lots of targets of opportunity presented ,especially supply convoys".

Any way to change this in the middle of the campaign, or do i have to start over a new campaign?

B) The bridges. The comp seems to consider the wooden bridges as "Vehicles"? If i destroy 5 bridges, i get gredited in the Briefing section with one destroyed bridge and 4 destroyed vehicles, even if i havent destroyed any.Bug or a "Designed Option?" But when i go to the pilot profile,there the mission profiles(?) i see that
i have destroyed the correct number of bridges.

And does it affect the result in the dynamic campaign to destroy bridges?

C) AI crashes. In the readme file of 3.04 there was a mention of "fixed the AI crashes in New guinea campaign" but of total of participating 14-16 aircraft,usually 6-10 end up in the mountains on the return fligh, fighters as well as bombers. Feels stupid to ESC mission too early to save the frienly forces from being decimated.
Any possibilties to affect this?

D) Da Enema. There is ALLWAYS exactly 10 enemy fighters in the air.No more,no less.Even if in the briefing there is a mention "No enemy aircraft should be present,so you are free to spend you´r
ammo on strafing..."
The never harrass the bombers,only fight with the fighters.In the first 10 missions in the campaign, there have not been any sightings of any other planes in the air.
Again,should i go to conf.ini and change the aircraft intensity to High, or is it the campaign?

E) The bombs. Is it possible to chage the bomb load out from the magical DGen? In the campaign they have 2 ships off shore, and a hits from the full barrage of 2x100lbs/8x100lbs/2x100lbs doesnt seem to sing them.Wondering if you could add some 300lbs bombs to take them out?
And finally...gasp... I´m not good with numbers,but with the loadout mentioned above, you still seem to get only 5 pairs of releases, istead of 6. 2+8+2=12/2=6. Do i totally suck at counting (wich,on the other hand is true) or do i miss something?

And,oh, PS. Where could i find some A-20 skins?
Since the il2skins is down,i havent managed to find any. Dont have the skills to start from the
Void, but i can do some customisation/modifications to the existing skins. Can you fing the regular brown skin somewhere from the folders, or is that the "rendered" skin that is permanently on the plane? Any where you could find from the interweb?

Lot of questions, I know...

But thatnks in advance, community!
Intresting bunch around here.

PSS. Love the game.

edit...typos

Finkeren
02-18-2005, 03:26 AM
I've allmost given up on the PF-campaigns. They seem to be in lack of some serious testing, very unlike the ones in FB. If you want to fly the A-20 my advise is to alter the DGen to make it flyable in the USSR sturmovik campaign - this is historically correct (from mid. 1942 onwards) and it makes one amazing campaign!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I truly hope that 1C will make up for some of the mistakes in the future patch, but i'm not holding my breath http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

DD_NL
02-18-2005, 04:17 AM
IMHO none of the standard (DGen) campaigns that came with this game are any good. That's probably why there are so many usermade campaigns for download on the net. Might want to check out airwarfare.com or netwings.org for very cool static campaigns. There are also some folks who made complete new DGens and campaign generators (DCG, Uberdemon).

http://www.airwarfare.com/

http://www.netwings.org/

http://www.il2missions.com./

http://www.uberdemon.com/