PDA

View Full Version : Please, Oleg, a brief Beaufighter question

Daiichidoku
01-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Currently as you know, the Beaufighter has no rear position viewable or AI gunner

No gun? NP

No viewablw rear position? NP

Is there any plans to iclude at least a verbal attack warning from the obsever/nav in a future patch?

IL2 rear gunner lets you know there is a rear attacker by firing his gun
IL2 rear gunner freaks out and wont shut up about neg G manuvers or a bumby take off run

In the Beaufighter, with NO rear visibility for the pilot, and no mirrors, is it not fair to compensate for this, especially given IRL obsever/navs would, if not carrying a gun, would and could TELL the pilot when he saw a rear attacker?

Myself, and many others would like to know this sir, thank you

3.JG51_BigBear
01-01-2005, 02:47 PM
That would be great. Even just the audio warning from the gunner would help a lot (although a rear gun would be nice). Its a fun plane to fly but its a total death trap if fighters are around.

FRAGAL
01-01-2005, 05:38 PM
bump

clint-ruin
01-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Yes please.

p1ngu666
01-02-2005, 07:57 AM
does the beu rear gunner ever say stuff?

ZG77_Nagual
01-02-2005, 08:05 AM
The Beaufighter observer is a philosphical position.
One day I got four ki84s and two I-185s (in a furball) in a beau - to no losses. If you plan ahead that thing can dogfight!

p1ngu666
01-02-2005, 08:18 AM
yep http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
i still really hanker for a rear gun tho, vs the german stuff u need it. japanease stuff u can just run away from (ki84 u cant)

pourshot
01-03-2005, 01:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZG77_Nagual:
The Beaufighter observer is a philosphical position.
One day I got four ki84s and two I-185s (in a furball) in a beau - to no losses. If you plan ahead that thing can dogfight! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were you flying no external views? if not your enemy totaly sucked LOL. I love the Beaufighter but a dogfighter it aint http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Give us a rear gun plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Daiichidoku
01-03-2005, 03:14 AM
well, it CAN DF...it turns well, is forgiving, provided you keep your airspeed up...doesnt have the worst zoom climb, and is very very sstable

But its mostly better for pickin off tgts that are otherwise preoccupied

But then, all this is provided you are flying arcade, with ext views and padlock

A deathtrap in full real

But lets not dilute the issue at hand, that is, hopefully getting a comment from Oleg about any plans that may or may not be forthcoming as concerns the Beaufighter crew position, AI or user gunner, user viewable position, or at least an observer/nav that is NOT a mute

I know from another Beau thread that some rear cockpit models were done, and not included in PF for some reason...

Im hopeful they (or any other remedy) will surface with 304 patch or an extra CD

Taylortony
01-03-2005, 08:14 AM
I mentioned it with my bug report for it so they know about it.

ZG77_Nagual
01-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Das Beauf does a couple things really well.
Obviously it accelerates and is fast on the deck. It can also sustain a really slow turn past the point where alot of ac twitch out. And it can hang vertically.
Anything that passes it's beam, however briefly, is bound for either severe damage or destruction

Daiichidoku
01-04-2005, 05:14 PM
bump