PDA

View Full Version : Contacts on patrol help?

pigpenklx300
08-11-2006, 10:29 AM
I was doing my first mission last night and I had to go to a certain area and patrol it so on my way there I got notification of a ship contact on my map so I turn to go to it and when I get close its not there so I get right on top of it and its still not there. I dont know why can anyone help.

Celeon999
08-11-2006, 10:43 AM
The contact reports show the position of the ship in that moment only.

It is in movement so you need to plot an intercept course.

It can also happen that a ship or a convoy alters its course shortly after you recieved the report.

pigpenklx300
08-11-2006, 01:35 PM
ok but here is my question when I did my training missions the boats moved so I could see where they were moving to when I played last night on a mission the square stayed still and when I got to that point it wasnt there so is the training different. and part 2 of my question is should I be slowing down when I get a contact and doing a radar or sonar sweep and maybe that is why the ship on my map doesnt move?

Ali_109
08-11-2006, 02:49 PM
They will only move on the map when the watchcrew have actually spotted them(when you are surfaced and can actually see the ship through the attack peri)from a distance you will get an approx estimate of where they are, as Celeon says you will need to use your map and try and intercept its course.