PDA

View Full Version : 109k4 or 190a9 or Dora

jessi1
06-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Just curious as to what you all feel as to what has the more options to survive and kill online. What has more tricks up its sleeve to throw on the table and why. My choice would be the k4 because it has great climb and 1 hit 108s as well as good slow speed characteristics when needed, of course it depends on the style of fighting also(b&z or knifefighting) wich to me still the k4 has more cards to throw down. I love and fly the 190d9 and a9 the most but think a good 109k4 pilot has the more options at hand to use. What is your take on this and the pros and cons of the three. Salute all

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-29-2005, 10:50 AM
The '44 Dora is the new "queen of the prom". Climbs like a scared monkey, dives equally well, has that beloved FW roll-rate and can knife-fight with just about anything. Add to that the improved 20mm's and you have a recipe for success...as long as the pilot is capable of course.

TB

Jaws2002
06-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
The '44 Dora is the new "queen of the prom". Climbs like a scared monkey, dives equally well, has that beloved FW roll-rate and can knife-fight with just about anything. Add to that the improved 20mm's and you have a recipe for success...as long as the pilot is capable of course.

TB

What TB said.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif
But I think K4 has more options.

LeadSpitter_
06-29-2005, 02:35 PM
The A9 requires skill, you have to watch your E and use your speed, the dive speed and lack of eenergy loose is excellent when extending in the 190A, planes like the p47 will slow up so quickly from 1100km/h to 540km/h in a few minutes not even moving the stick just extending with nose trimmed down slightly. The 190A's stall speed is still much higher then what it should be historically just like the 51 47 p40 p39 around 85-88mph.

see stalling speeds here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/alliedchrts2.jpg

190A8 A9 and f8 flyiers definatly get my full respect.

The others 109 dora and ta152 are solo wonders which can do everything excellent!

from low alt turnfights not worring about E at all yank and bank then run at will after a turn fight if you choose to at will and wont be caught. They can also out turn mustangs high speed now 650-900kmph which was really the mustangs only advatage over the 109 high speed and its alt performance, the 190D had a slightly better turn rate over the p51 medium alt.

Basically that was most US acs advantage manueverability highspeed and dive speed advantage something extremely unnoticable this patch just like the 109s climb and dive accelaration compaired to the spit in 3.04.

The 109s and doras super alien accelaration, climb, high structural breakup speed, high speed manueverability is silly, also can do some amazing manuevers online with full 100% rudder. Doing that in the other ac even 25% rudder will flop your plane highspeed will immediatly flop you.

The a9s a mean plane its not what it was in 3.04 when it was absolute king of the game alongside the la7 but its still extremely deadly.

The other two I have to admit are just complete ufo yoyo insert quarter just buy the game and do incrediably well the first time flying exactly the same as PF 3.0's corsair c and ki84c right out of the box in version 3.0, I hope next patch oleg pays some serious attention to aircraft like that as he did with the corsair and ki84 in 3.0.

My guess is even with its bugged dm the 190A may have the higher loss ratio and seem to always be under 3000m only.

Hristo_
06-29-2005, 02:43 PM
For dueling - K-4. You can out-E any plane around you, but you'll have problems in high speed combat. Generally, your kills will come at lower speeds, and flying slow is always dangerous. Still, you'll find yourself above most enemies.

For lonewulfing in the arena - D-9. You'll be able to get away from all but the fastest pursuers. And even those will only catch you well behind your lines or even at your base.

For team tactics - A-9. The plane requires mutual support, but rewards you with one pass kills. A pack of A-9s can mop the floor with anything Reds can put up in the air.

Also, don't disregard A-6. A great allrounder, capable of variable tactics. Just watch not to get ********ed in one, as it is comparatively slow in late war.

faustnik
06-29-2005, 03:48 PM
The 190A's stall speed is still much higher then what it should be historically just like the 51 47 p40 p39 around 85-88mph.

There is conflicting information on this. Some clean, power-off stall speeds for the Fw190A are listed as high as 110mph.

WTE_Ibis
06-30-2005, 03:14 AM
Hey Jessi, did you get the copy of Butchered that I sent you??
Cheers, Ibis.

3.JG51_BigBear
06-30-2005, 10:58 AM
For the longest time I was a fan of the A9 because of the ability to pack two 30MM to make up for the weak 20s and its slightly better turning radius but given this most recent patch I've switched to the Dora. I doubt it will keep its unrealistic uberness for long.

NewNewly
06-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
For the longest time I was a fan of the A9 because of the ability to pack two 30MM to make up for the weak 20s and its slightly better turning radius but given this most recent patch I've switched to the Dora. I doubt it will keep its unrealistic uberness for long.

Heehehehe At the rate that patches are released FW Lovers will benefit from this for a long time coming. Oleg take a vacation, and don't worry about any new patcheshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PlaneEater
06-30-2005, 01:25 PM
The Dora is just too sexy.

D9 pwNs j00!

F0_Dark_P
06-30-2005, 03:47 PM
K-4 Für alle
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Nahoj/bf109_4.jpg

as above good klimb and guns, kills on a single burst, and it turns good

i just http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif it

S.taibanzai
06-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
The A9 requires skill, you have to watch your E and use your speed, the dive speed and lack of eenergy loose is excellent when extending in the 190A, planes like the p47 will slow up so quickly from 1100km/h to 540km/h in a few minutes not even moving the stick just extending with nose trimmed down slightly. The 190A's stall speed is still much higher then what it should be historically just like the 51 47 p40 p39 around 85-88mph.

see stalling speeds here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/alliedchrts2.jpg

190A8 A9 and f8 flyiers definatly get my full respect.

The others 109 dora and ta152 are solo wonders which can do everything excellent!

from low alt turnfights not worring about E at all yank and bank then run at will after a turn fight if you choose to at will and wont be caught. They can also out turn mustangs high speed now 650-900kmph which was really the mustangs only advatage over the 109 high speed and its alt performance, the 190D had a slightly better turn rate over the p51 medium alt.

Basically that was most US acs advantage manueverability highspeed and dive speed advantage something extremely unnoticable this patch just like the 109s climb and dive accelaration compaired to the spit in 3.04.

The 109s and doras super alien accelaration, climb, high structural breakup speed, high speed manueverability is silly, also can do some amazing manuevers online with full 100% rudder. Doing that in the other ac even 25% rudder will flop your plane highspeed will immediatly flop you.

The a9s a mean plane its not what it was in 3.04 when it was absolute king of the game alongside the la7 but its still extremely deadly.

The other two I have to admit are just complete ufo yoyo insert quarter just buy the game and do incrediably well the first time flying exactly the same as PF 3.0's corsair c and ki84c right out of the box in version 3.0, I hope next patch oleg pays some serious attention to aircraft like that as he did with the corsair and ki84 in 3.0.

My guess is even with its bugged dm the 190A may have the higher loss ratio and seem to always be under 3000m only.

Here we go again okl have alies planes

even in guncams you could see fw 190 out turning p-51 at high alt and p47 at mid alt

Hmm think of it that guncam films you have too leadspitter