PDA

View Full Version : forums not remembering my login:(

thefruitbat
06-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Anyone else having this problem? Everytime I use the forums I have to log in again, its not remembering my login details despite having the box checked everytime, is this just me?

plus my sig seems to have wondered off somewhere...

berg417448
06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Yup. I had to log in again and I had to use IE to get here. Attempts to use Firefox and Chrome both gave error messages.

thefruitbat
06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
i deleted cookies, and chrome started working again, just not the remembering part...

AndyJWest
06-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I've had problems too. Even after deleting cookies, Firefox won't open the forums without almost immediately producing an error message. For now I'm using IE...

Ba5tard5word
06-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Seems like they changed the page where you signed in, and they put in some ridiculous "sign in on facebook" link or something. I guess the old cookies don't work, I deleted cookies and signed in again and now it's working again.

arjisme
06-10-2010, 11:25 AM
It's not Firefox. I had the same issue with my laptop and Firefox. Now I am using my desktop (under Linux) and Firefox and it works fine.

arjisme
06-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by AndyJWest:
I've had problems too. Even after deleting cookies, Firefox won't open the forums without almost immediately producing an error message. For now I'm using IE... Same thing happened to me, btw. Turned out I didn't delete all the cookies related to the site. Browse through your entire cookie list and be sure you delete the ones related this site. I did, then had to login again and, now, am fine (this on my laptop).

AndyJWest
06-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ar****e:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyJWest:
I've had problems too. Even after deleting cookies, Firefox won't open the forums without almost immediately producing an error message. For now I'm using IE... Same thing happened to me, btw. Turned out I didn't delete all the cookies related to the site. Browse through your entire cookie list and be sure you delete the ones related this site. I did, then had to login again and, now, am fine (this on my laptop). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif - I'll have another look, to see what else looks relevant.

Mr_Zooly
06-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Its AAAALLLLLIIIIVVVEEEEEE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I felt a little dirty using IE.
Lost my sig though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AndyJWest
06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Zooly:
Its AAAALLLLLIIIIVVVEEEEEE http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I felt a little dirty using IE.
Lost my sig though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
That's fixed it! I know what you mean about IE, Zooly. Horrible stuff.

I should probably delete all my cookies - they accumulate at a ridiculous rate, and I'm sure they slow Firefox startup down.

Ba5tard5word
06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Delete your cache regularly if you want firefox to keep running smoothly. I didn't do this for a while and whenever I would go to youtube, FF would crash.

I like to delete cookies now and then, I don't really trust the little bastards.

Ba5tard5word
06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Also I am using IE at the moment and every time I load the forum page it makes me enter my password each time. I click on the "remember me" box but it doesn't seem to work other than remembering my user name...

M_Gunz
06-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Works fine except for the auto-login with the Seamonkey version of Mozilla.
I like Seamonkey because it's the closest to the old Netscape all-in-one browser/reader.

Add: Seamonkey does remember my name and pw and fills them in, but I have to click the login box... more UBI fun.

FlatSpinMan
06-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Same here using Chrome. couldn't access the site so I deleted cookies and logged in. bit later I turned off PC, came back and had to log in again.

deepo_HP
06-10-2010, 07:26 PM
you have to consider that every browser stores his own cookies. deleting them in IE still keeps them in FireFox, and vice-versa.

it seems that - whatever browser you use - the forum had a one-time hickup and didn't change the cookie to 'absent' when you closed the browser. in the regarding cookie it still says 'visiting the site' or so and when you try to log in the next time, it gives a conflict and won't let you.

so, it is (only) necessary to delete the cookies in the browser which gets the error on log-in. search for the cookies with 'ubi' in the name, usually that are two cookies for IE (search for a folder named 'cookies' in your user-account). Firefox has all cookies stored in a crypted file, but to delete specific cookies only, one can do so in the settings.

after the cookies are deleted for the browser who was used last before the error occurred, it is possible to log-in again.

however, as M_Gunz said, the auto log-in doesn't work in any browser anymore (at least for me and now). also some preferences in the user-profile are lost and can't be changed (like the auto log-in and auto-signature) as well as manual signature.
probably the forum-software... which is no surprise, since this is probably the slowest forum-tool ever. not to speak of a most confusing and ugly quote-frame, unusable text-colors and best hidden layout-features.

edit:
fancy, i have my old nickname again... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
additionally to what i said above about the forum-software, it has also the quite unique feature to allow a log-in/user name different from the name in profile.

megalopsuche
06-11-2010, 07:33 AM
I also cannot open the forums with firefox, and I loathe IE.

trumper
06-11-2010, 10:34 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I am getting this message on FF ,is anyone else?
Failed member integration login Caused by: 'com.infopop.platform.common.bo.Security$MiscSecur ityFailure: Security Token Refused by OneCommunity Server: 'Y''
I have had to re login on I E to get here.

Crash_Moses
06-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Yup. I was getting that message. Deleting my cookies and loggin in again has solved that problem but I still have to log in every time and my sig has disappeared.

EDIT: Belay that last. Didn't have to log in again on this PC (at work) but my sig is still missing.

voyager_663rd
06-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Crash_Moses:
Yup. I was getting that message. Deleting my cookies and loggin in again has solved that problem but I still have to log in every time and my sig has disappeared.

EDIT: Belay that last. Didn't have to log in again on this PC (at work) but my sig is still missing.

Went in and deleted both UBI cookies. FF still won't let me sign in (same message as above). And it says I'm not logged in (asks me to log in) but then reverts to the above-noted message.

IE is no problem (other than being IE)

Ba5tard5word
06-11-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm using IE at the moment and it is still making me enter my password every time I load the page. I really hope someone will fix this, it's annoying.

horseback
06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I've never had any problems. Maybe I'm just more memorable than some people around here...

cheers

horseback

Crash_Moses
06-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by voyager_663rd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Moses:

Went in and deleted both UBI cookies. FF still won't let me sign in (same message as above). And it says I'm not logged in (asks me to log in) but then reverts to the above-noted message.

IE is no problem (other than being IE) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger that. Home now and having the same problem you are. Here's what I did to fix it (sort of): Waited for the page to load and then hit the STOP button before it could display the error message. Took me a couple of tries, but hey...we're flight sim buffs right? Then I logged in.

I still have to log in every time I visit the site but at least I'm not getting that error message. Now if I can just find my signature...gotta be around here somewheres...

jarink
06-11-2010, 05:55 PM
I selectively deleted cookies from Firefox until I was able to get the page to load without bombing out. However, automatically logging in when I navigate to the page is broken (I am able to log in manually).

wheelsup_cavu
06-12-2010, 12:46 AM
I didn't have trouble logging in but it looks like my signature went AWOL though.

Wheels