PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with SH3 Commander 2

Praetorian27
10-03-2005, 09:00 AM
It says "SH3 Commander Error" where my rank is supposed to be. It says this for myself, and every member of my crew. Anyone else get this?

Praetorian27
10-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Anyone?

Pr0metheus 1962
10-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Sounds like you're missing one of the text files that contains the ranks. From where did you download the latest version of the mod, and what language selection do you use for ranks in the mod (US English, British English, French, or German)?

JScones
10-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Praetorian27:
It says "SH3 Commander Error" where my rank is supposed to be. It says this for myself, and every member of my crew. Anyone else get this?
I assume the exact text is "SH3Cmdr Error!"?

Under your SH3 Commander installation folder you *must* have a sub-folder called "Cfg" and in this folder you must have a file called "Menu static.txt".

If you have this file and folder, then as Beery has asked, in SH3 Commander what language are you selecting for your rank translations and what language do you play the game in?

Further, after SH3 Commander loads SH3, what text scrolls across the bottom of the screen (from right to left)?

Praetorian27
10-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Ahhhh-HAAAAA!!! Thanks guys!

Praetorian27
10-05-2005, 07:36 AM
This is strange. I have rank translations set to American, and the text in the game to English. It says "SH3 CMDR Error" in the rank slot. When I change the in game text to German, it works. I don't speak German so I need the text in English. I play the game just fine without SH3 Commander with text to English, but the ranks are in German. I do have that txt file that was mentioned. Anyone know what is screwy with SH3 Commander?

JScones
10-05-2005, 09:47 PM
What if you set the ranks to British?

JScones
10-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Pls send me an email (to the email address outlined in "SH3Cmdr Help.html") including two things:
-your copy of "Menu static.txt"
-a screenshot of your Microsoft Explorer showing the installation folders.